Business Is Business But

• Replies 18
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest ShaneH

Kings Hall Stoke on Trent, Queens Hall Stoke on Trent, virtually same venue but on the same doorstep come on lads get talking. Its like saying Wigan, Station Road, Wigan 1, Lower Station Road, I'm suprised this hasn't been mentioned earlier.

Cheers

Billy

link

Not really Billy, look at the line-up of DJ''s. Its like chalk and cheese mate. Totally different music policy.

I imagine a lot of people will go to both but there will be a good percentage who will either go with the oldies or the new alternative.

Shane

Social source share

Kings Hall Stoke on Trent, Queens Hall Stoke on Trent, virtually same venue but on the same doorstep come on lads get talking. Its like saying Wigan, Station Road, Wigan 1, Lower Station Road, I'm suprised this hasn't been mentioned earlier.

Cheers

Billy

link

It was mentioned (by me), I thought the same as you at first glance, I removed the post immediately when it was pointed out though...

Social source share

I imagine a lot of people will go to both but there will be a good percentage who will either go with the oldies or the new alternative.

So not many will go to both then Shane. Where will the bad percentage go ? wink.gif

Social source share

Guest ShaneH

So not many will go to both then Shane. Where will the bad percentage go ? :P

link

bad ones go to Stoke then.

wink.gif

Shane

Edited by ShaneH
Social source share

Cheers

Billy

link

Nothing new this Billy.... lots of towns/cities have more than one nite/niter running....

Healthy competition is good.... it's often if there's any politics behind it that will and does piss people off....

People will make their choice in this instance.... the nucleus of people in each may be the same as on different nites.... but with "oldies" fans making up the numbers at Kings.... and those that prefer "something a bit different" making the numbers up at Queens.... both tastes catered for wink.gif ....

Social source share

It was mentioned (by me), I thought the same as you at first glance, I removed the post immediately when it was pointed out though...

link

Sorry about that Pete I have only been on here a few months, this is how I see it, to me its like Kev being kicked in the teeth. I'm not too sure who this promoter is is he soul related or basically in it for the money? Whatever all the best, thats like Kev opening an all nighter down Oxford Street, I wouldn't think Mr Crowsdale would be too happy. Yet Kev hasn't said anything, thats the sort of geezer he is.

Cheers

Billy

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

to me its like Kev being kicked in the teeth....... is he soul related or basically in it for the money.... wink.gif   :P   :D

Yet Kev hasn't said anything, thats the sort of geezer he is.

link

Maybe his jaw hurts?

Social source share

Sorry about that Pete I have only been on here a few months, this is how I see it, to me its like Kev being kicked in the teeth. I'm not too sure who this promoter is is he soul related or basically in it for the money? Whatever all the best, thats like Kev opening an all nighter down Oxford Street, I wouldn't think Mr Crowsdale would be too happy. Yet Kev hasn't said anything, thats the sort of geezer he is.

Cheers

Billy

link

==============

Billy,

Kev did comment when Pete put up the thread, which was about a month ago. Think he said he didn't really have a problem. I'm sure one of the others who are more computer proficient, can post up a link so you can have a look.

Winnie:-)

Social source share

==============

Billy,

Kev did comment when Pete put up the thread, which was about a month ago. Think he said he didn't really have a problem. I'm sure one of the others who are more computer proficient, can post up a link so you can have a look.

link

Cheers Winston, I must of missed that post, I am not the only one who is saying that, there is quite a few out there, saying its poaching.

At the end of the day, if the venues don't clash on the same night, and the music is good, best of luck. Billy

Social source share

I'm not too sure who this promoter is

link

Are you saying you've never heard of the New Century Soul Club ?

is he soul related or basically in it for the money?

link

You mean Kev doesn't actually make any money from his allnighters then.

Yet Kev hasn't said anything, thats the sort of geezer he is.

Cheers

Billy

link

That's because he's been on holiday since the day of Derek Allen's funeral.

Having said that, there's not much that Kev can say, whilst he has the King's Hall (presumebly) on an exclusive contract, any other venue will be available for hire. That's the way it goes, but as has already been pointed out, the DJ's and music policy are different, so will attract different people. Especially as Kev doesn't have the Kings Hall on until a full six weeks after the Queens Hall, which is actually in Burslem.

Social source share

Cheers

Billy

link

"Soul related or basically in it for the money?" Er, some ask that question about the Kings Hall promoter! wink.gif

I gather from another thread that the reason Kev hasn't said anything is that he is away :P

Social source share

Guest Chris Waterman

Cheers Winston, I must of missed that post, I am not the only one who is saying that, there is quite a few out there, saying its poaching.

At the end of the day, if the venues don't clash on the same night, and the music is good, best of luck. Billy

link

Billy

New Century Soul is the promotion behind the Queens Hall Burslem and i was invited by Mace a local Stoke promoter to a get involved, different town, different months and different DJ line ups.

Yes i promote for a living and like a lot of people on this forum make my living from Northern Soul but first and foremost it is a passion.

As a promoter/soulie who is out nearly every weekend nationwide i believe its all about choice.

Poaching I think not

regards

Chris W

Social source share

Are you saying you've never heard of the New Century Soul Club ?

You mean Kev doesn't actually make any money from his allnighters then.

That's because he's been on holiday since the day of Derek Allen's funeral.

Having said that, there's not much that Kev can say, whilst he has the King's Hall (presumebly) on an exclusive contract, any other venue will be available for hire. That's the way it goes, but as has already been pointed out, the DJ's and music policy are different, so will attract different people. Especially as Kev doesn't have the Kings Hall on until a full six weeks after the Queens Hall, which is actually in Burslem.

link

looks like you just beat me to it there mate wink.gif

Dave

Social source share

Cheers

Billy

link

===============

Billy,

here's what Kev said to the original thread.....bout a month ago.

=======

Pete,

I have run the Kings Hall, Stoke All Nighter for 8 years, so I can't possibly comment.

Kev

==========

So he's well aware, and not worried about it seemingly

Social source share

Billy

New Century Soul is the promotion behind the Queens Hall Burslem and i was invited by Mace a local Stoke promoter to a get involved, different town, different months and different DJ line ups.

Yes i promote for a living and like a lot of people on this forum make my living from Northern Soul but first and foremost it is a passion.

As a promoter/soulie who is out nearly every weekend nationwide i believe its all about choice.

Poaching I think not

regards

Chris W

link

I was out of order using the word poaching looking forward to one of your venues in the near future.

Billy sad.gif

Social source share

Guest Chris Waterman

I was out of order using the word poaching looking forward to one of your venues in the near future.

Billy sad.gif

link

Billy

I appreciate that, thank you

Regards

Chris W

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!