Peterboro - Different Kettle Of Fish

DKOF3b.jpg

DKOF in THE CITY CLUB CELLAR BAR from Friday March 3oth.

To compliment the succesful oldies and modern rooms at the monthly City Club nights the promoters have decided to add a third room DKOF in THE CITY CLUB CELLAR.

The thinking behind the third room is a simple one: anything goes and expect the unexpected. With the assistance of Paul and Mick Donnelly, Bob Mawson and Ray Mahoney we intend to draw together an eclectic mix of dj's who will dig a little deeper than normal and push the boundaries that little further.

Over four hours of black American music ranging from the raw and energetic sounds of early soul and rhythm & blues, through the golden years of the sixties and onto the sophisticated productions of the seventies and all on original vinyl, we are sure this will only add to what is already a succesful night giving the night an added dimension.

As everyone seems to have a music policy these days, I guess this room would have to be described as DKOF ......a different kettle of fish.

Regards

DKOF

Edited by Baz
  • Replies 19
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Therefore March 30th @ The City Club Peterborough

MAIN ROOM(60's oldies) - GINGER TAYLOR-SKIP-MARTIN AND MARCUS

BOTTOM ROOM(modern/crossover - STEVE JAY-KEV LAWS-DAVE FLEMMING-ANDY JACKSON

BASEMENT ROOM(DKOF)---> RAY MAHONEY-BOB MAWSON-MICK DONNELLY-PD

8-2

all this for £5 door tax and you get FREE pizza @ 1am in the Restaurant

Guest MickD

Therefore March 30th @ The City Club Peterborough

MAIN ROOM(60's oldies) - GINGER TAYLOR-SKIP-MARTIN AND MARCUS

BOTTOM ROOM(modern/crossover - STEVE JAY-KEV LAWS-DAVE FLEMMING-ANDY JACKSON

BASEMENT ROOM(DKOF)---> RAY MAHONEY-BOB MAWSON-MICK DONNELLY-PD

8-2

all this for £5 door tax and you get FREE pizza @ 1am in the Restaurant

and not forgetting Becky Cousins who will be joining us also ... looking forward to immensely

M

Guest marion

Cor this brings a new and exciting room to the city club :rolleyes: - looking forward to it....subject to babysitters :thumbsup: any listings of toons we can expect to hear in this new room?

Guest MickD

Cor this brings a new and exciting room to the city club :) - looking forward to it....subject to babysitters mellow.gif any listings of toons we can expect to hear in this new room?

It would probably be easier to say what you won't hear smile.gif

however ...

I suppose the best way to answer that would be

journey start: Clentt Gant and Riff Ruffin

journey end: Walter Jenkins and Clyde Brown

Calling at: Billy Kennedy, Emanuel Laskey, Wallace Johnson and Betty Harris

Anything goes ... within reason obviously tongue.gif

good luck with third room chaps. for some inexplicable reason, it reminds me of the dylan line 'if he needs a third eye, he just grows it'.

it could be said that the EASC in peterborough, a veritable desolation row in soul terms, has just grown a third eye. all very commendable, given the fact that having an oldies room as the 'main event' is rather like having a squint or severe myopia.

KOKO

M

Guest MickD

good luck with third room chaps. for some inexplicable reason, it reminds me of the dylan line 'if he needs a third eye, he just grows it'.

it could be said that the EASC in peterborough, a veritable desolation row in soul terms, has just grown a third eye. all very commendable, given the fact that having an oldies room as the 'main event' is rather like having a squint or severe myopia.

KOKO

M

Well it looks like the trip down the opticians is going to have to wait macky.... despite our best efforts to get this up and running it looks like this part of the EASC has failed to get a release and will remain for the time being in the can. Sorry folks ...... this must be the shortest lived venue ever? :thumbsup:

But rest assured the East Anglian Soul Club will be contiuing with their two room oldies and modern policy

regards

Mickd

An apology and a request please.

I sat down at my station early this morning to read that the third room had been cancelled.

My e-mail inbox contained numerous requests for information regarding the announcement and internal exchanges with DKOF hierarchy. I'm still have no idea who made the decsion as no one has actually informed me personally as to why it is now a non-starter.

Its clear that a request for information may have been the catalyst for an exchange of views which has prompted two of the DKOF organisers to say "no thank you" to me in private emails what went on via the forum god knows as quite rightly the thread has been removed.

An apology to everyone who over the last three weeks has encouraged and offered support for what we wanted to do, the request? would you please pass this on to anyone you may know who were interested in the DKOF nights at the City Club. I'd hate anyone too arrive finding the room closed.

A third room will work at the City club, and expect to see it up and running with other dj's who can be controlled and influenced. There were far too many ifs and buts for my liking and despite some bending backwards to accommodate us and vica versa in reality due to personalties and the logistics of the venue it was ALWAYS going to be slippery slope.

The June cancellation was the straw that broke the camels back for me personally, We initially wanted to start in April, however StefM asked us if we would start in March, with only 2 weeks marketing and Skeg on the Friday we thought it would be a poor start, however we agreed. We had April booked with Guy Hennigan being approached, we were then advised that the May gig would be cancelled as the cellar bar had been per booked and we 'may' be able to utilise a small room within the main building, we then discover no June date. Anyone with an ounce of sense will realise that attempting to promote a new venture is difficult enough but when the playing field resembles Barnack Hill & Hollows and the goal posts are moved every day it became obvious that this venture was doomed.

I'd like to finish off with this, I sincerely hope the City Club continues to flourish and grow and will as always support what Stef, Coops and the other new guys are doing however as all those years ago when another disappointment kicked me in the gonads a certain Phoenix raised from the ashes and took the world on.

There is without question enough support for a new venue that no longer has an afinity with what the other guys are doing throughout the area, we will be back.

For those interested regarding the new venue in Peterborough that will be playing unusual/ forgotten material would you please email dkofish@googlemail.com so we can inform you direct as to where, what and who.

Cheers guys cya on the 3oth.

Sorry to hear this is a non starter as far as City Club goes, hope things get resolved.

Was looking forward to hearing some tunes with a slightly different slant on them, especially from PD and Bob. :thumbsup:

Was surprised to see this billed as a third room for the City Club, with the amount of people who congregate in the "Chill out" room I would have thought the City Club could be described as a three room venue anyway :shades:

Would DKOF have been a fourth room? :shades:

Will keep an eye out for DKOF when it is (hopefully) up and running somewhere :thumbsup:

Guest MattB

I was pretty disappointed about this too, got a text from Ray today informing me of the cancellation, any idea if there will be anything along these lines to come again?