From The Strange World Of Northern Soul

Guest vespadan83

Guest vespadan83

Hello

I'm after the name of the singer and title of a song.

It's in the first few minutes of the strange world of northern soul.

Woman singer

I just can't wait for Saturday. My hearts is beating faster.(sorry can't remember any more lyrics)

Any help is appreciated.

vespadan

Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest vespadan83

Thanks for that.

it is " my heart is beating faster by Rocq e Harrell

Ps it's not my cup of tea either.

apparently it get played / sampled at "old skool house nights"

Cheers

dan

Social source share

The original version of 'My Heart Keeps Beating Faster' was on a 1989 Nightmare 12" and is a great 136 bpm High Energy record. i wonder if that pisses some people off even more. :wicked:

Rocq - E - Harrell sang back ups with Diana Ross.

However, she doesn't sing about 'Saturday' but Tammi Lavette does in 'Seven Days' and how her 'heart starts to pound'.

Hi Phil, hope you're well !

I just put the DVD on..the opening shots of Sandi Sheldon, Tobi Legend and Frank Wilson telling their stories about how the records they made years ago became, unbeknown to them, Northern classics brings a lump to my throat.

Social source share

The original version of 'My Heart Keeps Beating Faster' was on a 1989 Nightmare 12" and is a great 136 bpm High Energy record. i wonder if that pisses some people off even more. :thumbsup:

Rocq - E - Harrell sang back ups with Diana Ross.

However, she doesn't sing about 'Saturday' but Tammi Lavette does in 'Seven Days' and how her 'heart starts to pound'.

Hi Phil, hope you're well !

I just put the DVD on..the opening shots of Sandi Sheldon, Tobi Legend and Frank Wilson telling their stories about how the records they made years ago became, unbeknown to them, Northern classics brings a lump to my throat.

Is it true that these two tracks were Edvard Munch's inspiration too Simon ? whistling.gif

Social source share

Guest Fatius Bumius

Ay Up Baz

You mean you don't like it ? Awww didums - Say whatcha think :thumbsup: I see it's your last played track, have you by any chance got it on repeat ? Eh Eh ??? rolleyes.gif You can PM me if you are too embarrassed to admit it lol.

Mr L mix, you're not wrong, it is.

It's on Goldmine CD "You Didn't Say a Word". Few other tracks on the cd with the similar backing.

Maybe the house/sample remix they are playing is better ??

I can't listen to it anymore, going for a dose of proper good old early 60's soul :wicked:

Di

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert