PRESTATYN

Sorry should read "booked today off as well"...just as well i didn't bother going in!!!! Delxx

I always take the Tuesday off to recover, sort the photos, review and to the washing! I also 'booked' today in readyness for next year as well :thumbsup:

• Replies 154
  • Views 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Thanks to everyone who helped/DJ'd/appeared/did stuff beyond the call of duty to keep the event running smoothly.......You all know who you are.

Will have showcase song list when I get it out of my suit pocket !!!

1,800 in the "pre-event party" thursday night !

3,500 at the weekender

2,300 re-booked for 2008.

All moans and groans taken very seriously, we got rid of the ones from last year.

And not to forget Archers "Peach Snapps" for sponsoring Pete Widdowson..............

more later

Rob & Karen Wigley

ps I played "Gonna build california" in my set on Friday night in the "House of Soul" will be massive this time next year and a perk of the job is I can suggest songs for the Artists to sing !!!!

Only went for Sat afternoon and Niter session as last year found the weekender boring - enjoyed Life Line in the Redemption room Sat afternoon, musically it was over for me after that - feel it would make the weekender worth going to if Life Line was a niter session - just more and more of week in week out stuff in main hall :D

Socially it was great but it's also about the music and dancing. Imo it caters for everyone's taste, except those of us that go out to listen and dance to something different for a change, such as semi/unknown record's, c/u's etc and not forgetting the unissued stuff that we rarely get the pleasure to dance too, or hear played out.

The act's were a little disappointing - enjoyed Dee Dee Sharpe in rehersal more than on the nite - all still have great voices. Went on too long, especially the ending. Enjoy live performance's in smaller, more intimate venue's tbh.

Nothing to write home about I'm afraid IMO, had a great time catching up with friends though :)

Karen

Was curious to know what the artist showcase was this year..as it was "king of the road" last year i was kinda expecting "ring of fire" or "harper valley PTA"...soul and then some...

:wicked:wicked.gif

Guest Dr Bob Jones

I have to say a big thank you to the organisers of this years Prestatyn (especially Fish) for allowing me to play my inspirational soul in the Modern Room. I thought the Modern Room worked much better this year than last. From a DJ point of view it is a vast space to play, but it really was better this time. All the rooms seem to be working well and the 'live' acts were spot on.

Thanks once again for the support and the positive words you all gave me during the weekend. Looking forward to 2008. :wicked:

Much respect

Dr Bob Jones

'40 years presenting quality black music across the globe, 2007'

Nice pictures,spotted a few friends on em

wheelchair Dave

Big kieth Manlove

lorraine ( girl with the same blouse top on as you )

Al taylor

The Attic Boys

and a few in the background

Not been to Prestatyne yet

Thanks for the piccy's

Bazza

Did anyone hear Attic Steve's drunken abuse on the radio slot around 05.30 Sat morn? His "I'm going to take it steady" lasted for about 6 pint then went up the wall. Lovelly doing a spot on the radio with him, Kev and Garry................"Dean, you might have to press the buttons for me mate!" Unfortunatley he got hold of the mic.

I agree with some of the points made about repeat plays, especially in the main hall, and some fairly safe spots. But IMO Prestatyn is more of a celebration event, and it works very well as that. Not really sure why we started on bottles of wine on Sunday evening though.

Really enjoyed Hidaway crewe in Redemption early Sunday Eve and then top spots in Queen Vic from Keith Money, Tim Brown, Steve Green, Mick H. Thought the music was good in main room on Friday night too.

post-5677-1174409599_thumb.jpg

Yes the tunes in the main room were pretty nice on Friday from 1am onwards...No point going on about safe djs and repeats really,its a weekender for so many different folk and i am sure we all got a little something in the 5 rooms...One thing could be dj playlists on paper and then the next djs on could see what was played..Just a thought...

Queen Vic was quality all day Friday..And John Baxter playing Breaking point,it sounded so good and on the wants list for my good dj freind thumbsup.gif ..Nice vibe in that room all weekend but again the flood lights were on the dancefloor,not gonna get much going with them beaming down on you...This point is posted every year,it must be a health and safety issue..

Only spent a short time in Redemption,good tunes on Sunday night from Mr Banks/Dutton and the mighty Hoss,i found out why they call him Hoss too :) Plenty of other stuff in there too but most of the days were spent sleeping/eating and chilling in the chalet and in others too...Many folk spend a large part of the weekend this way,so many people to catch up with from all over the uk and overseas..

Like some folk said,its a big party and we treat it that way,i missed many djs but will have the chance to see them out and about every week,only one chance to see so many freinds in one place at the same time..

Nice vibe in the smaller room playing 70s/crossover/modern/jazz,only in there for short periods but did like it...Nice touch with the sofa or two..

All the PA/Decks looked in better quality, was playing off one deck in the vic two years ago....

I could have spent the whole time catching up with people....Great to see Anna/Juan Carlos/David and all the crowd from Spain...Had a blast with the Ireland soulies..Good to meet Dave Moore from Hitsville for the first time...Too many more to mention,you know who you all are...

The best laugh of the weekend was with Tony Hafield and his good lady,had to go back and change my panties after his little story.. :yes:

Warm in the chalet with the heating on and only cost us a few quid each for 4 days...The weather aint really an issue with just one mins walk between the chalet and main building...

Some folk will always find faults first,its way they are made..I did find a few of them but many many more positives...Victor Meldrew and co were there,expect nothin more fromthese folk..Could any of you put on an event of this size for so many folk of different ages and tastes in black music.It does show the promoters did listen to past comments and make changes :D

I hope the lady who lost her panties had a few spare ones... :wicked:

Nice to see the bloke with old ladies fanny breath :yes: and the ladies trying to avoid the kiss from him

What about the pirate in the main room dancefloor/the bloke in the Benny hat who danced for 4 days without a break... Plus all the other creatures of the night who make a weekend what it is.... :D

It was nice to take my good lady for her first weekender,if she get out of hospital before Cleethorpes then i am sure we can repeat it :D

Its been said before..If you like it at Prestatyn then i am sure you will book again,if you dont then stay away and let the others have some fun...When you break the cash down then its a pretty good bargain........................Chalet/Live acts/Djs/table tennis/water sports etc....We had it all for less than £20 a day...

Olof only got to 83 pints and will try and be back next year to beat the 100 mark...

Smile....You only live once...

Guest veep1296

Yes Shout and Jayboy. Excellent tune!

I've done a brief write up on my Prestatyn experience on my Blog, but it was there and back in a day so it was mainly travelling.

Im sure Steve will agree that you should check out the flip too " The world needs more people like you" making this 45 a truly great double sider...played it Sun pm radio show,

Regards

David Ferguson

Guest mark shepherd

little stevie said

- Its been said before..If you like it at Prestatyn then i am sure you will book again,if you dont then stay away and let the others have some fun...When you break the cash down then its a pretty good bargain........................Chalet/Live acts/Djs/table tennis/water sports etc....We had it all for less than £20 a day...

im ashamed to say ive not been to prestatyn yet, but if someone had mentioned the above, plus watersports for £20, id have made it well before now.

will there be watersports next year :thumbsup:

Guest clanger v2

Yes the tunes in the main room were pretty nice on Friday from 1am onwards...No point going on about safe djs and repeats really,its a weekender for so many different folk and i am sure we all got a little something in the 5 rooms...One thing could be dj playlists on paper and then the next djs on could see what was played..Just a thought...

Queen Vic was quality all day Friday..And John Baxter playing Breaking point,it sounded so good and on the wants list for my good dj freind :shades: ..Nice vibe in that room all weekend but again the flood lights were on the dancefloor,not gonna get much going with them beaming down on you...This point is posted every year,it must be a health and safety issue..

Only spent a short time in Redemption,good tunes on Sunday night from Mr Banks/Dutton and the mighty Hoss,i found out why they call him Hoss too :shades: Plenty of other stuff in there too but most of the days were spent sleeping/eating and chilling in the chalet and in others too...Many folk spend a large part of the weekend this way,so many people to catch up with from all over the uk and overseas..

