Latest Manship Auction

• Replies 19
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Awake 502

Did anyone see what the auction end prices where this week, Four Tracks etc.??

Cheers

link

Steinways - You've Been Leading Me On c/w My Heart's Not In It Anymore - Oliver demo £509

Paul Thompson - Special Kind Of Woman - Volt £977

Four Tracks - Like my love for you

I seem to think was around £1370 !

Social source share

Steinways - You've Been Leading Me On c/w My Heart's Not In It Anymore - Oliver demo    £509

Paul Thompson - Special Kind Of Woman - Volt    £977

link

I've got the Paul Thompson Volt demo......the one with the flip to SKOW,you know same both sides......absolute rubbish.....(it's always that way isn't it....... thumbsup.gif

Social source share

I really don't get this. Why would anyone pay £500 for the Steinways?  I sold one about 6 weeks ago for £100 or £125, it cannot possibly be worth more than £150.

Why don't I get customers like that! thumbsup.gif

link

Don't know if you saw earlier this year that Greg Perry on Alfa went for around £170......would be interested to know why someone bidded on this when there were copies on Gemm for a whole lot less at the exact same time.

(suppose they may not all be on the WWW !)

Social source share

Steinways - You've Been Leading Me On c/w My Heart's Not In It Anymore - Oliver demo    £509

Paul Thompson - Special Kind Of Woman - Volt    £977

link

The Four Tracks was in very poor condition. Why pay near top price for a poor copy. JM has had a copy for a while but I think this one may be th copy sold on Ebay recently for around £800.

Social source share

JM sold this on auction some months ago (6?) fro around £300.

link

was it because the recent one was a white demo or summat - saw one at the last 100 club I went to for 250.

out of interest, how much did the johnny hampton and sonny craver go for???

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

There are many deep soul fans out there who'd disagree with that comment Brett. ranting_1.gif

I found 3 copies of Paul Thompson 18 months ago in the US, issues with "Special kinda woman" on one side. Later in the trip I visited the Stax museum and spoke to the curator about records they needed for the museum, they were only 8 short and Paul Thompson was one of them, after refusing to donate a copy to the museum (!!) I told her that i`d look out for a copy of the demo. I found a copy in PA and emailed her a few times but received no reply, must of found one already!

Chris

Social source share

I found 3 copies of Paul Thompson 18 months ago in the US, issues with "Special kinda woman" on one side. Later in the trip I visited the Stax museum and spoke to the curator about records they needed for the museum, they were only 8 short and Paul Thompson was one of them, after refusing to donate a copy to the museum (!!) I told her that i`d look out for a copy of the demo. I found a copy in PA and emailed her a few times but received no reply, must of found one already!

Chris

link

Have you got any left? If so why not donate one to me? ranting_1.gif I'm a much more worthwhile cause than a museum, at least mine woulg get played :wub:

Social source share

Guys, Hey, You can all have one!! Three copies is nothing, I had one myself, one for me to sell and one for my mate to sell and they are gone!! Thats why i think if 20 copies of a record turn up then thats nothing, just a blip on the rarity of a record.

I just gotta tell you the full story;

We were in the US for 3 months, me and my mate from school, Stuart. He has only a basic knowledge of soul. As we were driving along he said "there is a shop in this city about an hour away" "Is it worth a look?" says I....... Stu phoned the shop and says "Yeah its worth stopping for"

We get into the store and the place is packed with kids listening to a grungy band at one end of the room, I just killed him with a look! We went downstairs to look at only 3 boxes of 45s, I pull out a Paul Thompson and while explaining exactly what it is Stu is holding a Will collins on Bareback in his hands!

To cut a long story short we spent 2 days in that store milking the stock, going thru the back room. Since then the owner has put me onto some great contacts in the area and I`ve been back time and time again.

Happy days!

Chris

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!