soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 22
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Isn't the "I'll Keep Holding On"-guy the Billy Jones who was active in The Netherlands? Recorded as Billy Jones as well as Billy Jones & Solat. I have a very nice mid 70s 45 by him in a picture sleeve called "You're Gonna Miss Me", issued on the Poker label.

Hmm , wheres Sean gone , we need lable info , deadwax matrix , year , scan of the LP etc etc .. :lol:

Wooohahhahhahahha :lol:

ps. I think it is that Dutch fella though

Edited by Simon M
Social source share

Isn't the "I'll Keep Holding On"-guy the Billy Jones who was active in The Netherlands? Recorded as Billy Jones as well as Billy Jones & Solat. I have a very nice mid 70s 45 by him in a picture sleeve called "You're Gonna Miss Me", issued on the Poker label.

That's the Man.

He was an American GI, Ex Vietnman Vet, who eventually (via Germany) wound up in Holland.

Now... for pity's sake, someone sell me the record (before they all want one!)

:lol:

Scan of the LP.... is here!

All I need now is the real thing!

Best

Sean

post-4120-1174493467_thumb.jpg

Social source share

That's the Man.

He was an American GI, Ex Vietnman Vet, who eventually (via Germany) wound up in Holland.

Now... for pity's sake, someone sell me the record (before they all want one!)

:lol:

Scan of the LP.... is here!

All I need now is the real thing!

Best

Sean

I saw that LP in a Amsterdam record shop off Westerstraat , 2003 :lol: , I bet its still there .

Social source share

I'll keep holding on - billy jones - pink elephant??

16445 refosoul

Tried with this for ages, has its time come??

An old Blake Helliwell spin & a current Orwell spin methinks -where'd ya hear it Seany baby :lol:

First heard it via a Yarmouth tryst between Dave Halsall & Ged Lunt!

45 is dead hard - LP crops up occasionally - last three on ebay have been snapped up by Orwellians :lol:

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

An old Blake Helliwell spin & a current Orwell spin methinks -where'd ya hear it Seany baby :thumbsup:

Steve

Pretty sure it was on your recent CD Steve.

Sent you an email about an hour ago to verify (and cadge a spare!).

Should have known it was a Blake record.

Quality mate!

thumbsup.gif

How much did the Wigan Warriors bag 'em for on eBay?

Sean

Social source share

I'll keep holding on - billy jones - pink elephant??

16445 refosoul

Tried with this for ages, has its time come??

Hi Blake,

Certainly not one for the masses.

But a real cool, grower, I reckon.

Did a compilation of recent CD tracks that I'd obtained for the trip down to Prestatyn and this one kept getting the 'repeat' treatment.

Can I have one, please?

Sean

Social source share

sold a copy of the 45 at Prestatyn, may be able to get another, I was playing this at Steve Catos 'cool Off' about three years ago and played it at Greatstone which alerted the guys there , he was a Dutch citizen (his wife is still living there) yet I think American originally but different guy to US recording Artist. CD available through VOXPOPMUSIC.COM if they have any left. Liner notes will tell you all.

\chris morgan

Social source share

An old Blake Helliwell spin & a current Orwell spin methinks -where'd ya hear it Seany baby :thumbsup:

First heard it via a Yarmouth tryst between Dave Halsall & Ged Lunt!

45 is dead hard - LP crops up occasionally - last three on ebay have been snapped up by Orwellians :rolleyes:

Cheers

Steve

spun by greatstone lads as well on 45 paul and myself have one mine is on decca german i think pauls is on another label, chris morgan put us onto it at cleethorpes 2 years ago i also have another one on poker called get down also a picture cover.

mark

Social source share

sold a copy of the 45 at Prestatyn, may be able to get another, I was playing this at Steve Catos 'cool Off' about three years ago and played it at Greatstone which alerted the guys there , he was a Dutch citizen (his wife is still living there) yet I think American originally but different guy to US recording Artist. CD available through VOXPOPMUSIC.COM if they have any left. Liner notes will tell you all.

\chris morgan

Many thanks Chris.

I was at Prestatyn, but missed that!

Would be very much appreciated if you can.

Cheers

:rolleyes:

Sean

Social source share

cool.gif -->

QUOTE(mark.b @ Mar 21 2007, 09:35 PM) link
spun by greatstone lads as well on 45 paul and myself have one mine is on decca german i think pauls is on another label, chris morgan put us onto it at cleethorpes 2 years ago i also have another one on poker called get down also a picture cover.

mark

Thanks Mark,

Hoping Chris can get one for me too!

Cheers

:rolleyes:

Sean

Social source share

Hi Sean, Indeed Billy Jones was in fact an Ex Serviceman that settled in the Netherlands and brought out some great tracks as for the track your after I may have a spare but don't hold your breath mate as I am not certain that I still have it. Was if my memory serves me well played at Yarmuff around five/six years ago in the lounge by Dave Halsall who put me on to it. Also there was a limited CD put out several years on a limited press by Harry of Hans and Harry fame that came over from Holland to Yarmuff to play the Lounge. I have a copy of this cd and is well worth tracking down. The vinyl LP has some nice tracks on of which are included in the CD. Being a vinyl nut as you know I have the vinyl album as well. All are well worth tracking down. I will have a good look for you on the racks at home to see if I still have a spare mate but I ain't promising anything. As for Mr Helliwell having good taste YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT. See ya both soon mates.

BILLY JONES = BLUE ELEPHANT.

I think the confusion comes from the fact that the label on some of the 45s are coloured PINK but the name on the label is BLUE ELEPHANT.

fdsoul6345789

Edited by fdsoul6345789
Social source share

Hi Sean, Indeed Billy Jones was in fact an Ex Serviceman that settled in the Netherlands and brought out some great tracks as for the track your after I may have a spare but don't hold your breath mate as I am not certain that I still have it. Was if my memory serves me well played at Yarmuff around five/six years ago in the lounge by Dave Halsall who put me on to it. Also there was a limited CD put out several years on a limited press by Harry of Hans and Harry fame that came over from Holland to Yarmuff to play the Lounge. I have a copy of this cd and is well worth tracking down. The vinyl LP has some nice tracks on of which are included in the CD. Being a vinyl nut as you know I have the vinyl album as well. All are well worth tracking down. I will have a good look for you on the racks at home to see if I still have a spare mate but I ain't promising anything. As for Mr Helliwell having good taste YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT. See ya both soon mates.

BILLY JONES = BLUE ELEPHANT.

I think the confusion comes from the fact that the label on some of the 45s are coloured PINK but the name on the label is BLUE ELEPHANT.

fdsoul6345789

Yeah Harry Van Vliet compiled the CD good friend of mine, every likelihood it was spun at Yarmouth some top class tunes got an airing there !! I've got around eight of his 45s , Harry of course has the lot!!

SEAN>>>>>>........I HAVE A COPY FOR YOU CAN YOU PM ME AND DISCUSS DETAILS >>>>CHRIS :huh:

Edited by bearsoul
Social source share

Source Advert