Mary Wells " My Baby Just Cares For Me " Lp

• Replies 18
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Just found a copy of this Mary Wells Tamla Motown album , is it a rare one as I haven't seen it before .It's only vg but plays well .Best Wishes ,Eddie

Yes, only came out on UK. Came out as different title (My Guy) and not so good cover in the USA but same set of songs.

Fab on the UK issue, great cover!!!

Also, look out for Marvin Gaye & Kim Weston - 'It Takes Two' UK release l.p....far superior cover than the bland USA one!

Social source share

Yes, only came out on UK. Came out as different title (My Guy) and not so good cover in the USA but same set of songs.

Fab on the UK issue, great cover!!!

Also, look out for Marvin Gaye & Kim Weston - 'It Takes Two' UK release l.p....far superior cover than the bland USA one!

Thanks for the info , yes it's a brilliant cover , haven't seen that Marvin and Kim UK cover , I've got the USA one - great set....Best ,Eddie

Social source share

Thanks for the info , yes it's a brilliant cover , haven't seen that Marvin and Kim UK cover , I've got the USA one - great set....Best ,Eddie

Basically, Marvin & Kim are actually sitting in the chairs, as opposed to two empty seats!

I do normally collect USA L.Ps, but these 2 albums are just better in the UK format.

Social source share

Thanks for that Philippe!! Great stuff.

Here in France, we had some very nice EP's, but in England you had some great LP's with unique covers, like Jimmy Ruffin

250054771743.jpg

wich is the equivalent of the US "Sings top Ten".

For me the most beautiful UK Motown LP : Brenda Holloway "The artistry" :

4887904656.jpg

Social source share

I remember reading that some American record companies were not keen on putting black artists on record covers in the 50`s & 60`s , this may be the reason the UK market has different covers for the same artists lps.

Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

Mary Wells LP is great just not got it on vinyl mine is on a cd with another one of her albums 2 on 1 cd's Motown were good at that.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert