Please Recommend Xover/70's C D Albums

Guest Jamie

Guest Jamie

Hope some of you can help me here.

I'm off work decorating, and have Marvin Gaye 'What's Going On?' on continuous loop.

As perfect and amazing as it is, I need some other albums in a similar vein; late 60's early 70's mid-tempo stuff.

They also need to be easily available via the internet.

Actually, I've also had Curtis Mayfield 'Curtom Years' on too, which is nice :D

I'll keep checking in between coats of paint :yes:

Cheers,

Jamie :thumbsup:

(What's Going On? best album ever, surely?)

Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hope some of you can help me here.

I'm off work decorating, and have Marvin Gaye 'What's Going On?' on continuous loop.

As perfect and amazing as it is, I need some other albums in a similar vein; late 60's early 70's mid-tempo stuff.

They also need to be easily available via the internet.

Actually, I've also had Curtis Mayfield 'Curtom Years' on too, which is nice :D

I'll keep checking in between coats of paint :D

Cheers,

Jamie :thumbsup:

(What's Going On? best album ever, surely?)

You can get a copy of Gil Scott Heron's Pieces of a man on CD from Amazon for around a fiver. Worth having even if you already have the Lp I think :yes:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pieces-Man-Gil-Sco...4578&sr=8-3

Social source share

Guest MARTIN SNOW

Have almost all of the Curtis Mayfield Reissued Curtom LP's on CD in stock, unplayed at a tenner a throw, with discount available if buying a number of different titles.

email : martin.safesounds@btinternet.com

thanks martin snow.

Social source share

Have almost all of the Curtis Mayfield Reissued Curtom LP's on CD in stock, unplayed at a tenner a throw, with discount available if buying a number of different titles.

email : martin.safesounds@btinternet.com

thanks martin snow.

Jamie you will get them much cheaper than this if you search online, dont know if you live near a fOPP but again they will be cheaper than this.

I will PM you tomorrow, happy to run some off for you, still to do Mr Buckley a couple of new CD's so will get to them also.

Cheers

Jock

Social source share

Guest Jamie

J. R. Bailey - Just Me 'n' You is a fantasic LP in a similar style to What's Going On. :D

Blimey! What a fantastic album! :thumbsup:

Hasn't been off since it turned up this morning.

Noticed a few familiar names in the sleeve notes; good work fellas!

Jamie :D

Social source share

Guest Jamie

Cheers everyone.

Gonna work my way through them.... when I get paid next :shades:

I've got a spare brush/roller if anyone fancies helping? Upstairs is done, now for the kitchen... :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest MARTIN SNOW

Jamie you will get them much cheaper than this if you search online, dont know if you live near a fOPP but again they will be cheaper than this.

I will PM you tomorrow, happy to run some off for you, still to do Mr Buckley a couple of new CD's so will get to them also.

Cheers

Jock

I CAN'T BELIEVE I JUST READ THAT. YOU'RE WELL OUT OF ORDER POSTING THE ABOVE, I HAVE NEVER SEEN ONE OF THAT NATURE BEFORE ANYWHERE.

FIRSTLY WHEN I POST UP I HAVE ITEMS FOR SALE AT A REASONABLE PRICE, I DON'T EXPECT SOMEONE TO DIRECT A POTENTIAL CUSTOMER ELSEWHERE "IN PUBLIC". SEND A PM BY ALL MEANS.

HAVE YOU EVER SEEN ANY OTHER MEMBERS ON HERE POSTING IN THE WANTS SECTION "I'LL DO IT CHEAPER" DIRECTLY BENEATH OTHER SELLERS LISTINGS ?

HOW ABOUT IF I SEE A 45 FOR SALE ON THIS SITE, I DIRECTLY POST UP AN EBAY LINK BELOW AND SAY "BID ON THIS COPY YOU MIGHT GET IT CHEAPER, DON'T BUY HIS".

NOT FORGETTING "HAPPY TO RUN SOME OFF FOR YOU."

THANKS FOR DEMONSTRATING A TOTAL LACK OF RESPECT. MARTIN SNOW

Social source share

I CAN'T BELIEVE I JUST READ THAT. YOU'RE WELL OUT OF ORDER POSTING THE ABOVE, I HAVE NEVER SEEN ONE OF THAT NATURE BEFORE ANYWHERE.

FIRSTLY WHEN I POST UP I HAVE ITEMS FOR SALE AT A REASONABLE PRICE, I DON'T EXPECT SOMEONE TO DIRECT A POTENTIAL CUSTOMER ELSEWHERE "IN PUBLIC". SEND A PM BY ALL MEANS.

HAVE YOU EVER SEEN ANY OTHER MEMBERS ON HERE POSTING IN THE WANTS SECTION "I'LL DO IT CHEAPER" DIRECTLY BENEATH OTHER SELLERS LISTINGS ?

HOW ABOUT IF I SEE A 45 FOR SALE ON THIS SITE, I DIRECTLY POST UP AN EBAY LINK BELOW AND SAY "BID ON THIS COPY YOU MIGHT GET IT CHEAPER, DON'T BUY HIS".

NOT FORGETTING "HAPPY TO RUN SOME OFF FOR YOU."

THANKS FOR DEMONSTRATING A TOTAL LACK OF RESPECT. MARTIN SNOW

I only did it to annoy you.

Oh and I think you were taking advantage of Jamie with anything but reasonable prices as well so I thought I would shame you in public, does that ring any bells?.......

Why shouldn't I run off some crossover/70's cds, Are you telling me in your world you dont get CD's off people to help you decide what to buy???? WTF are you on? I assume you pay the appropriate artists rights on all the records you sell?

Your continuing fight to preserve all that is right in this soul world is touching, your hypocrisy is not.

No more banter please, thanks, my inner zen is getting damaged so now intend to shut my eyes whenever I see your name on a post!

Edited by jocko
Social source share

Guest biggray1

Check out BBE WEBSITE..Their cds are reduced and you can pick up Keb Darges Compilations cheap and they are all good even the funk comps are great to hear..IMO Ofcourse, Gray

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!