Scarborough Scooter Run 2007

Scarborough Scooter Run 2007

Scooters n Soul? Do they go together? Of course they do, like fish n chips. Yup not every one on this list will have had the slightest urge to even sit on a scooter but some, dare I say most? Will roll their eyes and remember Lambrettas n patchwork jeans, centurion helmets n RAF coats............

Sat here, well slumped here on my settee trying to look interested in Eastenders, is it me or are all the TV programs just for her? I'm bored shatless, my leg is giving me a bit of jip from an old ligament injury during my rugby days, and boy do I feel old. I am old, well forty five, suppose that is old? Helen Mirren is now 61 and I'd still give her one, mind you she wouldn't look twice at me now she has won the Oscar, bitch, wonder if my restraining order still counts?

What I need is a pick me up, what I need is something to look forward to, what I realy need is a bleedin time machine! Well I kinda have a time machine, one that is whirling around in my head counting down the days. A time machine that is going to take me right back, before bleedin Eastenders, before my aching knee and before I had a care in the world.

My time machine is Scarborough on the 6- 7 April. Last night I turned it on, I text the other time machine pilots of the AFSC (my scooter club) to plan accommodation, the answer was that we don't need it and we don't care............. we are going hard corps dossing out on the castle walls as we did so many care free years ago. This time we will have a bit more money in our pockets n Gortex, this time is still going to be our time. I can't fricken wait!

Scarborough, wow, this is where it all started for most of us, Quadrophenia was the buzz word, two stroke smoke, parkas n jam shoes, combats n docs, water pistols n flat tops. Judy Street's what, Madness, Ghost Town, The Piranhas, being moved on by the police, dodgy tax disc, no tax disc, no brakes, jumpers for goal posts, ooooh, I can wait!

If any one wants to crash with us, we are camping where we can get away with it, at the moment there is no official camp site and no more accommodation available so if ya wanna do it like we used to do it then give us a shout on the guestbook, e-mail, phone or text me. If you are coming from the south and want to break your journey at my gaff you are welcome.

I remember as a very young man being in Rudi's in Scarborough talking to a fat lad from Barnsley, I sadly attended his funeral a few years ago, The Mighty Bub. RIP.

Long live Scooters, soul, Yorkshire n fish n Chips!

Brilliannnnnnnttttttttttttt yours Simon Cuerden

Social source share

• Replies 0
  • Views 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!