Shrine Related Group Harmony 45

Guest uroffal

Guest uroffal

Thought you might like to hear this, it's The Statlers on Sue. Recorded in 1968 (or so I understand) and was written by Keni St. Lewis (Cairos and Enjoyables) and Bob Bateman (who also arranged it). I'm told it's actually The Enjoyables of Shrine fame recording under a different name some 2 years after their Shrine outing 'Shame' (although I can find no mention of it in any Shrine literature, in fact it's believed that The Enjoyables split almost immediately after Shrine folded).

Can anyone confirm?

Anyway, was hoping for a blinding unknown and what I've got is a pleasant enough group harmony single, but thought it might be of interest to some ...

Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest uroffal

forgot to add that the records for sale if anyone's interested it's a white demo with nice clean labels and a few light surface scratches (VG+/VG++). PM or email UROFFAL@AOL.COM and make me an offer

Social source share

Guest uroffal

forgot to add that the records for sale if anyone's interested it's a white demo with nice clean labels and a few light surface scratches (VG+/VG++). PM or email UROFFAL@AOL.COM and make me an offer

It appears I need to clarify why I'm asking for offers: this is not because I believe the record to be rare. The opposite is probably true; however, rather than ask for £X for it I thought I'd ask for offers based on the fact that someone might be interested in the record. It's pretty unlikely, given that it's no more than a pleasant group harmony single, that anyone would offer more than £20 anyway!

Edited by uroffal
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!