Like some folk said,its a big party and we treat it that way,i missed many djs but will have the chance to see them out and about every week,only one chance to see so many freinds in one place at the same time..

Nice vibe in the smaller room playing 70s/crossover/modern/jazz,only in there for short periods but did like it...Nice touch with the sofa or two..

All the PA/Decks looked in better quality, was playing off one deck in the vic two years ago....

I could have spent the whole time catching up with people....Great to see Anna/Juan Carlos/David and all the crowd from Spain...Had a blast with the Ireland soulies..Good to meet Dave Moore from Hitsville for the first time...Too many more to mention,you know who you all are...

The best laugh of the weekend was with Tony Hafield and his good lady,had to go back and change my panties after his little story.. :lol:

Warm in the chalet with the heating on and only cost us a few quid each for 4 days...The weather aint really an issue with just one mins walk between the chalet and main building...

Some folk will always find faults first,its way they are made..I did find a few of them but many many more positives...Victor Meldrew and co were there,expect nothin more fromthese folk..Could any of you put on an event of this size for so many folk of different ages and tastes in black music.It does show the promoters did listen to past comments and make changes :D

I hope the lady who lost her panties had a few spare ones... :thumbsup:

Nice to see the bloke with old ladies fanny breath :yes: and the ladies trying to avoid the kiss from him

What about the pirate in the main room dancefloor/the bloke in the Benny hat who danced for 4 days without a break... Plus all the other creatures of the night who make a weekend what it is.... :D

It was nice to take my good lady for her first weekender,if she get out of hospital before Cleethorpes then i am sure we can repeat it :D

Its been said before..If you like it at Prestatyn then i am sure you will book again,if you dont then stay away and let the others have some fun...When you break the cash down then its a pretty good bargain........................Chalet/Live acts/Djs/table tennis/water sports etc....We had it all for less than £20 a day...

Olof only got to 83 pints and will try and be back next year to beat the 100 mark...

At last.....a post that sums up the weekend nicely :thumbsup:

Good to see you again Steve.....sorry I didn't get time to chat properly, you know how it was ph34r.gif

This was my first Prestatyn, and it lived up to all expectations.

Guest kelvinx

Summary of weekend for me:-

Lots of Highs

House of soul Friday night/Sat morning

Phillip Mitchell performing

Main room Sunday morning:-Keith Money in particular well worth staying up for.

Sunday night Mick H in Queen Vic

Lows

Shouldn't really complain about the cold in a holiday camp in March but all the rooms felt alot colder than last year.My Mrs kept her coat on on Sunday which was just as well as there was no cloak room after Friday!.

Modern room finale:-Think I heard "Rock with you" but Im still hoping I dreamt it!

Generally a grand weekend and still the one to beat imho.

Queen Vic was quality all day Friday..And John Baxter playing Breaking point,it sounded so good and on the wants list for my good dj freind :shades: ..Nice vibe in that room all weekend but again the flood lights were on the dancefloor,not gonna get much going with them beaming down on you...This point is posted every year,it must be a health and safety issue..

Only spent a short time in Redemption,good tunes on Sunday night from Mr Banks/Dutton and the mighty Hoss,i found out why they call him Hoss too :shades: Plenty of other stuff in there too but most of the days were spent sleeping/eating and chilling in the chalet and in others too...Many folk spend a large part of the weekend this way,so many people to catch up with from all over the uk and overseas..

The best laugh of the weekend was with Tony Hafield and his good lady,had to go back and change my panties after his little story.. :lol:

ohmy.gif Steven!

