Confuse The Kids

I have held the kids attention this week for 1 min with this old tune by the Moon People..................great old tune that has been sampled by Christine Agruelria or someone!

Social source share

• Replies 25
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I believe the Speed 45 is by Dave Cortez and The Moon People.

Same tune, though.

Not exactly the same, Dave Cortez has hammond, Moon People has some "singing", I'll upload it later.

I played it for my students Mossy, got some attention as well but I don't think they understand what I was talking about :lol:laugh.gif

Social source share

Right, can't argue with that. roulette it is. I have it on an old Symphony Sid compilation , but it did state it was all from the vaults of Speed and El barrio. I stand corrected. thanks for the info.

I really like the tune, it reminds me of Tighten up. Nice to listen to some funk n latin for a change :shades:

Social source share

Guest mel brat

Right, can't argue with that. roulette it is. I have it on an old Symphony Sid compilation , but it did state it was all from the vaults of Speed and El barrio. I stand corrected. thanks for the info.

I really like the tune, it reminds me of Tighten up. Nice to listen to some funk n latin for a change :shades:

Yeah. let's have more...

Social source share

indian soul - moon people -

15966 refosoul Refosoul Rare and Northern Soul Clip library

This is off the same lp - I reckon its a great bit a funky latin, Who on earth were the "Moon People" ??

Edited by mossy
Social source share

Happy soul - dave cortez and the moon people - speed

15967 refosoul

Woops, my mistake. :shades: Here is the Dave Cortez version called "Happy soul (with a hook)" which I believe is the one Christine Agruelria used for samples.

Edited by Tommy1
Social source share

15967 refosoul

Woops, my mistake. :shades: Here is the Dave Cortez version called "Happy soul (with a hook)" which I believe is the one Christine Agruelria used for samples.

I thought the 2 were more similar....and I forgot that the name was different as well.......

Social source share

freak off - orchestra harlow - fania

15973 refosoul Refosoul Rare and Northern Soul Clip library

Love the Harvey Averne B side - I never learned how to dance is also a firm fav with me - played loud that tune blows the roof off!!

Anyway we seem to have kicked off for a few "Musica Latino" grooves! Can't be bad for a change!!

Edited by mossy
Social source share

Camel Walk - latinaires - fania

15976 refosoul Refosoul Rare and Northern Soul Clip library

about 11 musicians playing together on this funky ............mental latin instrumental :shades:

Edited by mossy
Social source share

central park - harvey averne - uptite

15978 refosoul Refosoul Rare and Northern Soul Clip library

Another cracking NY Latino groover from Harvey! Dig the Latin Bag bro! Many thanks .............see ya buddy.........I am off to bed as it is 03:18 in the UK! :shades:

oh by the way "Uptown" by Joe B :lol::thumbsup::ohmy: I love Joe Bataan - Soulman of the highest order!

Edited by mossy
Social source share

15967 refosoul

Definatley the take used for the samples :lol: Right on...........great tune!

Social source share

Already Satisfied - tony middleton - speed

15979 refosoul Refosoul Rare and Northern Soul Clip library

Northern Soul legend..........................Latin soul Brother

Edited by mossy
Social source share

lay an oz on me baby - latin blues band -

15980 refosoul Refosoul Rare and Northern Soul Clip library

Ok................this is not the Moon People? "Lay an OZ on me baby" are these guys for real? what is an OZ and who are the Moon People?

Will we ever find out? ..................... :shades:

Did they just make a couple of tunes and decide to let everyone in the village have a go on lead?

Who the hell were the "Moonpeople" someone from New York must remember?

Edited by mossy
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!