Chuck Bernard - Anyone Interested In Speaking To Him

Pete S

I got an email from Chcuk Bernard's daughter and both her and her dad were blown away by the fact there was some footage of him that I'd put on youtube. The impression I got was that she thought no-one had ever heard of him. If anyone wants to interview him about his recordings for Satellite, Zodiac, Brunswick, Maverick etc, I'll put you in touch.

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Wow nice one Pete thumbsup.gif

Maybe put him intouch with people like Kent/Ace (if they arent intouch with him all ready) would be great to see his work on a CD (again if its not already done :thumbsup: )

Social source share

I have a cd of Chuck Bernard, readily available on ebay, although I'm not sure how legitimate it is

"Hall of Soul"

1. Let's Go Get Stoned

2. Wasted (I)

3. Indian Giver

4. Dial My Number

5. Funny Changes

6. Every Hurt Makes You Stronger

7. My Baby

8. She's Already Married

9. I Can't Fight It

10. Send For Me

11. Anything For You

12. Can't Get You Off My Mind

13. Hall Of Soul

14. Yes, We Got It Going

15. You're An Indian Giver

16. Hobo Flats

17. Bessie Girl

18. Love Can Slip Away

19. Everything Is Alright Now

20. The Other Side Of My Mind

21. Love Bug

22. I'm Lonely

23. Got To Get A Hold Of Myself

24. Everybody's Got Their Own Thing

25. Contract On Your Love

26. A Shoulder To Lean On

John.

Social source share

Cheers Joan but there's much better people at it than me, I just find it hard to think of decent questions to ask. What interests me is the fact that SHE thought he was unknown, HE thought he was forgotten, yet loads of people over here and in Europe know him and his work, he'll be blown away. And I'm really happy to be able to help. Here's a picture his daughter sent me of him giving her away at her recent wedding.

Edited by Pete-S
Social source share

Pete why dont you push him this way? sure we could have a Ask Chuck a Q thread or summing thumbsup.gif

What a great idea. But I don't know him mate, just the daughter...I can ask though. You know I can probably list a dozen soul singers or their relations who've contacted me (after seeing their clips) which I didn't really follow up apart from send them a courtesy email...just wasn't thinking - if anyone wants me to see if I can find them I'll have a go

Social source share

WOW!

What a lovely picture.

You know.. it breaks my heart when i think of how many artists there must be over there who totally believe that all their hard work and dreams came to nothing.

I just wish that every single artist who ever made a soul record knew that 40 years on there's a bunch of raving lunatics over here getting so much enjoyment from their records... and for them to know that it definitely wasn't for nothing.

"...some folk just can't get it through their head that times are changing.. all i want you to do... is stay in school... and combine that education with all this soul baby... and sing my song..."

Could you please tell him everytime i hear these lyrics they makes me smile.... just fab! thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!