Great write up mate :thumbsup:

Guest soul kitten

where to start

arrived Thursday ,

warmed the chalet up and ourselves and off we went, lost the boys straight away ,no change there then, :shades: always enjoy Thursday night ,not as busy although busier than has been before,highlight for me was Pat Lewis had had a few too many Brandy's,sooo friendly,gave us a song. was seen later in the toilets talking to herself in the mirror, :shades: up till 3 then rest our weary heads,

who was that man dressed in black with the scarve on his head and all that gold, kept me entertained just watching him

Friday

Pub opened at 11 ,guess where the boys were laugh.gif

the meeting up place for all our friends,the Middleton boys kept us entertained all day and the very peculiar tasting beer/larger was flowing well, spent the evening between,Queen Vic n Modern room,did nt venture much into main room ,record bar was a bit like a cattle market ,could hardley hear your self think,Listened to Melissa Morgan in the Modern room,the lady was tiny so could nt see her ,but had a big voice to make up for that.too much jungle juice overcame us so pacing ourselves decided to retire shortly after that.

Saturday

usual starting place ,Queen Vic ,God those Man U fans get moody when you stand in front of the tv :yes: sorry)

Then to Lifeline ,not for me but the rest of them really looking forward to this ,but they were v dissappointed as im sure Patto let them all know later on :Dwacko.gif ,

i went to Soul in the Sun always good value and a laugh.

was expecting the cattle market again saturday night but did nt seem as bad ,got our spot on the balcony and stayed there to watch the live acts, Maurice Chestnut was good value,not so much for his singing but looked like an extra from the mask in that suit,and any one who can do a forward roll at that age has my respect.then came good old Pat who looked totally different from Thursday night,PPM was fantastic as was DD Sharp,think Pat been at the brandy again thanking all the band at the end,you could nt shut her up.

Sunday

in the pub again ,then wandering about catching up with old friends and generally having a laugh,Sunday night definatly delivered the goods in the Queen Vic really enjoyed it in there,well done Mick H for not belting the bloke trying to dismantle the decks at the end,totally out of order :lol:

all in all had a good time ,musically dissapointing at times but if you don t like it in one room ,move ,you ll find something else,Socially fantastic as ever and after deciding we definatley would nt be back next year promptly went and booked :thumbsup:

finally thanks to the idiots above us who decided to have a party on Sunday night,just what you need when you need some sleep prior to the long drive home :thumbsup:

Steve n Sharon

Thanks once again for the support and the positive words you all gave me during the weekend. Looking forward to 2008. :thumbsup:

Much respect

Dr Bob Jones

'40 years presenting quality black music across the globe, 2007'

Bob

Nice to catch up albeit briefly and in return I would like to thankyou for the kind words of support and encouragement you gave to me ..means a lot coming from you .

thankyou

Lin Taylor

who was that man dressed in black with the scarve on his head and all that gold, kept me entertained just watching him

Didn't he change all weekend then - this was him on the Friday night :thumbsup:

CIMG6591.jpg

Only spent a short time in Redemption,good tunes on Sunday night from Mr Banks/Dutton and the mighty Hoss,i found out why they call him Hoss too :thumbsup: Plenty of other stuff in there too but most of the days were spent sleeping/eating and chilling in the chalet and in others too...Many folk spend a large part of the weekend this way,so many people to catch up with from all over the uk and overseas..

The best laugh of the weekend was with Tony Hafield and his good lady,had to go back and change my panties after his little story.. :shades:

Nice to see the bloke with old ladies fanny breath yes.gif and the ladies trying to avoid the kiss from him

What about the pirate in the main room dancefloor/the bloke in the Benny hat who danced for 4 days without a break... Plus all the other creatures of the night who make a weekend what it is.... :lol:

It was nice to take my good lady for her first weekender,if she get out of hospital before Cleethorpes then i am sure we can repeat it :yes:

Spot on steve the first 4 lines without saying,someone thought they spoilt my sunday night by putting a tied up carryabag on my soul bag with a dead rat inside didn't look to carefully it could've been a big mouse.

Cheers Billy P.S top weekender

Guest lolmil

Thought the whole weekend was cooking great :thumbsup: however it did get me thinking a bit and I have come up with a new theory on how the dinosaurs became extinct, nothing to do with meteors, I reckon they attended the first BC weekender in Prestatyn and the fxxking cold killed them :shades:

Loll

Can't believe Olof didn't make the 100 pint mark. What a wussy!

