Posted Images

Guest enchantedrythm

k

dunno it meself but

shows as a nella dodds acetate on plays on skm site

hope helps

mike

link

CHEERS MATE WAS BEGINING TO THINK I,D IMAGINED IT,GREAT SOFT YET DEEP GIRLIE SOUND.LOVE N SOUL TO YOU AND YOURS.K.

Social source share

Guest enchantedrythm

there's a shirelles song called Soldier boy - is it the same song?

link

hi wendy,no its definately not shirelles been there and its crap.Anyway shifty's a true conniseur,unlikely he would ever play that.Its not nella's Honey boy either thats crap too.I've only heard it a couple of times shifty done a guest spot on a sunday mr searling show some 5 xmas's ago and played it as nella dodd's Soldier boy whether its a c/o Idont know.Some months later mr shiftit was djing up in the top room @ trentham I asked him to play it 'by that name',being a dance addict rather than a vinyl junkie I didnt go into one about it with him, wish Ihad though cos now he's in retirement and no one seems to know it.. Brilliant record as I remember soft midtempo backing giving it a later dating than the distortion of its production suggests....anyway Shifty if yer out there lovey let go of your zimovane'you've been framed' and put this girl out of 'er misery

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

hi wendy,no its definately not shirelles been there and its crap.Anyway shifty's a true conniseur,unlikely he would ever play that.Its not nella's Honey boy either thats crap too.I've only heard it a couple of times shifty done a guest spot on a sunday mr searling show some 5 xmas's ago and played it as nella dodd's Soldier boy whether its a c/o Idont know.Some months later mr shiftit was djing up in the top room @ trentham I asked him to play it 'by that name',being a dance addict rather than a vinyl junkie I didnt go into one about it with him, wish Ihad though cos now he's in retirement and no one seems to know it..    Brilliant record as I remember soft midtempo backing giving it a later dating than the distortion of its production suggests....anyway Shifty if yer out there lovey let go of your zimovane'you've been framed' and put this girl out of 'er misery

link

It is U/R Nella Dodds. It's a virtue studio acetate that just says "Soldier Boy" which Alan still owns.

Social source share

• 10 months later...
Guest James Trouble

Just found this topic through a google search trying to find info about it myself and although the topic was started 10 months ago I saw that enchantedrythm has been on line in the past few days so thought I'd cough up.

I now have the record, I assume the real name is Nella Dodds but the name seem written on the label in different hand writing to the names of the tracks. I've posted the sound files of both sides:

Soldier Boy

How Will I Know

:rolleyes:

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

Got 'soldier boy' on a CD brilliant record! always thought it was the flip on Brenda Starrs 'satan let me sleep' slighly disapointed when i got one and fliped it over and it wasn't the 'nella dodds' version, never mind not a bad straight swap for hank jacobs :rolleyes:

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Not difficult to see why they were never released...

Thanks for that wonderful insight Pete, if you get any more useful information let us know. :rolleyes:

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

Thanks for that wonderful insight Pete, if you get any more useful information let us know. :rolleyes:

Ooooh, handbag! :shhh:

Soul content: Lamont Dozier - Fish Ain't Bitin'

Does anyone know who bought the other copy of this acetate?

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

Oh sorry. I was wrong. Those are the best two unreleased tracks I have ever heard and I am AMAZED that they were never released. There is no justice in this world.

Stinky fibber, I hope that reindeer pisses on your carpet.

Social source share

Guest Phil Richards

quote name='Pete-S' date='Nov 25 2005, 07:31 PM' post='211529']

Oh sorry. I was wrong. Those are the best two unreleased tracks I have ever heard and I am AMAZED that they were never released. There is no justice in this world.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!