Boogaloo New Year's Day Night

Guest Trifle

Guest Trifle

Went to Boogaloo Soul Night last night..... erm ... King William 4th Pub in Greenwich ... First time I've been to their new venue.

Have to say it was a cracking night. And anyone who knows me, knows that I am always complaining about one thing or another :graywanker: (bad sound system, inappropriate lighting ... affecting the ambience, too much mid-tempo, too much modern, not enough bar staff, floor too sticky... etc etc :sleep3: ) as ya do (or is it just me?? :ohmy: )

I didn't like the previous venue near the Cutty Sark, due to the 4 by 4 dance floor. And admittedly, the dance floor at the King William is not perfect, but it's bigger and does the job for now.

The atmosphere was brilliant. The crowd was friendly. The bar staff were great. Gene R played a fantastic set and my feet were so over-used by 1am that I couldn't get out of the car on the way home for the ritual partaking of sliced imitation meat from Kebabs R Us.

So, it was good.

I'll shut up now before you have to reach for a sick bag (geddit?? "reach" .... sick bag :sleep3: ).

• Replies 2
  • Views 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Went to Boogaloo Soul Night last night..... erm ... King William 4th Pub in Greenwich ... First time I've been to their new venue.

Have to say it was a cracking night. And anyone who knows me, knows that I am always complaining about one thing or another  :graywanker:  (bad sound system, inappropriate lighting ... affecting the ambience, too much mid-tempo, too much modern, not enough bar staff, floor too sticky... etc etc  :sleep3: ) as ya do (or is it just me?? :ohmy: )

I didn't like the previous venue near the Cutty Sark, due to the 4 by 4 dance floor. And admittedly, the dance floor at the King William is not perfect, but it's bigger and does the job for now.

The atmosphere was brilliant. The crowd was friendly. The bar staff were great.  Gene R played a fantastic set and my feet were so over-used by 1am that I couldn't get out of the car on the way home for the ritual partaking of sliced imitation meat from Kebabs R Us.

So, it was good. 

I'll shut up now before you have to reach for a sick bag (geddit?? "reach" .... sick bag  :sleep3: ).

link

agree with you there!!save the kebab not for me in any state,great place!!! shall go again.yours (backdoor)100club

Source Advert