Soul Discovery

Another One Of A Kind First Rate Serving Of Quality Soulacious R&B From Abtone Studios.

An Uptempo Dancer And A Mid-Tempo Groover Certain To Satisfy. "Outskirt" Is The Dancer But Has Some Surface Noise That Plays Through Most Of The Track (from the look of the label someone spilt a Brandy & Ginger On this side. Can Be Cleaned but I'll leave that decision in the hands of the one who takes her home tonight) Where As "Last Laugh" Is A Much Cleaner Affair All Together. Either Way You Get Some Mighty Fine Choons For Spinning From Wapping To Wigan Or From Haarlem (Netherlands) To Chico's Cafe In East LA.

"Last Laugh" - "Outskirt" £295

A Two Sider 7" 45 Acetate

post-6943-1174146178_thumb.jpgpost-6943-1174146834_thumb.jpg

last_laugh__clip_.mp3Outskirts_abtone_c.mp3

Edited by Mangomn2003
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 25
  • Views 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Alas Dearones Unfortunately The Abtone Disc With "Helpless" - "Broken Hearted Station" Hath Sold The Only Remaining Abtone Spinner Is "Last Laugh - "Outskirt". All Are Uncredited And Unreleased

Thanks For The Interest.

Cheers

Chris

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest melandthensome

That voice sounds mighty familiar on 'outskirts' and I love the first track 'last laugh' great stuff mate :wicked:

Edited by melandthensome
Social source share

That voice sounds mighty familiar on 'outskirts' and I love the first track 'last laugh' great stuff mate :wicked:

I Know What You Mean... Just Can't Place It. And don't know really anything about who produced these tracks either. One Big Brilliant Mystery!

Social source share

Thanks for the MP about this, absolutely a monster of a tune it now wipes the floor with out skirts.

True... Yes, True. But "Outskirts" Has It's Own Merits. It Really Grows On Ya After A Few Plays. A Most Notable Song Having Been Covered A Few Times - Ray Charles', Quincy Jones Arranged, Version On Impulse 1961 Springs To Mind. thumbsup.gif

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Abtone Studios:

Located At: 1733 Broadway, New York N.Y. 10019

Might Have Been Owned By: Abe Steinberg (Audio Engineer)

Here's What we know about Abotone Studio thus far. In 1963 Abtone was a favored studio of session, side-man and burgeoning guitar hero Jimi Hendrix. Hendrix along with Lonnie Youngblood, Herman Hatson and Lee Moses cut numerous tracks at the studio. These side were compiled for the release "The Abtone Sessions : https://www.amazon.com/Abtone-Session-Japan...x/dp/B000KF57Q2

Other Abtone Mentions In The Soul World Come From an Andy Rix Scouting Trip Where He Found A Ronnie Forte Abtone Acetate In Rose Marie McCoy's Newark New Jersey Basement.

I Also Do Beleive That John Manship Had An Abtone Acetate On Offer At One Time Too.

Anyone With Any Additional Information On This Studio Please Feel Free To Fill In The Spaces. :thumbsup:

Cheers

Social source share

• 2 months later...

Through The Grapevine I Hear That There Is Yet Another Jimi Hendrix Abtone Release In The Works. One Would Have Thought That Not Possible As Everything Done With Youngblood Has Been Mined, Re-mined, Over-Hauled And Even To Some Extent Lied About.

Anyway These Track Have Nothing To Do With That And Are Brilliance Unto Themselves.

What I can Say Is That The Abtone Material Hath Lead To Many Of Conversations With Old Friends, Such As Brooks Arthur And Mike Rashkow, Who Were Engineering Pioneers And Stalwarts Of The Era. Good Stuff This For So Many Reasons. :lol:

Social source share

Thanks for the MP about this, absolutely a monster of a tune it now wipes the floor with out skirts.

played my volume boosted and crudely remastered vinyl carvers copy of Helpless for the first time in Venice (took off the acataet obviously) , rocked the dance and sounded brilliant out.

Did you get the other one Tony?

Social source share

• 1 month later...

played my volume boosted and crudely remastered vinyl carvers copy of Helpless for the first time in Venice (took off the acataet obviously) , rocked the dance and sounded brilliant out.

Did you get the other one Tony?

Mik Old Mate The Final Unlabeled 10" 45 In VG++ Hath Not Been Claimed, After six - nine weeks, And I'm Making It Available To Some Lucky Raver For £255... Shipped Immediately Upon Payment.

I'm Glad It's Played So Well For You As It Is Truly A Brilliant Track.! So Heres One Last Chance To Own A Raw Version.

Cheers!

And Thanks For The Interset :thumbup:

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!