Soul Twins & Gloria Jones Originals

macca

GLORIA JONES - TAINTED LOVE - CHAMPION

SOUL TWINS - QUICK CHANGE ARTIST

For a mate who's starting out on the collecting lark. he's bought these two records & I suspect they're boots. could somebody let me have scans plus matrix info etc please?

TVM

M

Social source share

• Replies 14
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest mel brat

here they are. look suspicious to me, but as I've never owned either of the records, I'm not sure. having a problem uploading. will be back...

My Gloria Jones is a styrene copy, though perhaps it came out on vinyl too, I dunno.

Social source share

GLORIA JONES - TAINTED LOVE - CHAMPION

SOUL TWINS - QUICK CHANGE ARTIST

For a mate who's starting out on the collecting lark. he's bought these two records & I suspect they're boots. could somebody let me have scans plus matrix info etc please?

TVM

M

here they are. look suspicious to me, but as I've never owned either of the records, I'm not sure. having a problem uploading. will be back...

post-122-1174594609_thumb.jpg-post-122-1174594617_thumb.jpg

Basically the scans below of Tainted Love & A Touch Of Venus" are the Label Variations to look out for.

The Deadwax tells all if in Doubt as they are Matrix Stamped with a Delta Number.

Tainted Love - Gloria Jones - Champion -

Champion_14003b_DJ.jpg-Vinyl-Monarch Stamped Delta # 56960X

Champion_14003b.jpg-Styrene-Monarch Stamped Delta # 56960X

The Touch Of Venus - Sandy Wynns - Champion -

Champion_C-14001a.jpg-Vinyl-Monarch Stamped Delta #

Social source share

post-122-1174594609_thumb.jpg-post-122-1174594617_thumb.jpg

This is just one of the Label Variations for the Quick Change Artist Stock Copy on Karen,

The DEMO also comes in different designs. and are Original.

Give The Man A Chance - Soul Twins -

Karen_45-1533b.jpg

Karen_45-1533a_DJ.jpg

This is just one of the Label Variations for Quick Change Artist on Karen, The DEMO also comes in different designs. and they are Original.

The Following scans are from Popsike.com

4044206876.jpg4007105827.jpg

110072115910.jpg

As Pete has already mentioned it was Re-Issued on Karen and that is the copy in your scan.

post-122-1174594617_thumb.jpg

Social source share

according to JM there's a vinyl counterfeit that reproduces the 1964 styrene west coast press label design. would this be the vinyl boot then?

It could be, is it on Vinyl ? & have you checked the Deadwax. :thumbsup:

---------------* Boot *

Champion_14003b_B_G.jpg

---------------* Boot *

This is one of the first Boots and it is on Vinyl.

It then came out on Various Colours, Including Purple, Red & Black shades.gif

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

thanks a lot alot guys, wonderful info. just waiting for my mate to confirm the gloria jones. I fear the worst. the seller was ejklewis on ebay. no mention of orig or boot in item description, & my mate bit, but once bitten, twice shy, as the saying goes...

M

p.s. expensive too. 25 quid each!!

Social source share

Guest mel brat

i have a red dj copy of gloria jones and after reading this thread i strongly assume its a boot ?

Styrene copy of Gloria Jones is safest bet I'd say, unless you really know what's what.

(Sadly, many people don't realise the Northern records they bought for .80p back in the '70s are almost certainly bootlegs!) How I hate the damned things! :thumbsup:

Edited by mel brat
Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

my copy and sorry no scan of it, but should scan to add here is on purple coloured label. to think of this is making the original harder to tell compared to some of the other records.

Social source share

It was I who purchased these on ebay. I can confirm that the Gloria does have AZ scratched in the deadwax as described by hippo. Bit pissed off by disingenuous nature of vendor on that one but only have myself to blame as I just dived at it as the auction was closing in 20mins! The Soul Twins (£20) I watched for a while and chose to pass up a chance to bid instead on an original demo for 5 times the price so am not too fussed so long as the reproductive quality of the disc is undiminished (unlike the Gloria).

I recently whittled down the 1,000 or so Northern tracks I have acquired on cds over the years to a hitlist of 60 tracks and was just guilty of ticking them off. The 15 others I have acquired this month have mostly been sourced in the States from respectable dealers (who don't sell bootlegs and highlight any re-issues).

Thanks again for everyone's responses.

Cheers

BG

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!