Cracking weekend for me. One of the highlights had to be in the swimming pool about 9.00am sunday when a gang of soulies came in and broke nearly every one of the swimming pool rules (apart from heavy petting). This included stripping down to their undies and jumping in. The poor lifeguards didn't have a clue what to do.

Good to see Alan getting some serious table tennis action in. He wasn't too happy when one of my mates kicked his ass though. He tried to laugh it off and pretend he wasn't bothered, but we all knew it hurt him.

Just the 18 hours in bed for me yesterday and just about recovered now!

Only my 2nd Prestatyn but I find it hard to grumble at 5 rooms of soul for an entire weekend surrounded by like-minded people for 50 beans. Looking forward to next year already.

Spot on steve the first 4 lines without saying,someone thought they spoilt my sunday night by putting a tied up carryabag on my soul bag with a dead rat inside didn't look to carefully it could've been a big mouse.

Cheers Billy P.S top weekender

That's weird, were you near our chalet? 253? There was a huge toy mouse on our lawn :thumbsup:

Hello from Barcelona!

had a great time again!! lovely to see all the people i already knew and met lots of very nice people that i didnt know too..

going again next year for sure.. its my fave weekender :thumbsup: and will try to go in october as well.. i wish we had allnighters - weekenders like those in spain..

Ana

That's weird, were you near our chalet? 253? There was a huge toy mouse on our lawn :thumbsup:

it might sound funny to u karen but it aint to me also saturday night i was pissed off went in the gents toilets to get changed lads in there were throwing used toilet paper at each other i shouted out why wont u f**k up every thing went quiet for a minute and i got a whole load of used toilet paper over my cubicle time i opened the door they were gone soulies don't act like that (outsiders)

Guest dundeedavie

But you did miss a great weekend and you were missed by us :thumbsup:

QoFxx

aww thank you chrissie x , i had a great weekend though dj'ing at the flipside revolution weekend . just not enough of my kinda thing at pressy to keep me occupied

Davie

it might sound funny to u karen but it aint to me also saturday night i was pissed off went in the gents toilets to get changed lads in there were throwing used toilet paper at each other i shouted out why wont u f**k up every thing went quiet for a minute and i got a whole load of used toilet paper over my cubicle time i opened the door they were gone soulies don't act like that (outsiders)

I wasn't being funny Billy, there really was a huge toy mouse on our lawn, I thought for a moment it was the same one. Did you mean yours was a real rodent? That's plain naughty if they did that although I wouldn't say they were outsiders, they were just lads having a laugh, or so they thought :thumbsup:

Im sure Steve will agree that you should check out the flip too " The world needs more people like you" making this 45 a truly great double sider...played it Sun pm radio show,

Regards

David Ferguson

Yes agree 100% - a REAL double sider...and less than £15 too! :thumbsup::shades:

THIS WAS A GREAT WEEKEND, WHICH STARTED EARLY ON THURSDAY.STARTED OFF THE JOURNEY FULL OF VIM AND VIGOUR CAME BACK A SHADOW OF MY FORMER SELF,I HAD A FANTASIC TIME . WHEN YOU SHARE DIGS WITH MESSRS WESTON,RIMMER, AND MILLS YOU KNOW IT'S SOMETHING ELSE.THE COMMENTS ABOUT TOO MANY OLDIES GETTING PLAYED DO,ES RING TRUE TO SOME EXTENT, BUT NOT EVERYONE MAKES IT ON THE THURSDAY,SO ULTIMATELY FRIDAY BREAKS PEOPLE IN SO TO SPEAK. THE MUSIC IN GENERAL WAS FIRST CLASS ,AND VENTURING ON ONE OFF MY MANY TRAVELS COULD'NT HELP NOTICE THAT SAM HAD THE PLACE ROCKIN IN THE MODERN ROOM AND THE SOULFULL HOUSE ARENA WITH ALL THE ENTHUSIASM OF A TEENAGER.THE ARTISTE'S WERE ON TOP FORM ,PHILLIP MITCHELL PERHAPS JUST STOLE THE SHOW, THE GUY'S JUST PURE CLASS.BUT I THOROUGHLY ENJOYED ALL THEIR PERFORMANCE'S.

