• Replies 7
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

A few questions about this tune:

Is this really Tommy Tate?

What's the record it's supposed to share a backing track with?

Does it have any value?

If so, what's the difference between black and blue issues?

Cheers,

Godz

link

Hi there, i have black issue and it doesnt mention Imperial Showband, there are a couple of releases on Musicor that are by IS and I have read they are definitely Tommy Tate.

I thought it was confirmed (by TT) that the verve 45 was him, anyone confirm that is not just my imagination, its hard to tell from that side, but listening to the flip side which I also like, its a bit more like his Koko sides vocally, however still suggest its not clear from voice alone its him

Not sure of value 30 to 40 max, suppose there may be interest from Japan for TT collectors but not sure, have seen more blue ones I think, but to be honest not sure of rarest.

Not much help in other words! wink.gif

Cheers

Jock

Social source share

Hi there, i have black issue and it doesnt mention Imperial Showband, there are a couple of releases on Musicor that are by IS and I have read they are definitely Tommy Tate.

I thought it was confirmed (by TT) that the verve 45 was him, anyone confirm that is not just my imagination, its hard to tell from that side, but listening to the flip side which I also like, its a bit more like his Koko sides vocally, however still suggest its not clear from voice alone its him

Not sure of value 30 to 40 max, suppose there may be interest from Japan for TT  collectors but not sure, have seen more blue ones I think, but to be honest not sure of rarest.

Not much help in other words!  wink.gif

Cheers

Jock

link

Thanks Jock. I'm sure I read in one of Tim Brown's comics that it is Tate. I think that's where I got the shared backing track business from too.

I have a black and blue issue and they both credit Imperial Showband so maybe it got pressed a number of times.

I like the flip too "If You're Looking For a Fool" Same as David King Thomas of "Invstigate" fame. Same writers on each side of both records too.

Anyone else provide more info?

Cheers,

Godz

Social source share

Thanks Jock. I'm sure I read in one of Tim Brown's comics that it is Tate. I think that's where I got the shared backing track business from too.

I have a black and blue issue and they both credit Imperial Showband so maybe it got pressed a number of times.

I like the flip too "If You're Looking For a Fool" Same as David King Thomas of "Invstigate" fame. Same writers on each side of both records too.

Anyone else provide more info?

Cheers,

Godz

link

It is the real Tate on this - he was brought in by Tommy Whitsett to sing on those sides - full explanation on this exists on the southern soul yahooo group somewhere, posted from Tommy's son as I recall.

Social source share

It has a similar backing and arrangement as Dusty Wilson "It's Gonna Be A Tragedy" on Mutt. It definitely does not sound like the same identical backing to me though. Similar, but not the same.

Social source share

It has a similar backing and arrangement as Dusty Wilson "It's Gonna Be A Tragedy" on Mutt. It definitely does not sound like the same identical backing to me though. Similar, but not the same.

link

That's the one! Thanks Christian.

Soundfile for comparison anyone?

Godz

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!