6hills Driving Beat Soul Club

Guest GazArcher

Guest GazArcher

This saturday the 17th March the Driving Beat Soul Club presents an evening of classic Northern Soul, Motown, current floor fillers and a sprinkling of R&B.

Across the board policy, no politics or pretentions just a night of great music in a warm and friendly atmosphere.

Those who came last month all had a great time....how do I know? Not only did they say so, (well they would, its only polite!), but the real proof was the floor. The dance floor was non-stop from 8:30 till close. It is a late, 2:00am, finish so alot of people went home a bit sweaty.

A big thank you to those who came last month, and a big HELLO AND WELCOME to those new faces we hope to see this Saturday.

Sixhills is on the A46 between Notts and Liecs, venue starts at 8:00pm thro to 2:00am, £3.00p OTD and plenty of parking.

Hope to see you all down there, come and say hello

GazArcher :thumbsup:

• Replies 33
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest GazArcher

hi gaz am i suposed to be playing there saterday night

:thumbsup: Hi Dave, yes mate you are down to play, expect another good set from you to get the party in swing

GAZ

:thumbsup::D:D:D

Guest GazArcher

OK MATEY WILL BE THERE AND AS USUAL TRY MY BEST THANKS FOR YOUR HELP FRIDAY PITY ABOUT THE NUMBERS BUT WILL I KEEP THE PLACE GOING GREAT SPOT BY U SEE YOU SATERDAY

don't forget what I said..........got to advertise to get them in, bugger the others...who said that :thumbsup:

It's in Events, but a reminder of the line up;

8pm Guest DJ Dave "Nite nurse"

9pm Garry

10pm Guest DJ KC (Burton on Trent, Ex Cleo's, Oscars, Nottm Palais, KC has a great original collection come and hear the classics and dance your feet off!)

11pm Bryn

12am Kev

1am Garry

We had a packed dance floor all night last month, look forward to seeing the regulars and any newcomers. Six Hills Hotel on the A46 near Melton Mowbray.

8pm till 2am for £3 on the door.

Guest gibber

9pm Garry

10pm Guest DJ KC (Burton on Trent, Ex Cleo's, Oscars, Nottm Palais, KC has a great original collection come and hear the classics and dance your feet off!)

11pm Bryn

12am Kev

1am Garry

We had a packed dance floor all night last month, look forward to seeing the regulars and any newcomers. Six Hills Hotel on the A46 near Melton Mowbray.

No weekender for me .

see you saturday thumbsup.gif

With sully and big Trev plus being my birthday could be messy :thumbsup:

ANDY

Guest GazArcher

:thumbsup: Forgot i was playing the last spot!!!! The beer will have truly kicked in by then.......anything could happen in the last soul hour.

I will send you all home tired; sweaty, but happy........I remember wots in my box when i've had a few!

Come and say hello but be prepared to dance dance dance........the floor rules ok :thumbsup:

Looking forward to seeing you all down there. new faces and the usual ugly ones (sorry mary)

GazA

This saturday the 17th March the Driving Beat Soul Club presents an evening of classic Northern Soul, Motown, current floor fillers and a sprinkling of R&B.

Across the board policy, no politics or pretentions just a night of great music in a warm and friendly atmosphere.

Those who came last month all had a great time....how do I know? Not only did they say so, (well they would, its only polite!), but the real proof was the floor. The dance floor was non-stop from 8:30 till close. It is a late, 2:00am, finish so alot of people went home a bit sweaty.

A big thank you to those who came last month, and a big HELLO AND WELCOME to those new faces we hope to see this Saturday.

Sixhills is on the A46 between Notts and Liecs, venue starts at 8:00pm thro to 2:00am, £3.00p OTD and plenty of parking.

Hope to see you all down there, come and say hello

GazArcher :rolleyes:

Hi Gaz hope saturday goes well for you and the lads. would av liked to come but in prestatyn forgot when i said i was coming over too see you all. will 100% come to the next one :thumbsup: good luck lads, gary

Guest GazArcher

Hi Gaz hope saturday goes well for you and the lads. would av liked to come but in prestatyn forgot when i said i was coming over too see you all. will 100% come to the next one :rolleyes: good luck lads, gary

No probs Gary, enjoy the weekend, I guess Jack daniels will be going with you? See you next time round

No probs Gary, enjoy the weekend, I guess Jack daniels will be going with you? See you next time round

arrrrrrrrr yes plenty of that mate whistling.gif watch out 4 spanner i seen him jivin the other night, so towards the end bang him a few doo wop tunes on lol or is it Len fairclough ! as we no him now !!! :P

Guest GazArcher

arrrrrrrrr yes plenty of that mate :rolleyes: watch out 4 spanner i seen him jivin the other night, so towards the end bang him a few doo wop tunes on lol or is it Len fairclough ! as we no him now !!! :thumbsup:

Think i might have a motown instrumental of the Corrie theme tune for spanner :shades: joking of course.