ONE OF THE TOP HI-LIGHTS AS DAVE SAID IN HIS BLOG ,JOHN WESTON AND KEITH MONEY DOING THEIR STUFF AND ENJOYING EVERY MINUTE WITH ONE AWESOME TUNE AFTER THE OTHER ,SUNDAY NIGHT IN THE VIC . PRICELESS . THANKS EVERYONE FOR A GREAT WEEKEND WOODY

Sounds like a great social and family orientated weekend !

=========================================================

Sure is Simon u should come much better than sittin around a table eatin Jap food

with Mr Levine mind u that was,nt a bad nite either till the bill came :hypo:

=========================================================

Sure is Simon u should come much better than sittin around a table eatin Jap food

with Mr Levine mind u that was,nt a bad nite either till the bill came :hypo:

LOL Ian..that nights gone down in history I think ! I just remember being smoked out by all the cooking for some reason. I would have come this year for sure..accomodation was all sorted ect..and I REALLY wanted to see Dee Dee Sharp ! Unfortunately work kept me away.

Guest geordiebri

Just a few lines to all the people who made this one of the best laughs ever?

To the lads I shared with Ewan, Daz Carr, Harry, Massey, Ricky, Crossa, thanks lads,thats's what it's all about, crying with laughter from start to finish! Also have to mention Gaz Simon, Kev Kane & Wally, you're good people & your crack was spot on.

Musically it was nowt flash, but over the weekend, I'm sure there was something for everybody. This isn't a slur on the organisers, It's impossible to keep all of the people happy, all of the time, but you are doing a good job. Stand out for me was Soul Sam's Sunday Crossover set in the tenty thing, heaven or what? .He even played a record for the Darlo lads. Also the addition of percussion to the modern room, which certainly adds another element to the sound. Close you eyes and you'd think you were in the Paradise Garage!

Socially this is a brilliant occasion & it was great to catch up with people I havn't seen for ages. I did find it quite sad in a way, as I noticed we're all getting older & without the influx of much new young blood there won't be many of these days left, so we should be embracing what we've got left and gving these occasions the gusto they deserve!. Anyway, hopefully I can be recovered for next year & we can do this all over again.

Do yourselves a favour. Make hay while the sunshines! You don't know what you've got until it's gone!

GeordieBri. :lol:

ONE OF THE TOP HI-LIGHTS AS DAVE SAID IN HIS BLOG ,JOHN WESTON AND KEITH MONEY DOING THEIR STUFF AND ENJOYING EVERY MINUTE WITH ONE AWESOME TUNE AFTER THE OTHER ,SUNDAY NIGHT IN THE VIC . PRICELESS . THANKS EVERYONE FOR A GREAT WEEKEND WOODY

NEVER A TRUER WORD!! John and Keith...brilliant dj's who always deliver an exciting and soulful spot!

paul-s :P

me and keith had a great time doin this :unsure: we just seem to click when we double deck.personally had a great weekend right from thursday when mick h forced me back to the chalet and made me drink jack daniels. :lol: only trouble personally for me was havin to share a bed with my mate john mills he snores like an elephant so consequently didnt get much sleep so was forced to stay up all night :lol:

thanx to all the friends i spent time with over the weekend especially woody mr mills,mr rimmer,lyndsey and karen and her lovely daughter lotte :wicked:

anyway still not fully recovered so will climb back into my rockin chair :no:

All Spanish people enjoyed a lot.

Greetings from all of us, I am sure, next year we will go back¡¡

LUCIA AND THE REST OF SPANISH PEOPLE AT PRESTATYN (20 OR MORE)

:lol::wicked:

Guest Byrney

(outsiders)

ooooh it's them there outsiders again...... there be the death of us all

see why your pissed off but can "soulies" not act like twats as well? is it the preserve of the unenlightened ones..

All Spanish people enjoyed a lot.

Greetings from all of us, I am sure, next year we will go back¡¡

LUCIA AND THE REST OF SPANISH PEOPLE AT PRESTATYN (20 OR MORE)

:lol::wicked:

Hi Lucia im in Barcelona tomorrow for 2 weeks and then on to Bilbou for 3 months anything happening over there?

