Sheridans - Last Night

Guest ShaneH

Guest ShaneH

Had a great night last night at Sheridans. Everything about the whole night was excellent. Great music (best i have heard all Xmas whilst on my travels without a doubt) and a great New Years Eve atmosphere. Nice to meet some more soul sourcers - Winnie, Rachel amongst others.

Thanks to Chalky for getting me there!

Happy New Year to you all!

Shane

• Replies 31
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest ShaneH

The only down point to last night was the most horrendous instrumental I have ever heard. I think Rob Thomas played it about 6am (fantastic set from Rob apart from this one). I have never heard it before but it went on for about 10 minutes and kept stopping and starting. I thought it was a piss-take to be honest. Can anyone confirm what it was?

It sounded like the theme tune to a 70's quiz show! Awful! imo!

Shane

Now then, really enjoyed myself last night. Although the night didn't start off too well with trevski asking my bird if we'd made up. She wanted to know how he knew we'd fallen out so i had to tell her that id posted it on the internet!

Trevski was then hidden behind the friut machine, out of sight, with a naughty grin on his face. biggrin.gif

It was good to meet so many soul sourcers, pikeys dog, rachel, winnie, chalky..... and bloody trevski :thumbsup:ohmy.gif :angry: :no:

Didn't know too many of the tunes played, but its always good to hear new stuff. Well done to the organisers for providing a quality night and a brilliant new years.

Guest Trevski

Now then, really enjoyed myself last night. Although the night didn't start off too well with trevski asking my bird if we'd made up. She wanted to know how he knew we'd fallen out so i had to tell her that id posted it on the internet!

Trevski was then hidden behind the friut machine, out of sight, with a naughty grin on his face. :(

It was good to meet so many soul sourcers, pikeys dog, rachel, winnie, chalky..... and bloody trevski  :thumbsup:   :no:   :angry:  laugh.gif

link

Humblest of humble appologies! I really DON'T know how that managed to slip out!

(well I do, actually, but it requires a doctor of pharmacology to explain it properly) :D:Dblush.gifohmy.gif

by the way, what time did it go on till last night?

link

Dunno, I wernt back on the decks at 8am, followed by PAul Sadot again and then Mick H and Tim B double decked. They are probably still there :thumbsup:ohmy.gif

Great night, great crowd and some great music. Perfect way to see in the new year.

Had the tickets, but I had a bad case of the non dirty girl coldsores and regmoleshusband just fell asleep, so we missed all the fun by the sound of it. Derby tomorrow nite tho.. please be good :thumbsup:

Had the tickets, but I had a bad case of the non dirty girl coldsores and regmoleshusband just fell asleep, so we missed all the fun by the sound of it. Derby tomorrow nite tho.. please be good :thumbsup:

link

Fell asleep? I banged on your door for two hours and all I heard from you was "GO away Reg, stop trying to make me go out and listen to that crazy soul music..." "Call the cops!!!"

Fell asleep?  I banged on your door for two hours and all I heard from you  was "GO away Reg, stop trying to make me go out and listen to that crazy soul music..."  "Call the cops!!!"

link

u gave me the sores u old bird, now go away or i'll call the cops :thumbsup:

It was a brilliant night at Sheridans, thanks to the promotors and to Rodz and Saxy for the hard work they put in.

It was nice to meet PaulB and Pikeys Dog for the first time, also good to catch up with the usual suspects Shane, Trevski ( look into my eyes), Mark Bicknell, Chalky,James Trouble,Woolie Mark,Dave, Rach and anyone else there I have forgotten. I enjoyed the music, was a good mix of stuff played IMO :thumbsup:

Edited by KarenC

Great music and great company - top night.Couldn't last the night though by 5.30 I was totally knackered,you get a few days off work and end up staying up till all hours trawling the internet for records,Im sure my eyes are going to start bleeding.

The missus did inform me that women were taking a leak in the sink in the ladies bogs ohmy.gif:no: and they call men dirty bastards!! Any female soulsourcers wanna own up?

Stamford :thumbsup:

Great music and great company - top night.Couldn't last the night though by 5.30 I was totally knackered,you get a few days off work and end up staying up till all hours trawling the internet for records,Im sure my eyes are going to start bleeding.

The missus did inform me that  women were taking a leak in the sink in the ladies bogs blush.gif   :no: and they call men dirty bastards!! Any female soulsourcers wanna own up?

Stamford ohmy.gif

link

=================

Probably Karen, she's the only one who's tall enough to pee standing up and in the sink :Dlaugh.gif:thumbsup:

Winnie:-)

=================

Probably Karen, she's the only one who's tall enough to pee standing up and in the sink :no:   ohmy.gif   :thumbsup:

link

biggrin.gif It most certainly was not me !!! But I did see a girl have a pee in the sink LOL

Guest Chris Waterman

By the way i left about 1pm and there was a local dj just starting his set so god knows what time it finished.

link

I can't remember leaving or getting home but Marcelle tells me i had a good time and blame must be left at your door Mr McCabe that bottle of the fizzy stuff sent me over the edge!

top night

regards

Chris W

Here are my sets from NYE....

