• Views 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest enchantedrythm

Great stuff this

-we are learning- sat here being mellowed to such tunes as :

LUCKY FELLOW - Maurice Jackson-candle-lite also on Lakeside but the production is totaly different although they seem to use the same sound tracks but much different in the mix. Hi Fi fans note Candle light version is the one to own. Another version also by Leroy Hutson on L.P. Interesting fact also on this for anoraks the same 'lady' chorus that sings us in to 'lucky fellow' also appears on Leroy's second L.P 'The Man'-track to check, amongst others is 'cant say enough about Mom'- Ella Weez also appears.

The Constellations-Tear it up baby-Smash

Same group as Constellations on Gemi ni, also two records on Sonday, one recent airplay somewhere or other, anyway tear it up just tear's

Lou Rawls-When love goes wrong-Capital (Keb Darge featured this on one of his un-misable C.D's- and i thought i was IT as finding this little gem a few years ago) advise on our unknowing.

Cleveland Robinson-Boy-Nosnibor

(remember 'Love is a Trap) (What about the other side of 'Boy'?'' Somebody to love')

The other half said to me the other day that this toone reminded her of the Snake-Al wilson- but with some added extra, and something taken away; Anyway she's right this is a fanatics 'Snake'

Flip is a great sound called Somebody to love, smoochers delight; On two different coloured labels this one-light blue and pink, both apparently issued at the same time for the same market in down south U.S, New Orleans area. Or corrections greatly received.

Every good modern record thats a BROKEN one is one of the most offensive captions i've ever seen on this site, so there must be scores out there who diss this statement every time they turn on.Well maybe education is the only way;

What about,

Rumpus-My loves gonna get ya-Dash

There's 1000's of toones that deny that caption every time- lets teach eh!

SEE TOMORROW- NEW TOPIC - REVIEW YOUR OWN or some hard hitting title that captures visits.

More downloads please if poss.

Great stuff.

Social source share

Great stuff this

LUCKY FELLOW - Maurice Jackson-candle-lite also on Lakeside but the production is totaly different although they seem to use the same sound tracks but much different in the mix. Hi Fi fans note Candle light version is the one to own. Another version also by Leroy Hutson on L.P. Interesting fact also on this for anoraks the same 'lady' chorus that sings us in to 'lucky fellow' also appears on Leroy's second L.P 'The Man'-track to check, amongst others is 'cant say enough about Mom'- Ella Weez also appears.

link

Have discussed this before (think on this forum, aswell as out and about)

certain the Candelite and Lakeside are bang the same version just different label releases? The different version of this track is on the "Independents" LP (Maurice Jackson again on lead vocal) the only real difference is that the superb backing Soprano Girls are not on the LP version.

Social source share

• 1 year later...

(remember 'Love is a Trap) (What about the other side of 'Boy'?'' Somebody to love')

The other half said to me the other day that this toone reminded her of the Snake-Al wilson- but with some added extra, and something taken away; Anyway she's right this is a fanatics 'Snake'

Flip is a great sound called Somebody to love, smoochers delight; On two different coloured labels this one-light blue and pink, both apparently issued at the same time for the same market in down south U.S, New Orleans area. Or corrections greatly received.

There are 4 known releases of Boy, each one a different take. The first release is a ballad then the second and best IMO is the 106 version which has a Light Blue label with "let it be me" on the flip.

Then the two later releases are both backed by "somebody to love". One is Pink which is similar to 106 however with a harmonica the other has a White label which is funkier.

I can't remember what "let it be me" is like, will play it later and let you know if it's any good or not.

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

For the crossover/modern folks - Noah on Candy-Stix seems to me like a potensial "future monster".

All credit to Mr. Andy Dyson on this one. One to watch. Just wait until Soul Sam picks up a copy

Cheers,

Christian B

Soul Sam's had a few and sold them on Christian, must admit to not being overly enamoured of this one personally

Social source share

Staying on the soul/cartoon links, don't forget Patrice Holloway was one of Josie's Pussycats!

Here Neil! Here`s another on Hanna Barbera, dunno if you know it...Cracking record ( imo) bought it for a tenner! Pretty unknown.Or is it?

