Frobisher

Thought I would write a few words about last night before I start writing 4,000 words on a bloody teapot.

Having been to the Frobisher only once before... didn't really know what to expect from the night... or more to the point... didn't really know what the night was expecting from me!

Now... I have no recollection about how this happened... but we somehow managed to get to the Frobisher before 9pm... scary spider.. I know.

Have to say... being one of the first to arrive gave me an opportunity to appreciate what a nice venue the Frobisher is. There is nothing like a load of sweating middle age soulies to detract from your surroundings. :D

Was really good to be greeted by Trevski's smiling face as soon as we walked in... much better in the flesh than in wicker. wicked.gif

Anyway... in the time it took to get ourselves a drink and sit ourselves down... the place had started to get really busy.

What a great bunch of people too... really friendly and well up for hitting that dance floor from the off. No waiting on ceremony here... they just get on with it... like it should be.

Before I knew it, I was up... but not before having Dave play the Stunners - Nobody but Me - Renfro... damn... how good is this record!

The next hour went way too quick... for me anyway.

The highlight of the hour was having someone ask me for Kelly & Soul Explosions... and then to see it pack the dance floor... doesn't get much better.

Soul Sam took over from me and had the floor rammed from start to finish to tunes such as Chico Lamarr and the incredible Ernie Johnson. He did get a tad too funky for me half way through his spot... but I was obviously in the minority because the crowd were lapping it up.

Apologies for having to leave before the end... I had better get this bloody degree that's all I can say!

Big thanks to Dave for asking me... to Paul for travelling such a long way... to Ian C for his body popping... and to Cunnie for getting me big style. :shades::yes:

Yep... the Frobisher gets the :wicked: from me!

• Replies 5
  • Views 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

... to Ian C for his body popping...

=========================================================================

I can move groove slip n slide put a dip in my hip let my backbone slip with the best Joan

you aint seen nothin yet was,nt gonna let my friend Suz outdance me :wicked:

Great spot Joan, the way you jump around behind those decks i thought you where plugged into the mains

Jumpin Jellybean Joan turned on tuned in terrific tunes hows that for a intro to your spot laugh.gif

Edited by IANCSLOFT

Guest soul kitten

Was really good to be greeted by Trevski's smiling face as soon as we walked in... much better in the flesh than in wicker. :shades:

:):shades:laugh.gif:yes:

yes the mans treadin on thin ice,sure he ll survive made of strong stuff our Trev

great spot Joan n enjoyed Sam s too,night made better by the fact misses lost her voice :D

well done Fred n Dave top night once again.

Thought I would write a few words about last night before I start writing 4,000 words on a bloody teapot.

Having been to the Frobisher only once before... didn't really know what to expect from the night... or more to the point... didn't really know what the night was expecting from me!

Now... I have no recollection about how this happened... but we somehow managed to get to the Frobisher before 9pm... scary spider.. I know.

Have to say... being one of the first to arrive gave me an opportunity to appreciate what a nice venue the Frobisher is. There is nothing like a load of sweating middle age soulies to detract from your surroundings. :)

Was really good to be greeted by Trevski's smiling face as soon as we walked in... much better in the flesh than in wicker. :rolleyes:

Anyway... in the time it took to get ourselves a drink and sit ourselves down... the place had started to get really busy.

What a great bunch of people too... really friendly and well up for hitting that dance floor from the off. No waiting on ceremony here... they just get on with it... like it should be.

Before I knew it, I was up... but not before having Dave play the Stunners - Nobody but Me - Renfro... damn... how good is this record!

The next hour went way too quick... for me anyway.

The highlight of the hour was having someone ask me for Kelly & Soul Explosions... and then to see it pack the dance floor... doesn't get much better.

Soul Sam took over from me and had the floor rammed from start to finish to tunes such as Chico Lamarr and the incredible Ernie Johnson. He did get a tad too funky for me half way through his spot... but I was obviously in the minority because the crowd were lapping it up.

Apologies for having to leave before the end... I had better get this bloody degree that's all I can say!

Big thanks to Dave for asking me... to Paul for travelling such a long way... to Ian C for his body popping... and to Cunnie for getting me big style. :D:wicked:

Yep... the Frobisher gets the thumbsup.gif from me!

Yes what a great night it was,you played a great set of tunes.Can you post your playlist please? Many thanks to Dave Who is a most underated Dj around Yorkshire imo

and to Cunnie for getting me big style. :rolleyes::D

:wicked::) Stitched up like a kipper thumbsup.gif

Great night as usual at the Frobisher.

Now i know why they call you JumpinJoan.

Always like to see a DJ getting into it behind the decks as Joan & Sam did on Saturday as i feel it shows they're putting everything into it & it comes across to the punters.

Was great to see Sam go straight from the Urban Blues Project & then Michael Proctor into Margret Little.

Wouldn't work in a million years for anyone else but somehow it does for good old Sammy boy.

Yes what a great night it was,you played a great set of tunes.Can you post your playlist please? Many thanks to Dave Who is a most underated Dj around Yorkshire imo

Here you go... :thumbsup:

INTERTAINS - I NEED YOUR LOVE - UPTOWN

VELVELETTES - BIRD IN THE HAND - VIP

VENTURAS - HEART OF LOVE - GREEN LIGHT

WINSTONS - AIN'T NOTHING LIKE - CURTOM

SHARON SCOTT - COULD IT BE YOU - RCA

SHIRLEY KAROL - JUST TO MAKE YOU HAPPY - DAKAR

SKIP JACKSON - I'M ONTO YOU GIRL - DOT MAR

CELEST HARDIE - YOU'RE GONE - REYNOLDS

KELLY & SOUL EXPLOSIONS-TALKIN BOUT MY BABYS LOVE -DYNAMITE

MARTHA & VANDELLAS - BEEN IN LOVE TOO LONG - GORDY

EMANUEL LASKEY - PEACE LOVING MAN - THELMA