Royal Esquires - Aint Gonna Run

Guest keefster

Guest keefster

I have just bought a copy of this record, from a guy on a well know web site and noticed that he has sold la few of them. According to manships guide this is worth a few bob, mine says 1500GBP, but it could be less now, as my book is 5 years old. He seems to have loads of them and getting a bit worried that he is selling counterfeit copies or boots.... f**king hope not!! :thumbsup:

Anyone out there know any different, and if not, check him out, he seems to have loads of them... :thumbsup:

Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I have just bought a copy of this record, from a guy on a well know web site and noticed that he has sold la few of them. According to manships guide this is worth a few bob, mine says 1500GBP, but it could be less now, as my book is 5 years old. He seems to have loads of them and getting a bit worried that he is selling counterfeit copies or boots.... f**king hope not!! :thumbsup:

Anyone out there know any different, and if not, check him out, he seems to have loads of them... :thumbsup:

you need a new book!

goes for about £100 now - still a lovely tune though :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest keefster

Cheers me dears..biggrin.gif

Yeh can never be arsed to getting around to paying what is the equivalent to 100GBp, as once we convert to dollars australian its nearly $100.. and thats a lot of money for a book, just use his website now..

But even then.. I got it for half price, so still not to shabby... thanksyes.gif

Keith

Social source share

Guest Ste Brazil

Apparently a load of copies were found in the U.S. last year, this reduced the price, it generally goes for £50-£75 at the moment.

Ste.

Social source share

The story is, in the early 2000s, the owner of the Prix label died, and all Prix records (of which there were multiple copies of specific titles), were sold by his wife in a yard sale. They were picked up by an American collector, and offloaded to different dealers over time.

Social source share

The story is, in the early 2000s, the owner of the Prix label died, and all Prix records (of which there were multiple copies of specific titles), were sold by his wife in a yard sale. They were picked up by an American collector, and offloaded to different dealers over time.

It's still a great record. Get it now, cuz when their gone, their gone

Social source share

Guest Ste Brazil

It's still a great record. Get it now, cuz when their gone, their gone

totally agree Dave, and a fabulous flip side too :rolleyes:

Yeah, spot on there, the type of track i put on after a night out, nice laid back groove, double 'A' side in my opinion.

Ste.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert