The True 'rarest Of The Rare'

• Replies 67
  • Views 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hard to say about Clements, I've never had it but thats because I never liked it so never went after it - I have had it offered - Plexium is a weird label, some records on it are common but some are just impossible, there's a rarer one than Soul Joe Clements, some psych thing (the glass opening or sommat) and that Keith Dangerfield 45.. I heard they were all dumped in a warehouse and lifted years ago anyway. But in answer to your question - I wouldn't have thought there were more than 50 copies.

Social source share

Hard to say about Clements, I've never had it but thats because I never liked it so never went after it - I have had it offered - Plexium is a weird label, some records on it are common but some are just impossible, there's a rarer one than Soul Joe Clements, some psych thing (the glass opening or sommat) and that Keith Dangerfield 45..  I heard they were all dumped in a warehouse and lifted years ago anyway.  But in answer to your question - I wouldn't have thought there were more than 50 copies.

link

Although rare not one I'd put in rarest of the rare, and what I know about british is next to f*** all wink.gif Andy D had one earlier in the year, £400 I think.

Social source share

Hi Paul

Better make that 6 as I've got an issue too.

Paul

SITC

You could be one of the five Paul. There are the two in Dublin, and I've heard a bloke in Wigan has another but I don't know where the other two are. Incidentally, any copy I've heard of have been issues, mine's the only demo I've heard of.

link

Definitely used to be at least one copy in Wales, and I've a suspicion that bugger John Weston has one secreted about his record box somewhere.

Social source share

Guest Leigh J

Hard to say about Clements, I've never had it but thats because I never liked it so never went after it - I have had it offered - Plexium is a weird label, some records on it are common but some are just impossible, there's a rarer one than Soul Joe Clements, some psych thing (the glass opening or sommat) and that Keith Dangerfield 45..  I heard they were all dumped in a warehouse and lifted years ago anyway.  But in answer to your question - I wouldn't have thought there were more than 50 copies.

link

I Had A SJC Bought It of Someone At Stafford ,Maybe Pete Lawson For 20 Or 30 Quid About 85 Then I Swapped It For A Trent Sisters -A Letter A Day .

Social source share

Although rare not one I'd put in rarest of the rare, and what I know about british is next to f*** all  sad.gif   Andy D had one earlier in the year, £400 I think.

link

I had a list through just before xmas with one on for £250,but can't remember who the list was from.

Social source share

I had a list through just before xmas with one on for £250,but can't remember who the list was from.

link

That was the "Decibel" list, it was £275. I see he had the Rosebuds on the same list for £50, bet he got a couple of calls for that. It's a good sales list, he has a web site: www.northernsoulvinyl.com

Ady.

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

That was the "Decibel" list, it was £275. I see he had the Rosebuds on the same list for £50, bet he got a couple of calls for that. It's a good sales list, he has a web site: www.northernsoulvinyl.com

Ady.

link

Isnt this Rosebuds just another hype record where there are a few knocking about? I had problems and couldnt bid on one from a German seller on ebay. It went, I believe, for about $11. This can only be 6-8 weeks ago. About the same time as JM was auctioning off one on his site. Last I saw that was nearer the £180 mark. Which is the only reason I would have tried to get the Rosebuds for $11.

I could be wrong, but when a record, not particularly widely known, is being offered in JMs auction, it often gets talked about in Northern Soul chat rooms, the price goes up 5 fold, and lots of people then end up with average records that are plentiful. Give it three months following the auction and you can pick them up, if you still want to for something nearer the original price. I would guess thi is what will happen with the Rosebuds. Nice label, average track. IMO of course.

Social source share

Definitely used to be at least one copy in Wales, and I've a suspicion that bugger John Weston has one secreted about his record box somewhere.

link

I know Steve Thomas had/has one (that's where I first heard it circa '97). Richie in aberdeen had 2 that he sold........one of which I now have. Pretty sure Dave Holt had one too although I don't know if he still has it.....

Rare or not it's defo a hard one as I've only maybe seen 3 for sale since '97

John

Social source share

I know Steve Thomas had/has one (that's where I first heard it circa '97). Richie in aberdeen had 2 that he sold........one of which I now have. Pretty sure Dave Holt had one too although I don't know if he still has it.....

Rare or not it's defo a hard one as I've only maybe seen 3 for sale since '97

John

link

Spoke to Steve as he missed this thread, says picked up 2 in 70s, still gas one, when flogged other, it went on a right old journey , in the 9 months passed thru many hands , up and down uk a few times , north west, scotland and so on

mentioned theres a other version, but no details

anyone ?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert