Most active in this topic

Hi there,

does anyone has a spare copy of:

Jay Lyle

How Good Can It Get b/w Heartaches By The Number

Angel City

Cheers,

Rich.

Hi Rich again....lol, i've had a white demo of this superb double - header for over twenty years, not heard either side played anywhere for years, still i don't get out to as many events these days...lol not sure of it's current value? but a supeb record.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Guest Rich Walker

Hi Mark.

You've been a big help this morning. Thanks mate! :thumbsup:

Aww, i've been looking for this record for about 2 years now... can't find it anywhere! :(

You don't fancy selling yours do you?

Thanks again for all your help mate.

All the best,

Rich.

Social source share

Hi Mark.

You've been a big help this morning. Thanks mate! :thumbsup:

Aww, i've been looking for this record for about 2 years now... can't find it anywhere! :(

You don't fancy selling yours do you?

Thanks again for all your help mate.

All the best,

Rich, i do sell records from time to time but tend to keep hold of things as good as this so sorry not for sale...have you tried JM he might have a copy?

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Rich.

Social source share

Guest Simon

My mate Colin has played this out over the last 10 years or so, he reckons it's probably about 50 quid although he said he put it up on Ebay a while back & noone was interested at that price.

I just spoke to him about it & i think he now wants to keep it, if he changes his mind Richard i'll let you know.

Think it's one of those that although it isn't massively expensive is still nonetheless quite hard to find.

Really rate both sides btw.

Simon :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Rich Walker

Cheers Mark,

It was worth a go! :thumbsup: LoL.

Yeah, 'fraid i have, also had it as a favourtite search on the bay for quite a while... still no joy though.

Thanks,

Rich.

Social source share

My mate Colin has played this out over the last 10 years or so, he reckons it's probably about 50 quid although he said he put it up on Ebay a while back & noone was interested at that price.

I just spoke to him about it & i think he now wants to keep it, if he changes his mind Richard i'll let you know.

Think it's one of those that although it isn't massively expensive is still nonetheless quite hard to find.

Really rate both sides btw.

Simon, that does surprise me that your pal failed to get an offer at fifty quid, like i said i'm unsure of the current book price on this but reckon someone should have ripped his hand off at that price? bargain springs to mind at that price...lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Guest Rich Walker

Thanks Simon,

Boooger, that one must have slipped by my favourite searches...

Cheers for all your help guys.

Rich.

Social source share

Guest Simon

I'm not sure exactly when he listed it as he was a bit vague but it was probably in the last year, i think he was under the impression it didn't sell because maybe it's not that well known.

I always used to dance to it when he played it out, really good NS imo!

Social source share

Guest Johnny Mack

Richard,

Have always liked this one myself - was a reasonably priced collectors record in the seventies and numerous copies came into the UK from the LA and SF dealers - I think it suffered because of the number of top quality records being discovered at the same time; plus it has a slight RnB edge which didnt quite fit in with most peoples taste, at that time.

I played it a couple of weeks ago in the house and have got to agree that it sounds pretty good today !

I'm sure you'll turn one up at a reasonable price if you keep looking.

Take care

John

Social source share

We used to have this in quanity in the late 70s but those sold out years ago.. for about £5 each.

The last copy we had was over 12 months ago and sold very quickly @ £100..

2 fabulous sides ... 1966 Los Angeles release.. I might be able to find one, in stock to process; if £100 works for you, i'll check it out for you...

Social source share

PLAYED IT AT LOWTON in the DDA room it went down a storm .. afew come up too see what it was..

thumbsup.gif steve T

One of them was me Steve, and I've got the bloomin' thing.....just couldn't remember who it was at the time whistling.gif .....it certainly sounded the business tho' and deserves more plays....both sides :thumbsup:

Good Luck in your quest Rich :thumbsup:

Derek.

Edited by DelTee
Social source share

One of them was me Steve, and I've got the bloomin' thing.....just couldn't remember who it was at the time whistling.gif .....it certainly sounded the business tho' and deserves more plays....both sides :yes:

Good Luck in your quest Rich :yes:

Derek.

hi derek great to meet you at the dda .... hope to see you at lowton this time??

or maybe dublin 21st april...?? or even amlwch north wales 28th april

best

steve T :lol:

Social source share

hi derek great to meet you at the dda .... hope to see you at lowton this time??

or maybe dublin 21st april...?? or even amlwch north wales 28th april

best

steve T :D

Cheers Steve, the feeling is mutual.... always checkin' what's on...heard good things about Amlwch, have to get me map out... can't make Lowton this time but deffo got to get up north again, sooner rather than later...not getting any younger :thumbsup: ,enjoy what'll no doubt be a great night in the DDA.....

Derek.

Social source share