Not Played Anymore

Guest Kill_a_pig

• Replies 54
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I shall be playing a few great tracks that arent played anymore on the scene (well as far as I know that is and I do travel and go to a lot of venues) at the 100 club, but you will of course have to come down to hear what they are, or wait for a play list :wicked:

thats the 8th Feb :wicked::D:D

Social source share

I shall be playing a few great tracks that arent played anymore on the scene (well as far as I know that is and I do travel and go to a lot of venues) at the 100 club, but you will of course have to come down to hear what they are, or wait for a play list  :D

thats the 8th Feb  :)   :wicked:   :D

link

Kinell, don't tell me we're gonna get this plugged every day for the next 5 weeks :wicked::D

Social source share

nope its only just over a week away, so not that long, and YES I will be plugging it at every availible oppertunity, just like others do about their do's on here, but in return I shall also be doing a full feature write up after the do :wicked:

Social source share

Dunno about that - McDiarmid Park can get pretty chilly this time of year.

Regards

Hammy

link

:D other side of the world you will be pleased to know :wicked:

Shall also be DJing over there but wont annoy you all with that one much as it's a bit far for anyone to go :shades:

Social source share

2 0f the best from my past & I know i will get a slaging for posting these

I think it would be a brave man to play them out nowadays  :D

link

Bobby Paris - stunning tune.

Still played at oldies nights.

My suggestion is Back Street - Edwin Starr.

Heard Dave Rimmer play it at Peterborough, had forgotten what great sounds were on Ric Tic.

Social source share

if a track is as good as that ( i walked away ) why would it take a brave man to play it. I find it very strange that tracks get overlooked for the reason that some might turn their nose up at it. Who cares what these people think. Just because it hasn't been played for X amount of years surely doesn't mean that it should be forgotten for ever!!!!

Social source share

Jerry Butler - One Night Affair

Darrell Banks  - Angel Baby

Ray Merrell - Tears Of Joy

The Knights - When You Drop Your Guard 

There are so many to choose from

link

i prefer the stevie wonder version of angel baby ......was it ever played ?

Davie

Social source share

Mine is Jon Ford "You've Got Me Where you want me", why is this so hard to get?

Phil

link

Same answer as with most of them - it wasn't bought at the time, radio didn't play it, badly promoted. But the mystery with this particular record is - the issues are relatively common - I've had 4 or 5 - but the demos are absolutely mega rare, probably less than 10 known Philips demos, nobody seems to know why.

Social source share

I think it would be a brave man to play them out nowadays  whistling.gif

link

Go to a an average soul night in the midlands and you'll find plenty of men "brave" enough to play Bobby Paris!

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

Janine, why not play it on the 8th? Along with that other one that's not played much, The Entertainer by Tony Clark!  :shades:

link

Please don't encourage her. Janine played a pretty good set at the last These Old Shoes, spoiled only by playing The Entertainer. whistling.gif

Social source share

i prefer the stevie wonder version of angel baby ......was it ever played ?

Davie

link

Ive got The album but i think it a reissue its on uk Tamla Motown

anybody Know how to till a reissue form the original, must admit I know very little about lps, Seen loads on ebay

Social source share

Ive got The album but i think it a reissue its on uk Tamla Motown

anybody Know how to till a reissue form the original, must admit I know very little about lps, Seen loads on ebay

link

The original UK LP will have a catalogue number preceded by 'TML' for mono or 'STML' for stereo copies.

Paul

SITC

Social source share

What About 'The Paradox - Ring The Changes'

I Think it Was British Played By Rob Smith Early 80's

link

It's on UK Polydor. I used to have a vocal of that, Ring The Changes by (bollocks I forgot who it was) but it was on black UK RCA, one of the last releases before it changed to the yellow label.

Social source share

Jerry Butler On my play list the last few weeks....Great 70s mooover..

link

I've played it quite a bit at Soulsville in the last year or so.

The Knights - now I haven't that out for such a long time!!! "When you drop your guard, Love knocks you down......"

Used to love that when I was a kid, doing all me boxing moves to the T.K.O. part. Quite silly I was really.....

Social source share

Sorry Jamie did you mean 'was'...??  aggressive.gif

link

Pot and Kettle springs to mind....... :wicked:

You rascal, we can discuss your fragile state of mind on Saturday.....

Social source share

I've played it quite a bit at Soulsville in the last year or so.

The Knights - now I haven't that out for such a long time!!! "When you drop your guard, Love knocks you down......"

Used to love that when I was a kid, doing all me boxing moves to the T.K.O. part. Quite silly I was really.....

link

Yeh Jamie.... The Knights.... still got that somewhere around buried in one of those "discarded" piles we all seem to have wicked.gif ....

Social source share

I think it would be a brave man to play them out nowadays  wicked.gif

link

================

Bobby Paris is still played reasonably regularly (thankfully).......particularly round my local area. Bedfordshire, Northants Cambs etc.

As for Kiki Dee I have heard it recently somewhere, maybe a local do in Peterborough.

Winnie:-)

Social source share

Bobby Paris - stunning tune.

Still played at oldies nights.

My suggestion is Back Street - Edwin Starr.

Heard Dave Rimmer play it at Peterborough, had forgotten what great sounds were on Ric Tic.

link

==============

Back street was played at either Hinkley, Lifeline or Willington.......can't remember which they all seemed to merge into one.....soz.

Winnie;-)

Social source share

Yeh Jamie.... The Knights.... still got that somewhere around buried in one of those "discarded" piles we all seem to have :ohmy: ....

link

Now then Marko,

I'll have it off you if you don't want it!

Totally forgot about that one, I don't mind a bit of cheese every now and then. We try and be a bit clever sometimes and forget how good some music is.

But The Knights isn't everyone's cup of tea I agree.

Bloody got me singing it though :wicked:aggressive.gif:ohmy:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!