Union Notts Or Black Horse Wolverhampton

Guest Trifle

Guest Trifle

Might be in a position to venture past the Watford Gap next weekend.

I am considering The Union in Trentbridge or the Black Horse in Wolverhampton.

Anyone got any inside info to help me to decide which to do?

With thanks in sweaty-palmed anticipation. :sleep3:

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest ShaneH

With thanks in sweaty-palmed anticipation.  :sleep3:

link

just to let you know the Union, Notts as moved to a venue nearby. Not exactly sure but I have been informed it is quite close. Mick H is still the main man. I would check out the listings for more details. It will still be a top night for sure!

Shane

just to let you know the Union, Notts as moved to a venue nearby. Not exactly sure but I have been informed it is quite close. Mick H is still the main man. I would check out the listings for more details. It will still be a top night for sure!

Shane

link

The new venue for the Union is Trent Bridge Inn, just round t'corner. It's a tribute to Derek Allen asd he was a resident there with Mick H.

THE NEW VENUE REPLACING UNION IS THE T B I ITS JUST ACROSS THE ROAD FROM UNION PUB ON CORNER .YOU CAN,T MISS IT. ROOM UPSTAIRS.THE SMOKING IS ALLOWED HERE.WILL BE IN MEMORY OF DERICK ALLEN.BOUND TO BE A GREAT NIGHT

Is it next Friday? Thought the Union used to be 1st week in the month? has it changed with the new venue? And what's the new venue like? Questions questions questions...I know, but I loved the Union club and I may mount the military operation that is a trip to Nottingham next weekend for a New year treat!!

Guest Trifle

Is it next Friday? Thought the Union used to be 1st week in the month? has it changed with the new venue? And what's the new venue like? Questions questions questions...I know, but I loved the Union club and I may mount the military operation that is a trip to Nottingham next weekend for a New year treat!!

link

Oh I'm always getting pulled up for that one. It is THIS weekend, but, in my defense, I don't really know what day it is, what with the holidays and not being back to normal routine and ...and ... :sleep3:

link

It is this Friday and this Friday is the fierst Friday in the month :sleep3:

link

TBI is just around the corner from the Union, and is on the main road, very easy to find. There used to be soulnights there upto a couple of years ago. It is an excellent venue, better than the union dare I say.

Nice to see the TBI back up and running.

Jm

With thanks in sweaty-palmed anticipation. 

Hi. well I live 10mins from w'ton and 1hr from Nott'm but it's Nott'm for me.

Not the venue but the dj line up that does it for me.

Gaye

Hi. well I live 10mins from w'ton and 1hr from Nott'm but it's Nott'm for me.

Not the venue but the dj line up that does it for me.

Gaye

link

sure had full wack on the notts event - but just can't find it either on pc or on site

anyone info post up and will add usual places

With thanks in sweaty-palmed anticipation.  :)

link

This will help you decide.

The Black Horse has moved to the 4th Friday of every month so it doesn't clash with Notts.

So the Black Horse is the 28th of January.

Found this post from before Christmas from Mick H..telling about why he changed the venue, date etc...

Admin

Group: Admin

Member No.: 1

Gallery

Mick h did a driveby post but hit the "report post" instead of the "add reply" meaning that just moderators get it

So just a quick pass on....

here it is

A no smoking policy was placed at the union club nottm 10 months ago.it worked ok good attendences every month.untill the manager got obsessed with it. even to a point the perv was spying in the ladies .

so i have decided enough was enough and move the venue cross the road to the trent bridge inn .were punters can enjoy a fag.

you know this country is becoming more of a police state like bagdad.no smoking.no drugs.£80 fine if your pissed waiking down the street after hours.id cards on the way.what next ?

so the tbi trentbridge nottm friday 7th jan a tribute night to my buddy derek allen who was resident for me for the last 5 years.will be held a host of djs will join me for this speical night.

so see you there with your ciggs

Mick H

Guest Trifle

This will help you decide.

The Black Horse has moved to the 4th Friday of every month so it doesn't clash with Notts.

So the Black Horse is the 28th of January.

link

Hmm, I'm still not sure.... :)

:lol:

See y'all at Nottingham then.

Oh by the way, I got the dates from northern-soul.com.

And finally (I'm a lazy cow I know, but) anyone know of any good BnBs in the area?

Thanks, and hope to see youse there. Can we wear name badges to help identify, or carry a newspaper under arm, or perhaps a plastic handlebar moustache? :)