10.30 to 11.30

Willie Small - How High - Essica

Righteous Brothers - It's Up To You - Verve LP

Soul City - I Shot For The Moon - Mercury

Winfield Parker - Sweet Little Girl - Ru-JAc

Shirley Wahls - Thats How Long - King

Don Wyatt - I've Got Myself To Blame - Garpax

Furys - What IS Soul - Mack IV

Citations - (To Win The Race) Keep The Faith - Ballad

Just Rita - The Best Thing You Ever Had - Barrington

Benny Latimore - Girl I Got News For You - Dade

Admirations - Don't Leave Me - One~Derful

Royal Premiers - I Can Make It If I Try - MBS

Temptations - (Loneliness Made Me Realise) It's You That I Need - Gordy

Freddie Gorman - Take Me Back - Ric Tic

Derek Martin - Sly Girl - Tuba

Survivors - Good Baby - Valli

King George - I'm Gonna Be Somebody Someday - RCA

Attractions - Why Shouldn't A Man Cry - Bell

Jesse Boone & Astros - I Got To Love You - Soul~Po~Tion

Ollie Jackson - Just A Little While - Pepper

Ozz & His Spurlings - Somebody To Love - MIOB

Jimmy Holiday - The New Breed - Kent

Jean Wells - With My Love And What You Got - Calla

Syng McGowan - Just In The Nick Of Time - Hope

8 to 8.30ish (in the morning)

Precisions - Why Girl - Drew

Deon Jackson - Thats What You Do To Me - Carla

Syl Johnson - Try Me - Twilight

Chuck Bernard - Every Hurt Makes You Stronger - Satellite

Jimmy Hughes - I'm A Man Of Action - Fame

Jimmy Norman - This I Beg Of You - Samar

Gladys - Love - O-Gee

Exits - You Got To Have Money - Gemini

Clarence Ashe - She Said I'd Be A Failure - J&S

Grover Mitchell - Take Your Time And Love Me - Josie

Spyder Turner - You're Good Enough For Me - MGM

Creations - Oh Baby

Here are my sets from NYE....

10.30 to 11.30

Willie Small - How High - Essica

Righteous Brothers - It's Up To You - Verve LP

Soul City - I Shot For The Moon - Mercury

Winfield Parker - Sweet Little Girl - Ru-JAc

Shirley Wahls - Thats How Long - King

Don Wyatt - I've Got Myself To Blame - Garpax

Furys - What IS Soul - Mack IV

Citations - (To Win The Race) Keep The Faith - Ballad

Just Rita - The Best Thing You Ever Had - Barrington

Benny Latimore - Girl I Got News For You - Dade

Admirations - Don't Leave Me - One~Derful

Royal Premiers - I Can Make It If I Try - MBS

Temptations - (Loneliness Made Me Realise) It's You That I Need - Gordy

Freddie Gorman - Take Me Back - Ric Tic

Derek Martin - Sly Girl - Tuba

Survivors - Good Baby - Valli

King George - I'm Gonna Be Somebody Someday - RCA

Attractions - Why Shouldn't A Man Cry - Bell

Jesse Boone & Astros - I Got To Love You - Soul~Po~Tion

Ollie Jackson - Just A Little While - Pepper

Ozz & His Spurlings - Somebody To Love - MIOB

Jimmy Holiday - The New Breed - Kent

Jean Wells - With My Love And What You Got - Calla

Syng McGowan - Just In The Nick Of Time - Hope

8 to 8.30ish (in the morning)

Precisions - Why Girl - Drew

Deon Jackson - Thats What You Do To Me - Carla

Syl Johnson - Try Me - Twilight

Chuck Bernard - Every Hurt Makes You Stronger - Satellite

Jimmy Hughes - I'm A Man Of Action - Fame

Jimmy Norman - This I Beg Of You - Samar

Gladys - Love - O-Gee

Exits - You Got To Have Money - Gemini

Clarence Ashe - She Said I'd Be A Failure - J&S

Grover Mitchell - Take Your Time And Love Me - Josie

Spyder Turner - You're Good Enough For Me - MGM

Creations - Oh Baby

link

===============

It was a great night......nothing else to say really. Great music, great hosts, and a great audience.... :thumbsup:

Top night the four hours i was there, had to work New Years day but would not have missed it for the world a really rocking night, looking forward to many more great nights at Sheridans throughout 2005.

Regards - Mark Bicknell

link

Who said they want you back - :):sleep3::sleep3::ohmy:

The missus did inform me that  women were taking a leak in the sink in the ladies bogs :)   :P and they call men dirty bastards!! Any female soulsourcers wanna own up?

Stamford :sleep3:

link

Anybody got any pictures to prove this lol

:D:sleep3::ohmy:

Anybody got any pictures to prove this lol

:ohmy:   :sleep3:   :sleep3:

link

i'm sure that even tho i wasn't there, that i'll get accused of weeing in the sink cos i get the blame for everything!

:sleep3: It most certainly was not me !!! But I did see a girl have a pee in the sink LOL

link

Did she wash her hands afterwards?  :sleep3:   Pottsy.

link

No she didn't ! but she did run the tap for a few seconds to rinse the sink.