No Alfreton Reunion In 2007

last year at alfreton ,i spoke with management regards the 2007 reunion night and at the time i was told i would not be able to use the room we was in,instead i would have to use the main hall due to refurbishments taking place.Anyway i thought thats not a big problem,we used the main hall on many occasions in the past,But on having a ride down to the Leisure Centre the other week to my amazement i found that the main hall isnt what it used to be,the ramps gone the balcony gone,the bar at the tops gone, infact all thats left is the main hall itself and the new balcony isnt going to be ready until early next year.In light of this i have made a decision not to do a reunion night at alfreton untill 2008 at that time i will be able to use the bowls hall as normal.Rumours are already circulating about Alfreton Leisre Centre being demolished this is NOT true,work to modernise the place is being done thats all.

many thanks ian marriott

Social source share

• Replies 2
  • Views 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest sausalito

Hi Ian,

The gang and I are gutted at this news! - Last Years Reunion was one of best nights of the year (despite the temperature of 100+), The atmosphere was electric and a year seemed far too long to wait for the next but two.......oh no! :thumbsup:

I guess it's out of your control, and your judgement of the situation is no doubt correct....roll on 2008 That's another year gone! Bring on the Zimmer!

Good Luck With it for 2008

Cheers

thumbsup.gif

Social source share

hiya

thanks for your kind words.yes 2006 reunion was a fantastic night,i feel that if i did a night in the main hall as it is now, people would be dissapointed in the place,and this itself would do more damage than good.but hey "look out 2008 here we come" once every things settled down at the leisure hopefully i might be able to do more than one a year

ian

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!