Willington Last Night

Armed with route finder off the worldwideweb, reg and i set off for derby, its never easy travelling to that neck of the woods, but the flyer said 'EASY TO FIND' 'right next to the power plant'... anyway it took sodding ages, and it was not easy to find, unless u live on the same street as the place... sodding hours later, around 11pm we roll up alongside the place, jumping for joy, well as much as our bladders wiould allow, only to read that the place was full, and no further admittance due to fire regs! oh my god!! so along with a few other bemused locked out soulies we stood outside begging and waiting while the handbaggers boogied the night away inside... not all handbaggers but enough to make your blood boil when ur locked out. anyway eventually god intervened and we were allowed in, around midnight. it was packed and there were lots of familiar faces.

Generally the music was good, but what was the disco section about???!!!, and then towards the end, there was a bit of a wedding function or something happening, did I hear AGADOO??!!

anyway we left at that stage but i got a sweat on for a few tunes so i left happy, with a now empty bladder.. the toilet alone was worth the entrance fee... and set off back to manchester, where things actually are easier to find. :sleep3:

• Replies 11
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Armed with route finder off the worldwideweb, reg and i set off for derby, its never easy travelling to that neck of the woods, but the flyer said 'EASY TO FIND' 'right next to the power plant'... anyway it took sodding ages, and it was not easy to find, unless u live on the same street as the place... sodding hours later, around 11pm we roll up alongside the place, jumping for joy, well as much as our bladders wiould allow, only to read that the place was full, and no further admittance due to fire regs! oh my god!! so along with a few other bemused locked out soulies we stood outside begging and waiting while the handbaggers boogied the night away inside... not all handbaggers but enough to make your blood boil when ur locked out. anyway eventually god intervened and we were allowed in, around midnight. it was packed and there were lots of familiar faces.

Generally the music was good, but what was the disco section about???!!!, and then towards the end, there was a bit of a wedding function or something happening, did I hear AGADOO??!!

anyway we left at that stage but i got a sweat on for a few tunes so i left happy, with a now empty bladder.. the toilet alone was worth the entrance fee... and set off back to manchester, where things actually are easier to find.  :sleep3:

link

Are you that body-builder-type-bird who was with Reg then? :sleep3:

anyway we left at that stage but i got a sweat on for a few tunes so i left happy, with a now empty bladder.. the toilet alone was worth the entrance fee... and set off back to manchester, where things actually are easier to find.  :)

link

Think I was probably chatting to you in the queue! (sorry jumped the queue!) but we are all mates aren't we? :sleep3::sleep3:

I agree with you about the music, sorry but I do! :ohmy: It wasnt easy to find, think whoever said that on the flyer, should be made to find it blindfolded as I feel we were! Sorry 4 being nasty!

Think I was probably chatting to you in the queue! (sorry jumped the queue!) but we are all mates aren't we? :sleep3:   :sleep3:

I agree with you about the music, sorry but I do!  :ohmy: It wasnt easy to find, think whoever said that on the flyer, should be made to find it blindfolded as I feel we were! Sorry 4 being nasty!

link

We r all mates yes, and we were all so squahes up in that q that we were probably closer than usual. ur not being nasty, its true and not all do's are gonna be to everyones taste all the time. it was ok, thats about it, but nice atmosphere, no bad vibes so it wasn't all bad. :)

I agree with you girls it isnt easy to find at all, I got lost in nottingham LOL which was my own fault, but once in Willington I drove round and round and had to ask someone in the end.I thought that even I could easily find a bloomin great Powerstation but alas no.

Agree with the music as well, way too much disco played, I sugested to Janine that we set one of the DJ's trousers alight to stop it but she wouldn't :sleep3:

Very nice to meet Regmoleshusband but unfortunatly I didn't meet Shuffler, next time maybe

I agree with you girls it isnt easy to find at all, I got lost in nottingham LOL which was my own fault, but once in Willington I drove round and round and had to ask someone in the end.I thought that even I could easily find a bloomin great Powerstation but alas no.

Agree with the music as well, way too much disco played, I sugested to Janine that we set one of the DJ's trousers alight to stop it but she wouldn't  :sleep3:

Very nice to meet Regmoleshusband but unfortunatly I didn't meet Shuffler, next time maybe

link

Mind you finding someone in the street to ask was about as hard as finding the power station, does everyone go to bed by 10? :sleep3:

Agree with the music as well, way too much disco played, I sugested to Janine that we set one of the DJ's trousers alight to stop it but she wouldn't  :)

link

i thought i watched janine tapping her feet to the disco and funk

:sleep3::sleep3::ohmy:

:sleep3: I just want to appoligise to anyone who was waiting to get in ,when i was making my way to the loo to check out the bad eye infection i was carrying out with me last night(blooody styes) i accidentally went through the exit instead of the double doors that led to the loo's.unaware of the people waiting to get in , I was greeted with about ten or fifteen people shouting are you going. you must have wanted to clock me one when i said i only wanted the loo. if its any consolation i did feel awful when i realised that you had been refused entrance.and i can understand the handbagger thing ,there were quite a few.glad you all got in eventually, and on the music note i thought there was a bit too much modern s**t ,but on the whole great atmosphere and great night.

:sleep3: I just want to appoligise to anyone who was waiting to get in ,when i was making my way to the loo to check out the bad eye infection i was carrying out with me last night(blooody styes) i accidentally went through the exit instead of the double doors that led to the loo's.unaware of the people waiting to get in , I was greeted with about ten or fifteen people shouting are you going. you must have wanted to clock me one when i said i only wanted the loo. if its any consolation i did feel awful when i realised that you had been refused entrance.and i can understand the handbagger thing ,there were quite a few.glad you all got in eventually, and on the music note i thought there was a bit too much modern s**t ,but on the whole great atmosphere and great night.

link

Maybe time for membership at soul clubs, or show any soul club membership on the night especially at xmas as always going to be busy.