The Genius - More Chess Session Of Mitty Collier

Guest MrHeartbreak

Guest MrHeartbreak

My favorite Chess Soul Singer is Mitty Collier I like her voice so much it is very deep and rough and amazing. It is very sad that only the "Shades of a Genius" Album exists on CD with extra tracks. I have found a site in the internet where a lot of tracks by her are in the faults.

Have somebody any informations who has the rights???? I think it must be Universal Music but I´m not sure. What can I do, maybe someone has an idea??????

It is such a fantastic singer too good to be forgotton!!!!!!! There is a list with songs, the most of it I never hear it.

I know that Mitty was in Muscle Shoals and recorded songs but never these records see the light of the day.

- Say I do

- I don´t need nobody

- Sleepin´stay

- True love in the morning

- I can´t stop loving you

- Take me just as I am

- Everybody makes a mistake sometimes

- I´m missing you

- Too soon to know

- Do it with confidence

- You´re the only one

- Fair weather friend

- That´ll be good enough for me

- The kind of man he is

- You´re living a lie

- Walk away

- My party

- What about tomorrow

- Like only yesterday

- Watching and waiting

- Thank you love

- Maybe he´s the one

- Heck of a man

I think that´s enough tracks for a whole CD "Further Chess Sessions by Mitty Collier" - "The Genius". I recognize that Fontella and Laura got a tribute two Cds for each in a new series but I would like to know if Mitty Collier had the same chances?????

It would be so very nice when somebody could help me. Thank you so much for every support.

Greetings from Germany

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest MrHeartbreak

Sadly there is not enough material for a whole CD I think. You must check out William Bell presents Atlanta Soul : The Peachtree Record Story. It is a compilation and including four songs by Mitty Collier. Sadly on this compilation contains only the slower or midtempo songs because the booklet writes that Mitty´s voice has the greatest amazing range on the slower records.

Social source share

• 1 year later...
Guest TONY ROUNCE

My favorite Chess Soul Singer is Mitty Collier I like her voice so much it is very deep and rough and amazing. It is very sad that only the "Shades of a Genius" Album exists on CD with extra tracks. I have found a site in the internet where a lot of tracks by her are in the faults.

Have somebody any informations who has the rights???? I think it must be Universal Music but I´m not sure. What can I do, maybe someone has an idea??????

It is such a fantastic singer too good to be forgotton!!!!!!! There is a list with songs, the most of it I never hear it.

I know that Mitty was in Muscle Shoals and recorded songs but never these records see the light of the day.

- Say I do

- I don´t need nobody

- Sleepin´stay

- True love in the morning

- I can´t stop loving you

- Take me just as I am

- Everybody makes a mistake sometimes

- I´m missing you

- Too soon to know

- Do it with confidence

- You´re the only one

- Fair weather friend

- That´ll be good enough for me

- The kind of man he is

- You´re living a lie

- Walk away

- My party

- What about tomorrow

- Like only yesterday

- Watching and waiting

- Thank you love

- Maybe he´s the one

- Heck of a man

I think that´s enough tracks for a whole CD "Further Chess Sessions by Mitty Collier" - "The Genius". I recognize that Fontella and Laura got a tribute two Cds for each in a new series but I would like to know if Mitty Collier had the same chances?????

It would be so very nice when somebody could help me. Thank you so much for every support.

Greetings from Germany

You will be pleased to know that we have a CD coming out on Kent next month, called "Shades Of Mitty Coliier". It contains all of Mitty's Chess A sides, and as many B sides as we could fit into a 79 1/2 minute running time - with priority being given to tracks that have not been out on CD before. No unissued material, but lots of tracks that have been unavailable for 40 years or more!

It's out at the end of June...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!