Moses Dillard, Pat & The Blenders, Enchantments... Etc Etc

Guest Tommy

Guest Tommy

I've listed up over 190 45's today, all with low kick off's. Plenty of nice stuff (All originals) including:

Moses Dillard - I'll Pay The Price

Pat & The Blenders - Just Because

The Enchantments - I'm In Love With Your Daughter

Paul Mitchell Trio - Straight Ahead And Don't Look Back

The Beach Boys - Surfin' ( rolleyes.gif )

Soul Exotics - Baby It's True

Hoagy Lands - The Next In Line

Jim & Lee - Let Go, Baby

Jo Ann Garrett - A Whole New Plan (W/D)

etc, etc...

https://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1...chee3QQsbrsrtZd

:lol:

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 10
  • Views 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I've listed up over 190 45's today, all with low kick off's. Plenty of nice stuff (All originals) including:

Moses Dillard - I'll Pay The Price

Pat & The Blenders - Just Because

The Enchantments - I'm In Love With Your Daughter

Paul Mitchell Trio - Straight Ahead And Don't Look Back

The Beach Boys - Surfin' ( :thumbsup: )

Soul Exotics - Baby It's True

Hoagy Lands - The Next In Line

Jim & Lee - Let Go, Baby

Jo Ann Garrett - A Whole New Plan (W/D)

etc, etc...

https://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1...chee3QQsbrsrtZd

:D

Love the Paul Mitchell Trio :lamsey: but mine is on a different lable design. The change over to the new design must have coincided with the release. I have A.B. White 'Check Yourself' on the same design as your copy Tommy and always thought that was a later release. Perhaps it one of those releases that happened in the middle of a lable design change over or maybe different pressing plants had different designs. It so hard to find I can't see there being two seperate releases? But maybe I'm wrong :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Tommy

Love the Paul Mitchell Trio :wicked: but mine is on a different lable design. The change over to the new design must have coincided with the release. I have A.B. White 'Check Yourself' on the same design as your copy Tommy and always thought that was a later release. Perhaps it one of those releases that happened in the middle of a lable design change over or maybe different pressing plants had different designs. It so hard to find I can't see there being two seperate releases? But maybe I'm wrong :rolleyes:

Hi Ged, Thanks for your post. I have no idea mate. I'd never heard of the record until i found this copy. I asked around, and did my research, and the only person i could find with a copy (and of all people) is a local friend of mine. So currently there are 2 copies of this in L.A... weird as it's a Chicago record :P

No one else but yourself Ged seems to know it, as far as i can make out. Very rare indeed.

Social source share

Guest Tommy

NAT COLE JR. & TERI CARTER - YOU / TWO MAKES A TEAM - COMPTON'S STAFF:

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...E:IT&ih=010

Is this track very well known? I must admit i didnt know it until i found this copy the other week. Couldnt believe it when i played it. Cracking version of Martha Branch on Solid Soul (better than M.B. if you ask me). Must be dead rare.

Link to Manships Martha Branch to compare:

https://www.raresoulman.co.uk/searchartist....RTHA&Format=

you.mp3

Social source share

Hi Ged, Thanks for your post. I have no idea mate. I'd never heard of the record until i found this copy. I asked around, and did my research, and the only person i could find with a copy (and of all people) is a local friend of mine. So currently there are 2 copies of this in L.A... weird as it's a Chicago record :rolleyes:

No one else but yourself Ged seems to know it, as far as i can make out. Very rare indeed.

I've looked at mine again and its plain green and may be a demo but it doesn't say demo on it but is so plain compared to your copy. It's one that I always expected to be know when I was offered it but no one I have spoken to knows it either. I have played it out a couple of times and always get asked about it when I do. It did get an appreciative round of applause at the but that was at the Deafway club in Preston :shades: . It goes well with Roy, Rock and Reese - Whos Complaining on Culpar. I put both of these on a CD for Chalky last year.

Social source share

Guest Tommy

I've looked at mine again and its plain green and may be a demo but it doesn't say demo on it but is so plain compared to your copy. It's one that I always expected to be know when I was offered it but no one I have spoken to knows it either. I have played it out a couple of times and always get asked about it when I do. It did get an appreciative round of applause at the but that was at the Deafway club in Preston :D . It goes well with Roy, Rock and Reese - Whos Complaining on Culpar. I put both of these on a CD for Chalky last year.

Interesting Ged. I can't see why it wouldnt work on the dance floor. May need pitching down just a touch (-1, maybe), but i think it's a great record. It's records like this that keeps it interesting :-)

Cheers,

Tommy.

Social source share