Janie Grant - Need Help

Ernie Andrews

hI Can people give their versions of what is a boot of "My heart your heart"

3 years ago I sold mine at the Ritz in Mnachester and regretted it

Just got another butnot sure about it

Its a white label but has nothing about being promo etc and the one I used to have had "not for sale" on both sides!

Some matrix numbers are scratched out - It has a stamp of some sort on both sides but is illegible. Its a vinyl copy.

Many thanks Steve

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

There are two boots of My Heart Your Heart:

1. White label Parkway, but no reference to demo. Vinyl thin and tapers at the edge. Print quite faint.

2. West Coast demo, with the twin shields design. Pressed on styrene, which I think has a 100,.... type delta matrix.

Social source share

hI Can people give their versions of what is a boot of "My heart your heart"

3 years ago I sold mine at the Ritz in Mnachester and regretted it

Just got another butnot sure about it

Its a white label but has nothing about being promo etc and the one I used to have had "not for sale" on both sides!

Some matrix numbers are scratched out - It has a stamp of some sort on both sides but is illegible. Its a vinyl copy.

Many thanks Steve

Hi Steve

I bought both of these from Soul Bowl in the 70's

Parkway P-982 ............................................. Parkway P-983

Parkway_P-982-B_DJ.jpgParkway_P-983-A_DJ.jpg

The Janie Grant "Bell Sound" Matrix Stamp is Difficult to Detect.

They appear to have sorted the problem out for the next number, which happens to be Christine Cooper..

This has "Bell Sound" firmly stamped on Both sides.

However ..... I noticed that, on the Christine Cooper there is also another very faint Matrix, a little to the left of the bold "Bell Sound"

possibly another "Bell Sound" very poorly stamped and very similar to the Janie Grant Matrix

It almost looks like they had to replace a faulty Matrix stamp between these two issues.at the Pressing Plant.

It is a Minefield - Bootleg guide is a must have.

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

There are two boots of My Heart Your Heart:

1. White label Parkway, but no reference to demo. Vinyl thin and tapers at the edge. Print quite faint.

2. West Coast demo, with the twin shields design. Pressed on styrene, which I think has a 100,.... type delta matrix.

Make that 3 then Gene, there is a wishy washy yellow boot as well (may even be beige come to think of it ?)

I'll dig it out

Social source share

Make that 3 then Gene, there is a wishy washy yellow boot as well (may even be beige come to think of it ?)

I'll dig it out

Hi Dave,

I think that may be the "twin shields" boot - now you mention it, I do remember it being a nicotine brown label!

Incidentally, the boots of "(Whoa Whoa) I Love Him So" by Nikki Blu on Parkway had a bright yellow label and, yes, the quality was a bit wishy-washy - must have been done in the same batch.

Gene

Edited by Gene-R
Social source share

Guest Johnny Mack

The one I have is identical to the scan below save its got a cut out hole. It carries neither "DJ Copy" nor "Not for sale" language.

P928A/B has been scratched out in deadwax on respective sides and replaced with P982A/B

Vinyl is heavy and there's a feint Bell stamp both sides but its hard to make out.

Hope this helps.

John

Hi Steve

They appear to have sorted the problem out for the next number, which happens to be Christine Cooper..

However ..... I noticed that, on the Christine Cooper there is also another very faint Matrix, a little to the left of the bold "Bell Sound"

possibly another "Bell Sound" very poorly stamped and very similar to the Janie Grant Matrix

It almost looks like they had to replace a faulty Matrix stamp between these two issues.at the Pressing Plant.

Social source share

The one I have is identical to the scan below save its got a cut out hole. It carries neither "DJ Copy" nor "Not for sale" language.

P928A/B has been scratched out in deadwax on respective sides and replaced with P982A/B

Vinyl is heavy and there's a feint Bell stamp both sides but its hard to make out.

Hope this helps.

John

Hi John are you saying that the one you have is an original?

The previous copy I had had the DJ copy not for sale under right habd side not like Christine cooper which is above.

I have the botleg guide but thats not conclusive saving what people have said here

Mine is identical in description to yours with the scratched out matrix and replaced with another.

It looks like a feint stamp on both sides. being honest I never checked the stamp on my previous copy

Cheers Steve

Social source share

Hi Steve

Hi John are you saying that the one you have is an original?

The previous copy I had had the DJ copy not for sale under right habd side not like Christine cooper which is above.

I have the botleg guide but thats not conclusive saving what people have said here

Mine is identical in description to yours with the scratched out matrix and replaced with another.

It looks like a feint stamp on both sides. being honest I never checked the stamp on my previous copy

Cheers Steve

Hi Steve

Sorry I got caught up with the Feint Matrix Stamp Details.

The Scanned Copy Is Original, is Vinyl and has in the Deadwax

Parkway_P-982-B_DJ.jpg

Feint "Bell Sound" - "P982----P928 B" - On the "My Heart Your Heart" side

Parkway_P-982-A_DJ.jpg

Feint "Bell Sound" - "P928A---- P982-A" - On the "And That Reminds Me Of You" side

I hope that this helps. :shhh:

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Many thanks for that

I just dont understand why it doesnt have the " Not for sale" writing like my previous copy had.

My previous copy even had a date written on it as 1967 on one side and 66 on another!

Hi

Cameo & Parkway appear to have a West Coast & an East Coast DEMO for most of their releases.

I am told that there is a White DEMO for this one which I haven't seen, but if so, that would make it a 3rd DEMO for this release.

CAMEO C-347

Cameo_C-347-B_YDJ.jpgCameo_C-347-B_DJ.jpg

Could have happened with others I suppose. :shhh:

It was released again on CAMEO C-382, but I am told the C-347 has a White DEMO

Cameo_C-382-B.jpg

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!