Frank Wilson Find

Guest BIGBOY

Just had an email from a dealer who assures me a whole box (50 count)

of Frank Wilson has just turned up on the east coast. Evidently it was about to be trashed with a whole load of stuff that had been lurking at the back of a warehouse. Didn't believe at first but a photo attachment showed said dealer with six copies in his hand. Al white demos as is the normal, apparently apart from being very dirty one copy was cleaned and found to be in almost mint condition although label was dirt marked. Have already secured a copy for my collection cost me $300 but the guy owed me a favour!

Last heard KB was trying through Lou Stanley to purchase the whole box to secure his rariety! Was he not trying to sell some of his own stuff the other day?

Anyway back to wine women and vinyl, happy new year!!!!

Social source share

• Replies 122
  • Views 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest biggray1

Sick of hearing about this record!It has had its day and is overplayed :no: who cares if a box of this record has been found!not me thats for sure :thumbsup: Crap record and hope all the records that have been found jump a100 times laugh.gifthmbdn.gif :ok:hahahahahahahahahahhaahahahahahaha

Edited by biggray1
Social source share

of Frank Wilson has just turned up on the east coast. Evidently it was about to be trashed with a whole load of stuff that had been lurking at the back of a warehouse. Didn't believe at first but a photo attachment showed said dealer with six copies in his hand. Al  white demos as is the normal, apparently apart from being very dirty one copy was cleaned and found to be in almost mint condition although label was dirt marked. Have already secured a copy for my collection cost me $300 but the guy owed me a favour!

Last heard KB was trying through Lou Stanley to purchase the whole box to secure his rariety! Was he not trying to sell some of his own stuff the other day?

link

:thumbsup:wink.giflaugh.gif:no:wink.gif :lol

Social source share

of Frank Wilson has just turned up on the east coast. Evidently it was about to be trashed with a whole load of stuff that had been lurking at the back of a warehouse. Didn't believe at first but a photo attachment showed said dealer with six copies in his hand. Al  white demos as is the normal, apparently apart from being very dirty one copy was cleaned and found to be in almost mint condition although label was dirt marked. Have already secured a copy for my collection cost me $300 but the guy owed me a favour!

link

If what you say is true ,then what is the new rarest of the rare?

frank beverly on rouser , damon fox ?please enlighten us

Social source share

link

could you send me a copy of the photo to harry22@fsmail.net

regards Harry(soulster 22)

Social source share

If what you say is true ,then what is the new  rarest of the rare?

frank beverly on rouser , damon fox ?please enlighten us

link

Frank Beverly already was rarest of the rare. Theres only two of them. Theres three Frank Wilson's... or according to this topic .... 53 Frank Wilson's

Social source share

wasnt there a big article in record collector about someone claiming to have found some before but it turned out they were just good boots

i'll believe it when i see it buy the british version then spend the rest of the cash on something not overplayed

please send the picture to davidwapples@yahoo.co.uk

Social source share

link

This is Jan 1st and not April the 1st LOL have a good one tiger,Billy

Social source share

link

April the 1st already  :thumbsup:   Will believe it when I see it or they are authenticated by someone trustworthy....is there anyone wink.gif

Social source share

Frank Beverly already was rarest of the rare. Theres only two of them. Theres three Frank Wilson's... or according to this topic .... 53 Frank Wilson's

link

I think there's more than two Frank Beverley, sure at least two have turned up for auction in the past year or so.

COD's "Shes Fire" with one known copy must be one of the rarest and I'm sure there are a few other "one known Copy" discs in certain collections.

Kell Osbourne (Highland) only two known copies isn't there?

Mello Souls three known.........

Social source share

I'd consider it cheap at $300 as 53 copies of a record is still rare.....

But it is soooo played out, it's only saving grace was the limited number of U.S. originals.

Surely this means it is now only for the die-hard Motown collector?

WOOF!

link

I find this post hard to understand. If a record is good, it's good. Can Soul records really get played out? Pop records can because they have no substance.... but Soul records have something extra that gives them longevity, as do other non- pop genres.

Social source share

I think there's more than two Frank Beverley, sure at least two have turned up for auction in the past year or so.

COD's "Shes Fire" with one known copy must be one of the rarest and I'm sure there are a few other "one known Copy" discs in certain collections.

Kell Osbourne (Highland) only two known copies isn't there?

Mello Souls three known.........

link

Inspirations "My wish..." - only one as far as I know, or have a few more turned up?

Social source share

I find this post hard to understand. If a record is good, it's good. Can Soul records really get played out? Pop records can because they have no substance.... but Soul records have something extra that gives them longevity,  as do other non- pop genres.

link

Played it on cd this morning and thought how good it was as hadn't heared it for ages. So i guess all you guys who reckon it's played out must be going to the wrong places or have a secret FW fix which means you play it at home at least 10 times a day. who'ws gonna own up to that then :thumbsup:

Gaye

Social source share

Pretty sure theres only two Chalky mate.

Social source share

You mean No One Else Can Take Your Place I think mate...Your Wish Is My Command is pretty common

link

I've held 2 different copies of "No one else". So there must be more than one.

Social source share

Just sent you one now, quality's not too good..recorded it off the telly.....much prefer Chris Clark

link

oh my gawd. i feel so stupid how could i not have known it was that, i have heard it before, can't think where like but anyway, Chris Clarke? no sorry lost me now, anyway who r u? can u not show your true identity, i've heard ur really some women with chestricles

Social source share

Do we care? indeed we don't.

Mark Bicknell.

link

We might not care but it does make you think that we might be being a bit naive in believing that there are only a handful of copies of 'rare' records.Listened to the clip of Keith Money talking about the Soul Incorperated 45 saying that some guy was given a box of 50 as payment for rent.I'm sure there must be other cases of this happening.

Who knows what will turn up next?

Stamford :thumbsup:

Social source share

A RARE RECORD NOT SURE OF THE TITLE , BUT ROB MARRIOT SOLD IT TO RICHARD SEARLING,

SANDY GOLDING, THINK THATS THE SPELLING, NO ONE ELSE HAS A COPY ME THINKS,

Social source share

I find this post hard to understand. If a record is good, it's good. Can Soul records really get played out? Pop records can because they have no substance.... but Soul records have something extra that gives them longevity,  as do other non- pop genres.

link

I completely agree Billy ...... if its a good record its good whatever. Obviously been played a lot over the years but doesn't make it a crap record .......... of course I'm sure if motown hadn't put out the UK version a lot more people would still like it. Rare=Good????

Social source share

I completely agree Billy ...... if its a good record its good whatever. Obviously been played a lot over the years but doesn't make it a crap record .......... of course I'm sure if motown hadn't put out the UK version a lot more people would still like it. Rare=Good????

link

It's like Chinese water torture..... the first few drops can be quite refreshing..... when you've been hit with it loads of times it gets bloody annoying......

It's an average record, not a bad one, but it's so overplayed that it now grates to hear it.

The original UK copy didn't mean it got played that much, but since it's subsequent re-issue on Stardust and as part of the recent spate of Tamla Motown singles, it appears that every "DJ" has one and seems to insist on playing it...

Fortunately, it's not a Nighter spin these days (not the ones I attend anyway), so at least I only get to hear it out about twice a month at local Soul Nights.

WOOF!

Social source share

A RARE RECORD NOT SURE OF THE TITLE , BUT ROB MARRIOT SOLD IT TO RICHARD SEARLING,

SANDY GOLDING, THINK THATS THE SPELLING, NO ONE ELSE HAS A COPY ME THINKS,

link

Sandy Golden - You Are My Everything - Masterpiece. You are right a one off. The deal between Rob and Richard was about £2000 and involved two or three records if I remember rightly.

Social source share

Your spelling is as accurate as your gossip.

Kenny is selling some of his records: true.

The rest of your statement mmmm.....

Where's Dave Flynn, he nailed the Chicago find.?

Social source share

Margaret Little x2, Junior McCants 2 at the most, Milton James (Dore) x2.

link

I think there are more Milton James than that - Nancy had it, Manship had it, Tim Brown has got it I think, someone put it on tape for me many years ago off the record so they had it...

Social source share

Top Tip:

For those fed up with - Do I Love You?

Might I suggest:

I Do Love You - Albert Jones

Do You Still Love Me - Cookie Jackson

You Don't Love Me - Epitome Of Sound

If I Don't Love You - Bobby Reed

Confused? - I know I am :thumbsup:

link

There's so much much love around

Social source share

You could be right Tommy but I'm pretty sure one came up on e-bay last year and JM had one for auction, same copy?  Over on the Rare Soul Forum, I think it was Andy Killick who saw 4 copies of this many years ago.  You reading Andy?????

link

No sorry Chalky. You must be getting mixed up with the "Ted Wilson - Sierra" record that John Manship auctioned a few months back. No way did he auction a Frank Beverly on Rouser.

Come to think of it, i haven't seen a Ted Wilson on Ebay either. I'm sure the one John Manship had came out of a private collection. As you know you can spin the amount of copies of Ted Wilson around on the tip of your little finger.

It's almost as rare as Frank Beverly on Rouser.

Social source share

No sorry Chalky. You must be getting mixed up with the "Ted Wilson - Sierra" record that John Manship auctioned a few months back. No way did he auction a Frank Beverly on Rouser.

Come to think of it, i haven't seen a Ted Wilson on Ebay either. I'm sure the one John Manship had came out of a private collection. As you know you can spin the amount of copies of Ted Wilson around on the tip of your little finger.

It's almost as rare as Frank Beverly on Rouser.

link

I was well shocked when i walked into the Kettering all dayer the other week, just as Jodie was playing the Ted Wilson. Whats this scene coming to, when the Women have got rarer records than the men!! :sleep3: Good d.j. spot, by the way Jodie, looking forward to seeing you d.j. at the Dome on the 28th. Pottsy.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!