Theres That Beat

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just got my preview/review copy and extra two copies (cheers Dave) to do a competition on the show over the next few weeks, have to say i got in from work tonight at 7.20pm and have just put this superb third issue down now 10.00pm,well what can i say awesome simply awesome read, Eddie's Pied Piper item is the 'dogs nuts' stunning read, inspired me to link the magazine review/preview plug with a Pied Piper Productions special on the show coming real soon, all in all this is a soul fans must read publication, subscribe today no messing, for record people this is by far the best read of it's kind out there....fantastic.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

I was sitting down at the computer this morning before work. I looked up at the top of my computer desk and saw the back cover, thought it was issue 2. Anyway I picked it up to put it away and realised it was issue 3. Thought to myself "that's funny don't remember that being delivered?" Had another look, big chunk missing from the back cover. Said to the wife "What happened to this" She replied "the dog did it!" Fking dog! ranting_1.gif

Haven't had chance to read it yet, but that Pied Piper article does look interesting. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Just got my preview/review copy and extra two copies (cheers Dave) to do a competition on the show over the next few weeks, have to say i got in from work tonight at 7.20pm and have just put this superb third issue down now 10.00pm,well what can i say awesome simply awesome read, Eddie's Pied Piper item is the 'dogs nuts' stunning read, inspired me to link the magazine review/preview plug with a Pied Piper Productions special on the show coming real soon, all in all this is a soul fans must read publication, subscribe today no messing, for record people this is by far the best read of it's kind out there....fantastic.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Thanks Mark , glad you enjoyed it mate , look forward to the Pied Piper special .Best Wishes ,Eddie

Social source share

Mine as just arrived in Australia a great read, including an article one of are lads Barry Simpson as put

together a brilliant 9 page spread on the motown pinks! . Barry is a

very talented writer ! look forword to the book he is working on about the Australian soul scene one

day! one year ! be worth the wait ! . Barry writes '' As any collecter

knows , the thrill of finding anorther obscure number is a rush likened

only to a cup final winning goal ect ect'' . As a bit of a anorack

myself i can relate to that when last year a different take off Bobby

Paris ''i walked away'' came through my door . Playing in down the

phone nano seconds latter to Barry he relates '' i am floating on the

ceiling'' .

Barry also wrote this article under the severe stress he must have

been under! having just received one of the most expensive records to arrive

brocken in two pieces in the world ! . I must admit it brought a tear

to my eye realising that a piece of art & a great antique record is

no more best john

Social source share

Well the Hitsville team have really excelled this time with Issue 3 of "There's that beat" this has to be the premier Rare Soul Fanzine around now, it really has gone from strength to strength with outstanding contributions this time from Eddie with Pied Piper Productions which really taught me some stuff I wasn't aware of, Fergies article on Jimmy Wisner we owe so much to this guy as his contribution to our scene is immense, brilliant article on Motown pinks series by Barry, Jason's Steel City Soul which again informed of sp much stuff I didn't know about, Rob's article on the great Emanuel Laskey which goes without saying is up to Rob's usual great standard and I felt had a real personal feel about if you understand what I mean and finally Dave's article on the books that are written about our great music, I am currently working on an article for a future edition but I have my work cut out to maintain this standard but I will try, roll on issue 4. If anyone wants copies of the mag I hold copies of all issues here in North Wales but I do get to as many venues as I can, they are £5 each plus p+p but it really is better if you subscibe to the mag, for subscription details go to the website www.theresthatbeat.com otherwise contact me on rictic123inst@btinternet.com .

regards

Alan

Social source share

Hi Alan,you ok mate.

Hi Gray,

Will email you mate, not been too good of late, will fill you in by email.

How are you mate, Rosie ok ? have you seen Mark and Jackie and are they ok, was hoping to bump into you at Prestatyn but couldn't find you but even if you know that someone is there is still like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

Regards

Alan

Social source share

Guest veep1296

Just a quick thank you to all for the words of support and encouragement. HUGE kudos to all the contributors who spend their time creating the material for us to work with. If anyone has any suggestions for future issues, comments or criticisms please feel free to get in touch. It's a team effort and... the bigger the team the better.

Quick shout out to Rob, John, Mark and all the Midnight Hour Crew for their immense hospitality and hard work over the weekend. Fantastic event, the guys work hard and it shows. Thanks to everyone who sought us out and commented on the mag, the websites and the Weekender. Was great to see everyone again. We'll be in touch with everyone once back in the States.

Regards,

The TTB! Team - Jason T, Dave M, Dave F, Bev and Janet.

Dave - Logged on using Dave Ferguson's account.

Social source share

Thanks Mark , glad you enjoyed it mate , look forward to the Pied Piper special .Best Wishes ,Eddie

Done and dusted Eddie...lol 'Pied Piper' Soul Shack special inspired by your wonderful efforts will be broadcast Easter Sunday April 8th.....Note Mr Moore will also be doing the competition to win the two extra copies you sent on that show...again just about the best magazine of it's kind out there...simply about the music which is all that matters really...lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert