Supercorsa

• Replies 59
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

The musical arrangement on the Doni Burdick version is my favorite. I like big sounding stuff, so that's probably why. No doubt that Edwin Starr is a better singer overall though. I'd love to hear Doni's version in a large hall...

For me, the ideal situation would have been JJ Barnes singing the vocal over the Doni Burdick arrangement with Doni's enthusiasm and pushed way up in the mix.

No disrespect to Edwin Starr at all, but for me, the Doni Burdick is more "northern soul" sounding. I also love his version of "Open the Door to Your Heart". But it's a question of two things fitting together, too. Doni Burdick singing "Open the Door To Your Heart" over the backing track for the Darrell Banks version would sound weak as hell, I think.

KTF

Jas

Social source share

The musical arrangement on the Doni Burdick version is my favorite. I like big sounding stuff, so that's probably why. No doubt that Edwin Starr is a better singer overall though. I'd love to hear Doni's version in a large hall...

For me, the ideal situation would have been JJ Barnes singing the vocal over the Doni Burdick arrangement with Doni's enthusiasm and pushed way up in the mix.

No disrespect to Edwin Starr at all, but for me, the Doni Burdick is more "northern soul" sounding.

KTF

Jas

link

Nicely put :yes:

Godz

Social source share

It's on the other side of Bari Track on Sound Impression - also came out again on Sound Patterns with Open The Door To Your Heart on the flip.  I sold my Bari Track in 1994 for £75, I heard manship auctioned one for £800 but I'd have said £400.  By the way, I think Burdicks version is ten times better than Edwins, nobody else does...

link

totally agree pete, its been booted has nt it, are the boots quite real looking?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!