"myspace" Continues To Get More And More Interesting

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

rolleyes.gifthmbdn.gif You have to remember Simon that many of us were NOT fooled by these things and cottoned onto them as FAKES soon as we heard them or saw the records (tell Ian programmed strings maketh not a 60s record :shades: and the Damon pressing plant in Middlesex is a dead giveaway as well). So all this b*ll*cks about us being taken in is once again wholly inacurate - the records were controversial from the start.

I DO recall Ian getting very upset when I and others said so, and denying it forcefully, but this isn't mentioned in the "re-write". SO this just looks like a poor and incorrect account of what actually happened. The reality was that Ian was adamant that these were legit 45s from the 60s, and at the time it had absolutely nothing to do with trying to show us "know noughts" that a good northern soul record could be made 30 years later.

:wicked:

I wish some people could move on from regurgitating the 4 Vandals before we all fall asleep of boredom. :P

Steve

Social source share

I wish some people could move on from regurgitating the 4 Vandals before we all fall asleep of boredom. :wicked:

Steve

Indeed Steve.... whistling.gif

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

"But conversely, the record went on to become THE biggest record on the whole Northern Soul Scene for the last twenty years"

laugh.gif

Priceless.

Social source share

"But conversely, the record went on to become THE biggest record on the whole Northern Soul Scene for the last twenty years"

:shades:

Priceless.

Its a pile of shite anyway,no matter what year it was made :wicked: ..It aint got no soul in it...IMO of course...I will stick with the Four Tops thumbsup.gif

I do like the story though,it made me laugh out loud..

Social source share

Spent some time with Sidney barnes a couple of years ago.

He told me that when he recorded 'Standing on solid ground' Mr Levine suggested that they put it out 'as a 60s recording' !!!!! Sidney told him to 'bugger off' - NOT literally I hope!

Julian

Social source share

If you're looking for a 'smart' free webspace there is a lot that you can do with MySpace. Bebo is another one but they've been taken over by kiddies really :rolleyes:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert