Info Of Any Sort Artist & Song

• Replies 6
  • Views 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Troy Seals (born November 16, 1938 in Big Hill, Kentucky) is an American singer, songwriter, and guitarist.

He is a member of the prominent Seals family of musicians that includes, Jim Seals (of Seals and Crofts) and Dan Seals (of England Dan & John Ford Coley) and Brady Seals (Little Texas and Hot Apple Pie). During the '70s, Troy Seals recorded with Lonnie Mack and Doug Kershaw and although he made two albums of his own, he is best known as a songwriter. His compositions have been recorded by artists such as Randy Travis, Conway Twitty, Hank Williams Jr., Elvis Presley, Roy Orbison and Jerry Lee Lewis.

Troy Seals has played guitar on numerous sessions for recording stars and has collaborated on compositions with Waylon Jennings, Vince Gill, Will Jennings and others. He has had three co-written compositions nominated for the Country Music Association "Song of the Year" award: "Seven Spanish Angels" (1985), "Lost In The Fifties Tonight" (1986), and "If You Ever Have Forever In Mind" (1999).

In recognition of his successful career, Troy Seals was inducted into the Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame.

Retrieved from "https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troy_Seals"

Could this be the guy?

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Troy Seals (born November 16, 1938 in Big Hill, Kentucky) is an American singer, songwriter, and guitarist.

He is a member of the prominent Seals family of musicians that includes, Jim Seals (of Seals and Crofts) and Dan Seals (of England Dan & John Ford Coley) and Brady Seals (Little Texas and Hot Apple Pie). During the '70s, Troy Seals recorded with Lonnie Mack and Doug Kershaw and although he made two albums of his own, he is best known as a songwriter. His compositions have been recorded by artists such as Randy Travis, Conway Twitty, Hank Williams Jr., Elvis Presley, Roy Orbison and Jerry Lee Lewis.

Troy Seals has played guitar on numerous sessions for recording stars and has collaborated on compositions with Waylon Jennings, Vince Gill, Will Jennings and others. He has had three co-written compositions nominated for the Country Music Association "Song of the Year" award: "Seven Spanish Angels" (1985), "Lost In The Fifties Tonight" (1986), and "If You Ever Have Forever In Mind" (1999).

In recognition of his successful career, Troy Seals was inducted into the Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame.

Retrieved from "https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troy_Seals"

Could this be the guy?

Yes, it's the same Troy. Very, very nice man, still lives near Nashville with his wife of more than 40 years, the great Jo Ann Campbell. He played on lots of stuff not mentioned in that piece, including James Brown's "Licking Stick, Licking Stick"...

Jo Ann and Troy's Atlantic 45 "I Found A Love, Oh What A Love" is one of my favourite soul ballads of all time...

TONE

Social source share

An interesting song with some odd lyrics.

" The wedding is set for tomorrow, we'll both be dressed in black. In place of a bridesmaid I'll bring my Siamese cat".....How bizarre!!!!!

Personally I think there is no place for a cat at a wedding!!!!

Social source share

An interesting song with some odd lyrics.

" The wedding is set for tomorrow, we'll both be dressed in black. In place of a bridesmaid I'll bring my Siamese cat".....How bizarre!!!!!

Personally I think there is no place for a cat at a wedding!!!!

Cheers for that what label is the one you know on - Mine is on Exit

I would actually play it out- I love it

Social source share

Yes, it's the same Troy. Very, very nice man, still lives near Nashville with his wife of more than 40 years, the great Jo Ann Campbell. He played on lots of stuff not mentioned in that piece, including James Brown's "Licking Stick, Licking Stick"...

Jo Ann and Troy's Atlantic 45 "I Found A Love, Oh What A Love" is one of my favourite soul ballads of all time...

TONE

Cheers for that Tone - I love the record I have "The wedding of scocietys child" But knew absolutely nothing about him

Many thanks

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!