Wellingborough Embankment - Final Night

Guest Baz

Getting this thread going, only a couple of weeks away, plenty of freebie tickets been handed out all ready, must say im really looking forward to it and a little sad as it was the first soul night i attended too, and plenty of fond memorys including spinning along side Len, Robbo and Bob Hindsley at the 12th anniversery, Daves drunken antics behind the decks have become legendry :) A sad loss to the northants soul scene. but especially congratulations to Lenny for keeping at it for 13(?) years and never going down the boring predictable night route.

Friday 6th of April

With Spinners

Mick H

Dave Vanner

John Buck

Roger Banks

And host Lenny Dopson.

8pm - 1am

Free 29 track rare soul CD to the first 200 in.

Dave is going to post his top 5 current spins and being a sort of resident at Wellingborough will give you a trip down memory lane and post some of his tunes that got the place rocking and also introduced to the Northants soul scene.

See you'll there :thumbsup:

• Replies 54
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest in town Mikey

I am going to be busting my backside to get to this one, like no other event this year.

The Northern Soul scene IMO is so great because of people like Lenny and Nina.

Hope to see you there Baz. Its been a while.

I am going to be busting my backside to get to this one, like no other event this year.

The Northern Soul scene IMO is so great because of people like Lenny and Nina.

Hope to see you there Baz. Its been a while.

Be good to see you there Mikey :thumbsup:

Guest kid mohair

Getting this thread going, only a couple of weeks away, plenty of freebie tickets been handed out all ready, must say im really looking forward to it and a little sad as it was the first soul night i attended too, and plenty of fond memorys including spinning along side Len, Robbo and Bob Hindsley at the 12th anniversery, Daves drunken antics behind the decks have become legendry laugh.gif A sad loss to the northants soul scene. but especially congratulations to Lenny for keeping at it for 13(?) years and never going down the boring predictable night route.

Friday 6th of April

With Spinners

Mick H

Dave Vanner

John Buck

Roger Banks

And host Lenny Dopson.

8pm - 1am

Dave is going to post his top 5 current spins and being a sort of resident at Wellingborough will give you a trip down memory lane and post some of his tunes that got the place rocking and also introduced to the Northants soul scene.

well said baz we will be there for sure...the embankment and lennys efforts and in put to the scene wont be forgotten... :)

:thumbsup: Definately gonna be a packer cant see anyone wanting to miss Len's grand finale. It will be a night of mixed emotions another long standing soul night venue closing. There have been some top dj's spinning their sounds over the past 13 years resulting in some top nights.

The Embankment was always a winner, ample parking, large dancefloor and legendary cheap beer :) . I think it was cheap too drunk to know!!

Lenny has worked hard keeping this place going over the years and always bringing in a variety of dj's so as not to let the night get stale.

I thought I would share with you some of my plays over the years.

From the early days approx1994 :

WADE FLEMONS - JEANETTE- RAMSEL. (Paid £12.00 for this at the time - dancers loved it).

TAMMY WAYNE-HAVE A GOOD TIME - BOOM RECORDS. (I brought this in the 80's for £12.00 off Pete Lawson - went down a storm at the Embankment.

FOUR TRACKS - CHARADE - NOTE RECORDS. ( What a mellow tune, I was pleased that the dancers took to it. Always asked for this when Djing at Wellingborough, never had its day like the one on Mandingo.

L ALLEN - CANT WE TALK IT OVER - GREEN DOLPHIN. (Always requested especially by one Mr Tony Gair ...You know who you are).

Approx 1996 Onwards:

WILLIE SMALL - HOW HIGH CAN YOU FLY- JESSICA. (Asked for by Pauline - Smiggy's sister as it was remembered from the Leighton Buzzard days in the 80's).

GWEN DAVIS - MY MAN DONT THINK I KNOW - SOUND STAGE SEVEN. (Always a good floor to this one, played the B side by mistake one night when the cheap lagers kicked in! Luckily the crowd loved it.

TROYY DODDS - TRY MY LOVE - EL CAMINO. (Always a dance floor with this one, first heard it in the late eighties when valued at £40.00).

MARTHA STARR - LOVES THE ONLY SOUTION - THELMA. (Detroit floor packer always went down well with the dancers. A Thank you for Gary Spencer for putting that in my play box.

