Help Please - Tony Drake On Musicor

Godzilla

Not a Northern Soul query, but I know there are plenty of people on here with wide tastes and knowledge.

I play at a night with a pal of mine who is an old skool hip hop DJ. He spins that and I play funky soul, and the mix goes down very well. I started playing the Tony Drake version of Love Child it's getting pretty popular. My pal Kista asked if I could get him a copy and I didn't think it would be too difficult as I didn't think it was anything special really.

My searches, however have been fruitless. Is this 45 rarer than I thought, or is it just considered to be too bobbins to be worth listing?

All help appreciated.

Cheers,

Godz thumbsup.gif

Social source share

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Hmmm, no replies. Does this mean I'm asking a daft question unworthy of an answer? If so just tell me - I can take it!

Or does it mean that nobody knows anything about this record but you're all to ashamed to say so?

I went on Dave Rimmers site and checked Discographies and noticed the flip is unknown (It's "Can't You Hear Your Mama Calling") so maybe it is a bit obscure?

For God's sake don't make me go on the Funk45 forum. Those fellers are even more up their own bums than we are on here!

I know, pretend I'm a famous scene person and give us an opinion :shades:

Cheers,

Godz

oh by the way, I don't suppose it's worth asking about the Larry Carlton 45 on here either is it? thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Guest Andy BB

Why don't you email Tony Drake and ask him if he's got any spares?

Nowt on the website though.

tonydrake@songsbytonydrake.com

www.songsbytonydrake.com

No help at all I'm sure - but good luck!

Social source share

Why don't you email Tony Drake and ask him if he's got any spares?

Nowt on the website though.

tonydrake@songsbytonydrake.com

www.songsbytonydrake.com

No help at all I'm sure - but good luck!

link

Cheers Andy,

I bet I'll have about as much luck as when I first found Tony Galla's website thumbsup.gif

seriously though, for people who soul music tastes are broader than just Northern it's a fantastic version and knocks spots of the Supremes. Tony really makes the song his own, with a sort of Southern feel to it.

Godz

Edited by Godzilla
Social source share

Hello Godz

Cant help with the Tony Drake 45 but just found this effort by Jimmy Castor out.

If you want it PM me with your details and its yours free of charge.

Its absolute shite :thumbsup:

Cheers

Craig.

link

Craig, your a gentleman. And I'll chance my arm with anything with my name on it wink.gif

Just PM'd you.

Cheers,

Godz

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!