soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 17
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi,

can anyone help me out with a copy of this?

would be much appreciated.

even if you can just point me in the right direction

ta.

Gary Dennis has an Ensign 7" for sale on his web site @ £15.00. Never heard the Ensign 7", but the 12" on Ensign is not the same as the Hit House 12". This is not a rare record, but very rarely comes up for sale for some reason. Absolutley fantastic dancer IMVHO. Shame it has never crossed over to the "Rare" scene. Good luck with your search.

Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

Gary Dennis has an Ensign 7" for sale on his web site @ £15.00. Never heard the Ensign 7", but the 12" on Ensign is not the same as the Hit House 12". This is not a rare record, but very rarely comes up for sale for some reason. Absolutley fantastic dancer IMVHO. Shame it has never crossed over to the "Rare" scene. Good luck with your search.

The 7 is an edit of the 12, as you say, Hilly and crew made up a different mix to that on Hit House.

Great record.

Social source share

yea, i didnt think it'd be that much.

I'm sure you must be able to find one over here!?

That ensign 12 is a UK pressing

so what is the hit house 12? it was pressed in the same year!?

surely i shouldnt have to go to the bloody states to get it!

Try ringing Gary in the shop, not everything is listed on his site and he may well have one about. Not sure what either label fetches, but would imagine about £25.00 to £30.00. If you like I could put both copies onto CD for you so that you an choose which one to buy, although this may take a week or so, as I need to get them both out of the loft.

Hope this helps you.

D'Arcy

Social source share

Try ringing Gary in the shop, not everything is listed on his site and he may well have one about. Not sure what either label fetches, but would imagine about £25.00 to £30.00. If you like I could put both copies onto CD for you so that you an choose which one to buy, although this may take a week or so, as I need to get them both out of the loft.

Hope this helps you.

D'Arcy

i checked the shop, am pretty sure thats the one i want so thanks very much.

guess the only thing to ask if anyone has a sound file of the hithouse version so i can compare and double check

Social source share

yea, i didnt think it'd be that much.

I'm sure you must be able to find one over here!?

That ensign 12 is a UK pressing

so what is the hit house 12? it was pressed in the same year!?

surely i shouldnt have to go to the bloody states to get it!

Its a UK record only - Hit House is the original and has sold in excess of £100 in the past.....Ensign the later issue / remix. Luckily the demand from the Japs & US disco buyers has waned. You should be able to find a nice copy on Hit House for around £50...

Girf

Social source share

I disagree. Get the Ensign 7". Cheaper and doesn't go on and on and on and on. :D Superb tune! :D

I think your right mate,

indeed a superb tune. just listend to the sound file on here and though its musical genius it does go on a bit :D

i've got the 7" on its way...

thank you all very much for your knowledge and information.

:D

Edited by pongo
Social source share

I used to play the Hithouse version at Bradford Queens Hall - it was sampled by the Cleveland City label (Wolverhampton) in the early 90's on the house scene, which was a shock to hear as it was quite banging but a very clever use of the guitar.

It wsan't fetching that big money then - but the next time I saw it was at Pwythelli Weekender in Sams box, marked up at £50.

Edited by Barry
Social source share

Guest MARTIN SNOW

Good news, I have a copy of the yellow label Hithouse UK 12" in stock in mint condition for £75, I dont currently have the Ensign copy though, which is a remix. Hithouse is the original label and mix, this is a British artist and production.

I can be contacted at :

martin.safesounds@btopenworld.com by email,

or 01737 762605 landline, after 13.00 hrs because my sleep cycle is badly messed up at present !

Anyone looking for similar 12's drop me a line or call. Thanks Martin Snow, Safe Sounds.

Social source share