Price Rare 45s Scale ?

Guest Matt Male

Guest mattmale

Hmm, that's the rare stuff, but i always wonder how many there are of the cheaper sounds.

If i pay £200 for something how many are there? It's something i always wondered... What about these rough prices? I know price doesn't always equal rare as in actual existance but also availability, since some sounds lie in people's collections for ever, but have a go? :sleep3:

Price copies

£200 = ?

£300 = ?

£500 = ?

£1000 = ?

Matt

site note - this was spilt into a new topic as felt would work better

Social source share

• Replies 2
  • Views 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Leigh J

Blimey Not THE Mat Male,How Are You ?

Leigh Jakeman Here Hope All Is Well

Re Your Post ,Rarity Has Been a Fave disscusion Point Of Mine For Years ,Just How Rare Is It ? probably Not As Rare As dealers Would Have Buyers Believe ,Of Course Im Not Realy Active On The Scene at The Moment ,Things Change.

Look How Much Vinyl Jon Anderson Brought Into This Country,Hundreds Of Thousands Of Records ,And More

Two Good Examples Would Be 'Guitar Ray' And 'Jimmy Bo Horne' Hundreds Of Copies Of Each Went Through soul Bowl Not Too Long Ago And Now The Latter Is Fetching A Grand.Of Course There Are Exceptions We All Know What They Are.

I Reckon There Is Too Much Emphasis On rareity Any Way,Some DJs Are Not Interested In Educating And Entertaining People They Are All After The Same Records Or 'Trophys'

In The 80's You Knew Where You Were With DJs , Guy,Keb,Adam etc..

You Knew What Sort Of Stuff Would Be Played Before You Went,

If You Didnt Like It You Could Leave It.

One Of Fave Records Of All Time Is The Dells-Run For Cover Not A Big Money record But A Brilliant Soul record .

Dealers Auctions And Ebay Havnt Helped Either ,Like In Any auction Two People get Excited And Thats It ,From Then On Thats what The Record Is Worth ,rare Or Not.

The Scene is About Much More Than This ,Ive Sold My Vinyl And Now Buy CDs ,I Dont Love It Any Less .

Leigh

Social source share

Guest mattmale

Hello Leigh, nice to hear from you again. Let me know if you feel like going anywhere again. Mark Freeman and I go somewhere at least every couple of months (he more often now he's a big name DJ!). Probably going to the Dome at the end of January. Mail me if you're interested:

matthew.male@ntlworld.com

M.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!