Clarence Townsend-i Found A Love

NEV

Hi All

been sifting thru the old soundfiles and came across this .

have searched endlessly for this and never ever found much info

popsike only shows one in 2005

even the label looks dog rare.

superb soul .

is anyone playing it anywhere?

clarence townsend-i found a love,clara

Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest uroffal

been after this for ages,never seen one for sale.

superb tune,value anyone........

craig

£700 in Tim Brown's guide; £400 in John Manship's latest guide - would imagine it'd make a fair bit more than £400 in an auction though! Great record as you say.

Social source share

£700 in Tim Brown's guide; £400 in John Manship's latest guide - would imagine it'd make a fair bit more than £400 in an auction though! Great record as you say.

a figure of 8 or 900 comes to mind for the last one I saw for sale :D might be totally wrong mind whistling.gif

Social source share

Guest uroffal

a figure of 8 or 900 comes to mind for the last one I saw for sale :D might be totally wrong mind whistling.gif

Wouldn't be at all surprised TBH - quality record, genuinely rare = name your price these days. Even at 8 or 900 is still reasonable when you think of the prices obtained for some, actually very common, records.

Social source share

Hi All

been sifting thru the old soundfiles and came across this .

have searched endlessly for this and never ever found much info

popsike only shows one in 2005

even the label looks dog rare.

superb soul .

is anyone playing it anywhere?

clarence townsend-i found a love,clara

I had one of the first copies to turn up, bought from Perry (In fact I think this is my copy on the sound file). Ion had it covered up, I think as Charles Brandy...........could be totally off with that tho'. Brilliant record that after the first few, has never turned up. I remember Ian Levine reviewing this as one of his new discoveries about 3-4 years after we were playing this out & had to smile to myself. I recently tried to contact some of the people to do with the disc, in several different way's, but didnt have one single reply from anyone. Hard one I think.

Hope this helps.

Russ

Edited by Russ Vickers
Social source share

I had one of the first copies to turn up, bought from Perry (In fact I think this is my copy on the sound file). Ion had it covered up, I think as Charles Brandy...........could be totally off with that tho'. Brilliant record that after the first few, has never turned up. I remember Ian Levine reviewing this as one of his new discoveries about 3-4 years after we were playing this out & had to smile to myself. I recently tried to contact some of the people to do with the disc, in several different way's, but didnt have one single reply from anyone. Hard one I think.

Hope this helps.

Russ

Thanks to all participants

not sure if it helps, knowing firstly its dog rare, then, its way outta my pocket money :shades:

agree that its probably worth it, with some lesser quality and more common records, fetching far more these days

thumbsup.gif nev

P.s will have to wait for shep to dig into his piggy bank and get one whistling.gif:D:huh:

Social source share

Hope this helps.

Russ

yes remember this well [when ion had it covered,think it was charles brandy]i think the scene misses ion,nice person and tremendous taste in music.I hope hes well.

baz a.

Social source share

yes remember this well [when ion had it covered,think it was charles brandy]i think the scene misses ion,nice person and tremendous taste in music.I hope hes well.

baz a.

Yeah, I miss him too Baz, real characters with a passion for the music. Lives in Brighton now I beleive ???.

Russ

Social source share

Hope this helps.

Russ

fairly sure was Ian Cuncliffe and mucker (name gone ) who first got copies a bit earlier, think story may be up here somewhere, if not Ian.. ?

Karl rhodes been featuring it a bit recently as well, sure Alex Jones, John Weston as well over past few years

used to call it when couldnt drag name out from brain- the smile on your face 45 you know the one with the snake charmer intro

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert