Henderson & Jones - Im Gonna Getcha

Guest OskarB

Guest OskarB

Been listening a lot to this one lately. What's the story?Getting any attention today? What about it pricewise and how rare is it?

Old Keb Darge spin, or so i've been told.

Fuckin' amazing tune.

Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Been listening a lot to this one lately. What's the story?Getting any attention today? What about it pricewise and how rare is it?

Old Keb Darge spin, or so i've been told.

Fuckin' amazing tune.

Keb Darge did play this a couple of years ago , I think .. However it was a Dave Raistrick import , and was sold at Rock City allniters 1985ish ..

Edited by Simon M
Social source share

I quite like the record but I think the engineer went a bit overboard with the efx.

Check out that over the top echo/delay on the chorus.

couldnt agree more especially the tripped out bit towards the latter part of the instrumental break!!!! out of time...freaky deaky....

dont suppose anyone else has noticed it...coz its quite hard to find....less than 25 i would say....unlike the cloudburst track of 150 copies...

Social source share

I think its also a case that these records have more exposure now due to the internet etc + these records have since been played by higher profile dj's 20 years later.

I'm surprised at the prices some records command nowadays, then again not many people knew them when they were 'cheapies'.

Social source share

I think its also a case that these records have more exposure now due to the internet etc + these records have since been played by higher profile dj's 20 years later.

I'm surprised at the prices some records command nowadays, then again not many people knew them when they were 'cheapies'.

Yes true Mark regarding internet streams and high profile oldies jocks etc . However I think people did not want these records,when they were first imported, because they were just cheap ! ph34r.gif

Edited by Simon M
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!