Will play him some "clipity clop R&B" but talc don't work with brothel creepers on yer feet!

Seems like theres a lot of rock 'n roll or disco revivals at the moment ( or is that R&B and Modern)

You know us......if it fills the floor we'll play it.

Have a gud un see you when you get back............pity its forecast snow and blizzards....never get that at skeggy....the weekender of them all

9pm Garry

11pm Bryn

12am Kev

1am Garry

hi Bryn,

been a while mate.

have a good 'un saturday, will get over one day soon.

steve

arrrrrrrrr yes plenty of that mate :rolleyes: watch out 4 spanner i seen him jivin the other night, so towards the end bang him a few doo wop tunes on lol or is it Len fairclough ! as we no him now !!! :thumbsup:

Sos m8 wont be there going to Ireland 4 the week :shades: ,hope you have a cracking night

Guest GazArcher

hey gary dont forget to bring super trooper for mary she will like that :)

Cant find super trooper... she will have to make do with the flasher

Promises to be a great night the party atmosphere is all ready boiling

See yer 2nite

GazA

Guest GazArcher

Sos m8 wont be there going to Ireland 4 the week :) ,hope you have a cracking night

Gonna miss 2nite. Have a gud st Pats and a great time in Ireland. They are lovely folk, don't know if they have any soul doos though

See yer at the next one

GazA

Guest GazArcher

Hi Guys have a great night sorry I can't make it tonight I'll try & get to the next one.

See ya soon Cressy :)

ps tell Kev to keep off the Larger then he'll know his dates next Friday at the Fez is Rock n Roll elvis.gif

will tell Kev.... but in one ear out the other.....c u at the FEZ

Guest gibber

Thanks for the friendly welcome guys :thumbsup:

If looking you for a nice friendly across the board soul night with no politics then this is night for you. Nothing fancy but good honest soul music on original vinyl from the classics to the 70s .

Played one of my favs from the past , Micky Moonshine :thumbsup:

Had a good night with great company, thanks Gayle, Maark, kev& Gwen along with Sully and Trev .

SEE YOU SOON

If looking you for a nice friendly across the board soul night with no politics then this is night for you. Nothing fancy but good honest soul music on original vinyl from the classics to the 70s .

Played one of my favs from the past , Micky Moonshine rolleyes.gif

Had a good night with great company, thanks Gayle, Maark, kev& Gwen along with Sully and Trev .

SEE YOU SOON

Nice to meet you Benny, I hope you had a very happy Birthday! It was, a very enjoyable night! :thumbsup:

Played one of my favs from the past , Micky Moonshine :thumbsup:

SEE YOU SOON

Yea Benny,glad we made the trip up too! Many happy returns for yesterday mate (33 again eh? whistling.gif ) no doubt see you out soon! :thumbsup:

great night was had by all good crowd the music just seemed to flow from record to record well done driving beat soul club got some great pics of the night but being a numpty dont know how to put them on so can anyone help me to put them on. This a night you need to try if you have not been before try the next one you wont regret it

Guest GazArcher

Just like to add that i made the right choice for saturday

thanks again thumbsup.gif

Thanks for the feedback, glad to hear that you and your crew had a good night thats the only reason why we do it.

Its you guys who pays your money so its you guys we need to play for.

When you come next month bring a list of your fav tunes and we will see what we can do, afterall its your night and you come out to enjoy yourselfs

A big thank you to all who turned up, those fron Huntingdon, Wisbech, Liecster, to KC from Burton on Trent....what a great set we'll have you back soon, to Night Nurse who kicked the night off and set the trend, to Mrs Night Nurse, Keith &Debs, Ray & Mary ............. I could go on and on. Sorry to anyone not mentioned but you al are special and we will see you again next month.

GLAD THE BIRTHDAY BOY HAD A GOOD UN

GazA

As usual we had a great night at six hills, really enjoyed the music all night, friendly atmosphere and a great bunch of regulars.

Said it before but I'l say it again, this place has got the best dance floor I have ever been on, just cant keep my little feet still !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spot on guys, see you soon

K & D