Lou Rawls ...see You When I Git There...in Demand

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 11
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Probably indemand , because of the amount of times its played on Smooth Fm :lol:

Always disliked Lou Rawls voice - 9 parts British Legion Social Club and 1 part Matt Monro :lol:

MRez

Social source share

Always disliked Lou Rawls voice - 9 parts British Legion Social Club and 1 part Matt Monro :lol:

MRez

Mark!

I was trying to suss out one of them smiley face jobbies to sum up yr thought on Lou Rawls. This was the only one I could get to fit...... :lol: !

Then again, (and quite rightly), each to his/her own! Me, I think he's got the voice of an angel! When he comes in on my fave Lou track with....."You'll never fiiiiind, as long as yoooou live"..... WOW. I'm shivering all over at the very thought of it.

Steve

Social source share

Mark,Your Deaf Mate,i would advise a trip to the local clinic and have your ear's syringed. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Deaf? Me? No mate -my hearing is 20/20 - come on u lot!! His voice is like treacle...no..make that syrup...correction...molasses - just not my cuppa at all - and - 'You'll Never Find...' is deffo Lounge music - just listen to the backing - that ain't soul - that's elevator muzak!! Gamble & Huff KNEW his voice was gloopy and wrote material to suit it...

MRez

Social source share

Guest Adam G

Deaf? Me? No mate -my hearing is 20/20 - come on u lot!! His voice is like treacle...no..make that syrup...correction...molasses - just not my cuppa at all - and - 'You'll Never Find...' is deffo Lounge music - just listen to the backing - that ain't soul - that's elevator muzak!! Gamble & Huff KNEW his voice was gloopy and wrote material to suit it...

MRez

I disagree Mark look at lou,s pedegree

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lou_Rawls

Social source share

I disagree Mark look at lou,s pedegree

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lou_Rawls

Mate - I ain't knockin some of the tracks - it's just Lou's voice don't work for me mostly - like Pete said, Capitol had him down as a crooner and mosta his 60s output was MOR / Lounge - I think any Capitol stuff that was Soul was purely incidental...

As I say - some nice tunes but - boy - that voice is too much for my ears...

As you were...MRez

Social source share

MRez

I think you may find that its your eye sight thats 20/20 :thumbsup:

Social source share

You're all mad - what about "dead end street".... Pure R&B Chicago No??? BTW he's in the movie "Leaving LAs Vegas" He's the cabbie that consoles the brokenhearted Elisabeth Shue and you can tell that voice a mile off. I won't mention "stop me from starting this feeling"....

..... I'll get me coat.... B

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!