Disappearing Ebay Items

Don't know if anyone else has found this to be a problem, but a few weeks back I was watching a MINT copy of Jerry Washington NOT listed under Nothen Soul for a stating of $6.99 and just 1 bid. When I looked back the next day, it had disappeared without a trace! The same thing has just happened with the 5 Royales, and I know some of you must have seen this, so speak up if you found that it had disappeared. The curent bid was about $851 (over the top I know), and the high-bidder was Scoot555o_1. I know for a fact Geordie Johnson can definately second the Jerry Washington's disappearance, as he was the one that told me about the item in the first place.

Does anyone know what's going on?

(an unusually mad) Billy :thumbsup:

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Don't know if anyone else has found this to be a problem, but a few weeks back I was watching a MINT copy of Jerry Washington NOT listed under Nothen Soul for a stating of $6.99 and just 1 bid. When I looked back the next day, it had disappeared without a trace! The same thing has just happened with the 5 Royales, and I know some of you must have seen this, so speak up if you found that it had disappeared. The curent bid was about $851 (over the top I know), and the high-bidder was Scoot555o_1. I know for a fact Geordie Johnson can definately second the Jerry Washington's disappearance, as he was the one that told me about the item in the first place.

Does anyone know what's going on?

(an unusually mad) Billy :thumbsup:

link

same as usual billy , people make off ebay offers and the sellers accept .....it's the way of it

Davie

Social source share

Guest Trevski

same as usual billy , people make off ebay offers and the sellers accept .....it's the way of it

Davie

link

Definatly right Davie, It's a fair bet that if something 'dissapears' an offer has been made. I know, 'cos I always make an offer on things I want! 99/100 they say no, but there is always one who will bite- mint Liz Verdi last week for $100 for example. I know it may not be ethicaly correct, but many do it. I have mailed lots of dealers only to be told they have had 20 odd offers already. :tip: If you are gonna try this, don't offer a price, ask them what they will take, you will be surprised how low some of them will be. On the other hand, lots are chancers and ask silly money, but it's worth a go :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest ShaneH

i always try to close the auction. i have less and less luck these days. had some great success though. I dont want to mention the ones I won cos it may have been at the expense of bidders from this forum. :thumbsup:

Shane

Social source share

Davie

link

Yes Davie, but if the seller does end the auction, it does not totally disappear. I know because I've done it both as a bidder and a seller, and it just stayes in watch/sold list as an ended item. The items in question didn't. I had no intentions on bidding on the Five Royales, as I thought the price was absolutely ludicrous, especially given that Manship has a copy for sale at £300, but I was really pissed at the Jerry Washington as I've wanted a copy for years.

Social source share

.....besides (I quote from the description of the Jerry Washington):

"I do not end auctions early. Please do not email me with cash/trade offers. All emails containing offers will be ignored."

...or something along those lines. Otherwise I would have emailed him and offered him a grand :thumbsup:

Edited by billytheboot
Social source share

i always try to close the auction. i have less and less luck these days. had some great success though. I dont want to mention the ones I won cos it may have been at the expense of bidders from this forum.  thumbsup.gif

Shane

link

Same here... "Everybody else" does it - if you can't beat 'em join 'em etc. Most dealers on ebay do in fact say "No!". And a few accept a pre-auction offers. I've been lucky a few times myself. And other times records (that I was prepared to fork out a lot of cash for) simply dissepared without a trace before the ending-time. You win some and you loose some. It's all in the game IMO.

Christian :thumbsup: B

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

.....besides (I quote from the description of the Jerry Washington):

"I do not end auctions early. Please do not email me with cash/trade offers. All emails containing offers will be ignored."

...or something along those lines. Otherwise I would have emailed him and offered him a grand :thumbsup:

link

Why the f**k would you want to offer that much are you mad or something, grand my arse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!