That's Enough

• Replies 30
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest in town Mikey

My Roscoe Robinson is on Gerri, the local label. It also came out on Wand. I think they both sound the same. Can anyone confirm/deny this?

Social source share

My Roscoe Robinson is on Gerri, the local label. It also came out on Wand. I think they both sound the same. Can anyone confirm/deny this?

link

There's definitely two versions, one of them is the usual version, the other on the intro has the first few bars repeated...first time I heard the difference was on a compilation LP so can't tell you if it's on a 45

Social source share

Can anyone provide a soundfile for this Rose Davis? I finfd it hard to beleiev that this surpasses Roscoe's version..but that's what someone reckons!

Turn back the hands of time now

My, my my baby....

Sorry about that! Anybody who hasn't heard 'Stop the Clock' ought to make it a New Year's resolution to do so. You won't be sorry!

Social source share

Guest rachel

Can anyone provide a soundfile for this Rose Davis? I finfd it hard to beleiev that this surpasses Roscoe's version..but that's what someone reckons!

link

They need their ears cleaned!! Link to soundfile on Soul Club above, don't have an actual RA/mp3, it's not worthy of hard disk space!

Social source share

Not that good mate to be honest - had one on my list for £5 yesterday!

I just played Stop The Clock to a very well known Dj who thought it was great.  It definitely gets better and better  :wicked:

link

=============

Pete,

I have speakers on my computer (daughter back from uni) aggressive.gif any chance you can direct me to the stop the clock thread, so I can hear it please?

Winnie:-)

Social source share

Somebody with broadband ought to send this great song - 'Stop the Clock' I mean - to Soul Club or somehere like that so that more people can enjoy this really very tasty tune. This isa classic big city brilliantly produced classy record. Should have been a massive mainstream smash. It deserves to be on this scene.

Edited by Billy Freemantle
Social source share

If anyone REALLY liked the girl version I've got one here for £10  :thumbsup:

link

When I provided the link to the ghuy that had said he had preferred it, he was amazed at how deluded he had been for liking it.

But talking of cash values, I reckon you might be sitting on a goldmine with that brilliant Stop the Clock, Pete. Is it rare? I work with Canadians. I'm thinking of asking them to look for it Canada when they are next there.

Social source share

When I provided the link to the ghuy that had said he had preferred it, he was amazed at how deluded he had been for liking it.

But talking of cash values, I reckon you might be sitting on a goldmine with that brilliant Stop the Clock, Pete. Is it rare? I work with Canadians. I'm thinking of asking them to look for it Canada when they are next there.

link

Well you know I had two, one on Amy one on Red Leaf, I sold the Red Leaf one for £150, I had someone here yesterday offered me £250 for the other one and I said 'better not cos I'll only regret it'! Probably end up getting a dub cut and selling it though. Must be pretty rare as I've come up blank for the last 4 weeks now trying to find another..

Social source share

Well you know I had two, one on Amy one on Red Leaf, I sold the Red Leaf one for £150, I had someone here yesterday offered me £250 for the other one and I said 'better not cos I'll only regret it'!  Probably end up getting a dub cut and selling it though.  Must be pretty rare as I've come up blank for the last 4 weeks now trying to find another..

link

I think you definitely would regret it. That tune will sure be massively in demand sooner or later. I would love to be able to get hold of a Cd say with lots of stuff in that vein on it. The thing is too that very body I've played 'Stop the Clock' to has loved it. Loved it as a work of art, not necessarily as a soul record.

Social source share

I think you definitely would regret it. That tune will sure be massively in demand sooner or later. I would love to be able to get hold of a Cd say with lots of stuff in that vein on it. The thing is too that very body I've played 'Stop the Clock' to has loved it. Loved it as a work of art, not necessarily as a soul record.

link

Wonder how come the deaf gits on this site hated it then??

No accounting for taste :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Pete

Is there any chance you could post in like you posted all those other tracks. I cant download any software so cant hear it in the format you have posted it.

mike

Social source share

Pete

Is there any chance you could post in like you posted all those other tracks. I cant download any software so cant hear it in the format you have posted it.

mike

link

I did do it the same I think mate, I only know one way to do it, record it using musicmatch then upload it...if you can tell me what to do, I'll have a go...

Social source share

Pete

mike

link

mike

if post up a link to what you can hear

be it in here on the actual forum or in the sounds gallery

should be able to suss out for you

mike

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Found the old posts, but I cant listen to them??!!

maybe its because the site has changed?

Before they appeared n my computer as a box with a volume control. i just clicked on it and they played. Now when I look at the posts they are just links and i dont have the softwear to play them.

Oh well, c'est la vie. I noticed you had the 'clock' one on those posts and I didnt reply, so I cant have been too bothered. unlike the royal robbins - something about you that sends me

which is a choon!!

Thanks for trying anyway.

mike

Social source share

Found the old posts, but I cant listen to them??!!

maybe its because the site has changed?

Before they appeared n my computer as a box with a volume control. i just clicked on it and they played. Now when I look at the posts they are just links and i dont have the softwear to play them.

Oh well, c'est la vie. I noticed you had the 'clock' one on those posts and I didnt reply, so I cant have been too bothered. unlike the royal robbins - something about you that sends me

which is a choon!!

Thanks for trying anyway.

mike

link

yep - they were attachments embedded - but didnt work well in forum if more than one post so went back to old

how does the sounds in gallery work for you Mike, cause they still embedded

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!