GERRI DIAMOND- MAMA YOU FORGOT-HBR

Got quite a few of these cheapies, I`m just waitin for an opportunity to break `em..(some might say literally :shades: ). Anyone know this?

Edited by The Soul Intention
Social source share

Here Neil! Here`s another on Hanna Barbera, dunno if you know it...Cracking record ( imo) bought it for a tenner! Pretty unknown.Or is it?

GERRI DIAMOND- MAMA YOU FORGOT-HBR

Got quite a few of these cheapies, I`m just waitin for an opportunity to break `em..(some might say literally :shades: ). Anyone know this?

Yes

Social source share

Remember this one being spun reguarly down south some 15 or so years ago 100 club 'flash in the pan'.would be surprised if it wasnt played at Stafford.

Hi Bennie Turner and the Armorettes,Ching ching wong is the "B" side to No more crying ,a nice mid-tempo tune IMO(sorry can't do sound snippets)Skymac label out of Newark N.J. Both sides penned by "Turner/Schaeffer" and both sides arranged by one Robert Banks.Have played both sides at the Greatstone.ATB STeve

Social source share

Guest sydney bridge

Great stuff this

The Constellations-Tear it up baby-Smash

Same group as Constellations on Gemi ni, also two records on Sonday, one recent airplay somewhere or other, anyway tear it up just tear's

Lou Rawls-When love goes wrong-Capital (Keb Darge featured this on one of his un-misable C.D's- and i thought i was IT as finding this little gem a few years ago) advise on our unknowing.

Every good modern record thats a BROKEN one is one of the most offensive captions i've ever seen on this site, so there must be scores out there who diss this statement every time they turn on.Well maybe education is the only way;

What about,

Rumpus-My loves gonna get ya-Dash

There's 1000's of toones that deny that caption every time- lets teach eh!

SEE TOMORROW- NEW TOPIC - REVIEW YOUR OWN or some hard hitting title that captures visits.

More downloads please if poss.

Great stuff.

always been a fan fan of leroy hutson,then i heard the maurice jackson version on radio ,thanks for letting me know who it was.
Social source share

Guest Netspeaky
I really like " Cheri - o " By Bert Hunter on Elf , is this well known - anyone ? Best ,Eddie .
Picked this up in the 80's from Martin Koppel on his recommendation.
Social source share

Picked this up in the 80's from Martin Koppel on his recommendation.

Funnily enough, got a sales list this morning with this on... can't quite make my mind up if I like it or not! :D

Social source share

Hot Line issue is rere - most copies are single sided demos with the wrong side on.

Gained a release on UK Action 45 as well.

lovely record, I have a UK Action one, but would it go at a northern night? always thought of it as more nice sweet 'listen at home' sort of tune myself? :D

Social source share

This cant go on by The Marvells. Does anyone know anything about this group?

This is on Yorey right ?

The Marvells were known as the Fabulettes when they released records nationally. I'm compiling some info to be posted on the web but sometimes it takes a while to get things done ... :D

Social source share

This is on Yorey right ?

The Marvells were known as the Fabulettes when they released records nationally. I'm compiling some info to be posted on the web but sometimes it takes a while to get things done ... :D

Its on Canadian Reo 8828 with Dizzy Jones birdland on the flip. It has by arr'ment with Yorey records USA on the label.

Social source share

Ay up! Here`s another one for yer..Got this in an old soul pack bought from Rotherham in the seventies...Searching through the old sales lists. Saw this one on Richard Domar`s list for forty quid (yes, £40) in the early nineties..

I`ve it had for a long time and I still don`t know what the hell it is, but I`ve developed some sort of weird affection for it over the years. Is it Country and Western or is it Northern? Or is it both? You be the judge...

it`s......CHUCK CONLON- Won`t You Say Yes To Me?- MARLIN

Edited by The Soul Intention
Social source share

Guest Trevski

Phil Lipari (Phil Parry?) "I Came Up Singing" AM/FM - anyone know it???????????/

Yeh, bought one 'blind' a while ago, absolutely awful!!

Social source share

Hot Line issue is rere - most copies are single sided demos with the wrong side on.

Gained a release on UK Action 45 as well.

i have a hot line issue it was thought to be very rare but do not think that is the case any more. still pretty rare but not impossible to find.

mark

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert