Golborne This Saturday

Reg

• Replies 33
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I know lots of people seem to be going to some place on Oxford Street this Saturday but who's up for Golborne apart from me and Shufflebottom??

link

Reg........thought you were coming to London ?

Too far for me...can't hack that trip back.  thmbdn.gif

I'm the grumpiest person in grumpy town after an all niter so after  six hours on the motorway :wicked:   aggressive.gif -ask Paul B.  A nice trip over to wigan will do me nicely :ohmy:

link

I usually sit in the back seat close my eyes and pray that we will be home soon. :ohmy:

Avoid any eye contact too. One wrong look and i find myself on the end of a stern beating. :ohmy:

Apart from that, Reg is great company on the way home.

I usually sit in the back seat close my eyes and pray that we will be home soon.  :wicked:

Avoid any eye contact too. One wrong look and i find myself on the end of a stern beating.  aggressive.gif

Apart from that, Reg is great company on the way home.

link

and what about the quality of my conversation?!!

I wouldn't call it conversation, more like a constant noise. It tends to start as soon as we get in the car and doesn't stop until my ears are actually bleeding.

link

not as bad as chris carr tho, surely??? please?!

I am none the wiser! It doesn't actually say on the events listing, or I couldn't see it. However, I shall find it. It would probably be difficult to get lost in Golborne?

Have you ever bin before? :search:

I am none the wiser!  It doesn't actually say on the events listing, or I couldn't see it.  However, I shall find it.  It would probably be difficult to get lost in Golborne?

Have you ever bin before? :search:

link

Yep I have, There's usually a flyer advertising it with the address on. It's down a dirt track off the main road -bit tricky to find unless you know where it is. Try Pming Lizz or Shuffler...they'll be able to give you better directions than me :thumbsup:

Guest Soulboychester

is Goldbourne on ?? heard its been cancelled this week as is now on the same night as Winsford - also heard that its going to be the last one as its been sold - reliable source

I don't have their contact or know them. But looks like it might not be on.

Winsford is abit too far south for me to travel, does anyone know of another soul nite no further south than Warrington, that's happening on Saturday.

:thumbsup:

Hi,

Its junction 23.Head towards manchester,about 1/2 a mile to next small roundabout turn left follow sign for Golborne. Continue down main road about another 1/2 mile. Check for catholic church made of red brick on left hand side immediately after church (and priests house) is a dirt track turn left into that and club is at the top about 100 yards.The roads a bit bumpy so take care.Look forward to meeting you :thumbsup:

Lizz

OK its on!

Can you give me any directions from the M6.  Is it J23?

link

Definatley on this sat the 8th jan ,spoke to dean this afternoon should be one more after this,great little niter will be sadly missed.If you dont attend and it is the last one it would be a pisser,so dont take the chance at a fiver in it must be the best value niter in the country.

link

Got to agree with Andy..I really like Golborne, nice laid back atmosphere..similar to Soultown really, I'll be sad to see it end. Is Dean looking for another venue to replace it do you know?

Sat 8th of jan definatley the last goldbourn allniter,just had a call from dean to confirm this,the new owners have said any future nites would have to finish at midnite so dean has decided to take a well earned rest from promoteing.I for one will miss this venue and hope dean gets another niter going in the future,so this is your last chance to visit this cracking little venue.

:lol:

link

Well me and my pals went along to the last one and it was great as usual... Dean has had a real tough time for the last few years running that place cos of the arsewipe yokels who like to get drunk and take ze piss out of soulies but he's kept it going and its one of the best venues with some great dj's, so any1 who never went and didn't go last nite missed a treat. :yes: Happy 44th Dean x

It was the first time I'd bin to Goldborne, and also the last, due to it being the last one. What a shame.

Properly enjoyed myself, and thanks to Liz and crew for kindly adopting me for the evening!

:lol:

Had great nite at last goldbourne niter,will miss this place,nice to meet a few ss members there,especialy paul and his mate even though  was a bit worse for were[i thougt it was sherbert honest],good luck to dean in the future.

link

You seemed fine to me mate. I feel totally shattered today. Only got a few hours sleep cos my flat mate knocked me up the b*****d!!!

Its hard work at times this northern soul. :yes::(

Always well worth it though. Went to twisted wheel on friday and really enjoyed it down there. All 100 mph stuff!

So a good weekend on the whole. :lol:

You seemed fine to me mate. I feel totally shattered today. Only got a few hours sleep cos my flat mate knocked me up the b*****d!!!

Its hard work at times this northern soul.  :yes:   :(

Always well worth it though. Went to twisted wheel on friday and really enjoyed it down there. All 100 mph stuff!

So a good weekend on the whole.  :lol:

link

is your real name chris carr???