K-city Records ?

hi ,

can someone give me the title of this track ( the attached file) , not sur but it may be a k-city records (kansas city label) but don't know any release beside eugene smiley'45s "It's You" which i've never heard

Thanks , and happy new year

Edited by Iron R
Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

hi , 

can someone give me the title of this track ( the attached file)  , not sur but it may be a k-city records (kansas city label) but don't know any release beside eugene smiley'45s "It's You"  which i've never heard

Thanks , and happy new year

link

Never heard this before, but it's in the same vein as "Yes it's you" by Eugene Smiley (and the Essence of Love), and the lead sounds very much like Eugene, but the track's no where near as good, bit too 'disco' for me... Will prepare a soundfile of the Smiley release in the morning and PM it to you, see what you think.

Billy :sleep3:

Social source share

Never heard this before, but it's in the same vein as "Yes it's you" by Eugene Smiley (and the Essence of Love), and the lead sounds very much like Eugene, but the track's no where near as good, bit too 'disco' for me... Will prepare a soundfile of the Smiley release in the morning and PM it to you, see what you think.

Billy :sleep3:

link

you rock ! it would be definitely tight for the soundfile! :sleep3:

Oh sorry; just realised I didn't actually answer your question. Would guess the title to be somewhere along the lines of "I wanna share my love with you". Whether it is or not who knows! :)

Billy :P

link

thanks again,

i guess it's something like that for the title, that's what i supposed too

actually i made a quite lame post as the question i wanted to post was also about the artist name (didn't know if "essence of love" was for the artist or the title track) :ohmy:

i might have misunderstood but does

Eugene Smiley and the Essence of Love was the artist name on the 45's "yes, it's you"?

Social source share

you rock !  it would be definitely tight for the soundfile!  :sleep3:  

thanks again,

i guess it's something like that for the title, that's what i supposed too

actually i made a quite lame post  as the question i wanted to post was also about the artist name (didn't know if "essence of love" was for the artist or the title track)  :sleep3:

i might have misunderstood but does 

Eugene Smiley and the Essence of Love  was the artist name on the 45's "yes, it's you"?

link

Yes, "Yes it's you" is creited to Eugene Smiley & the Essence of Love, also on K-City records.

P.S. Soundfile on it's way :ohmy:

Edited by billytheboot
Social source share

Guest Awake 502

Yes, "Yes it's you" is creited to Eugene Smiley & the Essence of Love, also on K-City records.

P.S. Soundfile on it's way :sleep3:

link

Scan of Eugene Smiley..

Sorry billytheboot, not for sale :sleep3:

post-1832-1104758704_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Scan of Eugene Smiley..

Sorry billytheboot, not for sale  :sleep3:

link

thanks for all the answers, it's deep right here!

Edited by Iron R
Social source share

• 2 months later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!