Surely Not The Same Singer?

ImberBoy

Ever heard two songs by the same artist that sound so unlike you suspect they are by two different people?

The Snake by Al Wilson and Show and tell, sounds like two different geezers!

LJ Reynolds & Chocolate Syrup - What's A Matter Baby and Your Magic Put A Spell On Me, One sounds like Otis Redding the other sounds like Smokey Robinson?

Check out LJ Reynolds - Key To The World, this is what's making me go "oooooooooh" today! Quite fookin brilliant!!!

Social source share

• Replies 18
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Ever heard two songs by the same artist that sound so unlike you suspect they are by two different people?

Heard Ben E King - 'Getting to me' on Saturday night. Compared with 'Can't break the news' and others, sounds like a different artist as the vocal is so deep on getting to me..

Social source share

Al Wilson - Touch And Go sounds like Walter Jackson - touching in the dark or was it the acid tab I dropped for lunch!

How can any fooker say oou scene is stale when there is so much soul to discover and enjoy! Good to be alive when you hear a sound that moves ya, brillliannnnnnnnnnttttttttttttttttt.

Social source share

Heard Ben E King - 'Getting to me' on Saturday night. Compared with 'Can't break the news' and others, sounds like a different artist as the vocal is so deep on getting to me..

Funny I thought that as well but did'nt want to upset Ady by saying "are you sure" :(

Social source share

Funny I thought that as well but did'nt want to upset Ady by saying "are you sure" sad.png

I think he's covered it all these years .. huh.gif

Sounds exactly like Ben E to me.

You can't mean it! I'll post up a couple, see what folk think ..
Social source share

Getting to me - ben e king - atco

Walking in the footsteps of a fool - ben e king -

Social source share

The lead singer of the Soul Blenders, who recorded "Tightrope/Driving Me Mad" on Knight, was supposedely Gary Sol'e. On listening to the echoey vocals on "Driving Me Mad", I could have sworn it was actually Jim Davidson doing his 'Chalky' routine in a toilet!

Edited by Gene-R
Social source share

I think he's covered it all these years .. :rolleyes:

A tune with the title "Gettin' To Me" is in the recording logs for Ben E. King's Atco material. And it sure sounds like him. He had an incredible vocal range and there are plenty of hidden nuggets amongst his Atco recordings. A fantastic artist in my opinion. Listen to the voice on the tune below.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!