Steve.

I went straight to work Monday, so I'm never going to recover enough for a review.

Here's my 2 cents worth, if anybody's interested:

favourite rooms: House of Soul on Friday night (x-over) and the Lifeline Room on Saturday afternoon. Also great to hear Kenny and Keith again after quite a while - got some dancing in there.

favourite artist/s: Roy Roberts and Dee Dee for her voice

favourite DJ set: Dave Ripolles (again!) - need to remember to book this man :wicked:

favourite idea for 2008: dedicate each room a bit more, including one for those who often get to more than one weekender a month and lots of soul nights between :lol: (eg. a '60's/70's but no RnB' room :no: )

my idea for 2008: leave the rehearsals open to all please. Some of us don't feel comfortable in crowds but want to be close when the artists sing. It's been my biggest buzz many times in the past

most annoying moment1: breaking speed limits to get there by 9pm Friday for radio, only for the other half to be told that his name was a misprint on the programme. An extra pain when you have two spots that night/morning

most annoying moment2: :lol: -> even Sam had never seen this plonker before, and that lad's been around

the main reason I go: the live acts! & catching up with mates from all over the uk and europe, coz most of the DJs I can hear elsewhere

m

Guest Black Gold of the Sun

Didn't he change all weekend then - this was him on the Friday night :lol:

CIMG6591.jpg

Blimey he,s had that gear on since Middleton the other week.I thought it was Apache Indian :lol:

ooooh it's them there outsiders again...... there be the death of us all

see why your pissed off but can "soulies" not act like twats as well? is it the preserve of the unenlightened ones..

Soulies Byrney!!! NEVER we are respectable people who who engage on a strictly non confrontational basis..why say what you think when you can tip toe around the issue making sure sure not to offend anyines delicate feelings...hope i have'nt unbalanced you wang mate???

:lol::lol:

me and keith had a great time doin this :yes: we just seem to click when we double deck.personally had a great weekend right from thursday when mick h forced me back to the chalet and made me drink jack daniels. :lol: only trouble personally for me was havin to share a bed with my mate john mills he snores like an elephant so consequently didnt get much sleep so was forced to stay up all night :unsure:

thanx to all the friends i spent time with over the weekend especially woody mr mills,mr rimmer,lyndsey and karen and her lovely daughter lotte :lol:

anyway still not fully recovered so will climb back into my rockin chair :unsure:

Just like to say what a great weekend we had and also what a brilliant laugh which is what its all about.

Its was really enjoyable being doubled up with John again on Sunday night, The man has some seriously soulfull records and thanks to everybody who was there and has said how much they enjoyed it. Thats the last two years we have done this so hopefully it will become a permenant fixture for the Sunday night.

Too many highlights for me but Friday night in the Tent with Arthur Fenn and the rest of the guys was fantastic. Also Mick H and the rest of the Lifeline boys Saturday afternoon was also a bit special.

With so many different rooms to go to and the Queen Vic if you get bored in one place just go to another room. It is impossible to please everybody but when you think of people no longer with us who should be there like Nigel Shaw it sort of brings it into perspective.

I would just like to end by saying thanks for all the tremendous support I get, And for all the people who stayed up late Sat/Sun morning.I dont take it for granted so thanks very much and see some of you at 100 Club

Keith

Hi Lucia im in Barcelona tomorrow for 2 weeks and then on to Bilbou for 3 months anything happening over there?

Steve.

Hi¡¡ I live in Madrid, and this weekend we have the SMART venue on saturday¡¡¡ I dont know in Barcelona or in Bilbao, but you can ask Ana, the soulie girl, or Jon and Juan Carlos because they live in Barcelona.

Greetings¡¡¡

Luc­a

So good to see you all again...It was so nice when that Spanish lady lost her voice :unsure::unsure::lol:

A great crowd of people indeed.... :lol:

Ja ja ja , yeah, I lost my voice, and I still have the same problem or worse¡¡

Hope to see all of you soon

Greetings¡¡

LUCIA