Frank Wilson : Do I Love You : Original On Soul

Sunnysoul

Wanted please, an original US issue on the Soul label of Frank Wilson's "Do I Love You (Indeed I Do) "

I have made the decision to pursue a copy of this record and have put loan finance arrangements in place in anticipation of a copy being offered to me.

Payment will be made within one week of the agreement to purchase, by international transfer.

I am willing to nominate a price of $25,000.00 (US Dollars) for a mint copy but I am open to negotiate that price depending on condition and all other relevant factors.

Obviously appropriate delivery and insurance arrangements will have to be discussed, but I am prepared to factor in the cost of an international courier to effect personal door to door delivery anywhere in the world.

All commmunications must remain strictly confidential and it may be that I ask the seller to execute a strict confidentiality agreement regarding the sale.

Serious sellers and dealers please, no time wasters. Thank you for your attention.

Edited by sunnysoul
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 32
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

All commmunications must remain strictly confidential and it may be that I ask the seller to execute a strict confidentiality agreement regarding the sale.

err... you've just told the whole world you want to buy it :D:shades:

as there are only 2 copies, why not try contacting the owners direct, i'm sure someone on here will be able to help in that respect?

cheers Paul

Social source share

err... you've just told the whole world you want to buy it whistling.gif:D

as there are only 2 copies, why not try contacting the owners direct, i'm sure someone on here will be able to help in that respect?

cheers Paul

Its due for a return to popularity I think, as Paramount Comedy Channel are using it on the "Everybody Loves Raymond" final season trailers :rolleyes:

Social source share

if i never heard it again it would be too soon.as for purchasing it,i would say bob hope,no hope! $25,000 is quite a bit less than the price paid for the last copy bought.

hear hear , wouldnt have it if i was given it..over-rated in my opinion...never liked it

Social source share

Yep - neither of the 2 copies are mint - Tim's has a profound edge warp and Kenny's has WOL.

Finding a mint one? More chance finding a gold disc of "Cheatin' Kind"................

You can have my gold disc of "cheating kind " Gene at the right price shhh.gif

Social source share

Cheers Bearsy - can you ensure the paint's dried before putting it back in the sleeve? whistling.gif

Still shaking the can as i type Gene :rolleyes: , how are Gene, you missed a great night on Saturday in Rochester :D

Social source share

Guest kid mohair

quote name='sunnysoul' date='Feb 26 2007, 03:24 AM' post='445332']

Wanted please, an original US issue on the Soul label of Frank Wilson's "Do I Love You (Indeed I Do) "

I have made the decision to pursue a copy of this record and have put loan finance arrangements in place in anticipation of a copy being offered to me.

Payment will be made within one week of the agreement to purchase, by international transfer.

I am willing to nominate a price of $25,000.00 (US Dollars) for a mint copy but I am open to negotiate that price depending on condition and all other relevant factors.

Obviously appropriate delivery and insurance arrangements will have to be discussed, but I am prepared to factor in the cost of an international courier to effect personal door to door delivery anywhere in the world.

Serious sellers and dealers please, no time wasters. Thank you for your attention.

Social source share

Guest Michael Higgins

It's this "no time wasters" line that baffles me. Are there realistic fears of an influx of wooly minded sorts with a Frank Wilson in their box, yet with an inability to make up their mind whether they want to sell it or not, giving rise to a subsequent tiresome to-and-froing on the mail? Or, given that there are only two around to begin (?), is this a prediction of the likely response of one owner or the other, and therefore an implied slight against one of them. If so, which one? ;-) Or perhaps it refers to those people who might respond: "I'm afraid I don't have a mint Frank Wilson about me at the moment, but I DO rather fancy that $25,000 you mentioned. Is there anything else I can do for it -- jobs around the garden and what-have-you?"

Actually, having just reread what I've written, perhaps I understand what "no time wasters" meant! unsure.gif

Social source share

err... you've just told the whole world you want to buy it whistling.gif:rolleyes:

cheers Paul

i thought another one or two copies where found recently ,there was a mention in the uk record colector mag that another was found

in the states and sold for silly amounts !

good luck mate , i prefer chris clarkes vocal myself

Social source share

i thought another one or two copies where found recently ,there was a mention in the uk record colector mag that another was found

in the states and sold for silly amounts !

good luck mate , i prefer chris clarkes vocal myself

No mate, it was a joke played by a record shop owner in Chicago. This guy stuck a photocopy of the original label on another 45, framed it, and hang it on his shop wall...

Edited by Roccia
Social source share

I reckon, in principle, that this is a pretty reasonable (if not over optimistic) request.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Some would say that the two 'known' copies (known to UK collectors and held by UK collectors) are almost certainly not the only two copies out there.

I have heard furtive whispers of others 'turning up' over the years (one dealer advertised a copy less than 10 years ago which reputedly ended up with a very 'private' Motown collector).

Rare record, absolutely... but I doubt that there are only two copies on the entire planet... and certainly, if I had one, I'd be pm'ing sunnysoul right now, instead of typing this post.

Also, if I wanted to acquire a copy (I don't), this might be as good a place as any to get the ball rolling.

Sean

Social source share

Some would say that the two 'known' copies (known to UK collectors and held by UK collectors) are almost certainly not the only two copies out there.

I have heard furtive whispers of others 'turning up' over the years (one dealer advertised a copy less than 10 years ago which reputedly ended up with a very 'private' Motown collector).

Sean

Quite true Sean

Know of 2 other copies in the London area in the hands of Motown collectors.

Just cos there's only 2 on't Northern scene it don't mean no others exist.

Social source share

Quite true Sean

Know of 2 other copies in the London area in the hands of Motown collectors.

Just cos there's only 2 on't Northern scene it don't mean no others exist.

Herd the same :thumbsup: how true though nobody knows :thumbsup:

Social source share

Are these 2 known on the London scene definates, or just Urban Myth....

I heard one of the top Motown collectors is a Taxi driver, and he has one, but then again it could be a load of toss.

100% Joe.

Seen one of the copies.

Just don't run around saying look at this.

Funny thing is there's a chance you might know him.

Will tell you who he is in confidence the next time i see you.

Pond in 2 weeks?

Social source share