JESSE DAVIS - GONNA HANG ON IN THERE - ERA RECORDS. (Full on action packed record guaranted to have you jumping off your chairs. Met Jesse in L.A. told him his record was one of the top plays in my box, he was over the moon to know so many people were still getting enjoyment from his sound. Lisa started singing it to him promptly followed by the rest of gang and Jesse himself. What a moment one we will never forget shaking hands with a tearful Jesse overcome with emotion).

OTHER PLAYS AT WELLINGBOROUGH FROM YEARS GONE BY TO PRESENT DATE:

MONTCLAIRS - HEY YOU - ARCH.

SKIP MAHONEY - JANICE - SALSOUL.

ELBIE PARKER - PLEASE KEEP AWAY FROM ME - VEEP.

THE JADES - LUCKY FELLOW- MODE.

VIKKI STYLES - THE TEARS WONT STOP FALLING - ODEX.

THE JUST BROTHERS - CARLENA - GARRISON.

THE MARVELOWS - YOUR LITTLE SISTER - ABC PARAMOUNT.

JIMMY MCFARLAND - LONELY LOVER - RPR.

RUBY - DECEIVED /FEMININE INGENUITY - GOLD TOKEN. (both sides played).

JOHHNY JAMES - TELL YOU ABOUT MY GIRL - CIRCLE M.

PATRICE HOLLOWAY - FOR THE LOVE OF MIKE - ACETATE.

LEE MAYE - TOTAL DISASTER - PIC ONE.

MELLO SOULS - HEY GIRL - C/UP.

Many more, but too many to list!

A Big thank you to Len & Nina for allowing me to dj over the years, had some fantastic nights and memories I we will have forever.

Just know that April 6th is going to be a top night, hope everyone attends in saying a sad farewell to The Emankment see you all there. Mines a pint! biggrin.gif Intend to get very messy so if you have never caught my druken spot at Wellingborough nows the time!!

DAVE & LISA VANNER X

Really going to miss this night, missed very few since it started and can honestly say enjoyed everyone. As has been said before Len has always stuck to his beliefs about the stuff he wanted people to hear and it has been great having a local do like that.

You should be very proud Len :thumbsup:

Kerry and Jay

Have to say, its a real testament to Len that He has managed to successfully promote the Embankment nights for all these years and still keep it fresh!....i'm sure the last one is gonna be one to remember!!!....I know Len and Nina have some great little suprises lined up as well ???? ....just hope the management show some respect for the evening ...all the best for the night Len and Nina...regards Jem :yes:

WADE FLEMONS - JEANETTE- RAMSEL. (Paid £12.00 for this at the time - dancers loved it).

TAMMY WAYNE-HAVE A GOOD TIME - BOOM RECORDS. (I brought this in the 80's for £12.00 off Pete Lawson - went down a storm at the Embankment.

FOUR TRACKS - CHARADE - NOTE RECORDS. ( What a mellow tune, I was pleased that the dancers took to it. Always asked for this when Djing at Wellingborough, never had its day like the one on Mandingo.

L ALLEN - CANT WE TALK IT OVER - GREEN DOLPHIN. (Always requested especially by one Mr Tony Gair ...You know who you are).

Approx 1996 Onwards:

WILLIE SMALL - HOW HIGH CAN YOU FLY- JESSICA. (Asked for by Pauline - Smiggy's sister as it was remembered from the Leighton Buzzard days in the 80's).

GWEN DAVIS - MY MAN DONT THINK I KNOW - SOUND STAGE SEVEN. (Always a good floor to this one, played the B side by mistake one night when the cheap lagers kicked in! Luckily the crowd loved it.

TROYY DODDS - TRY MY LOVE - EL CAMINO. (Always a dance floor with this one, first heard it in the late eighties when valued at £40.00).

MARTHA STARR - LOVES THE ONLY SOUTION - THELMA. (Detroit floor packer always went down well with the dancers. A Thank you for Gary Spencer for putting that in my play box.

JESSE DAVIS - GONNA HANG ON IN THERE - ERA RECORDS. (Full on action packed record guaranted to have you jumping off your chairs. Met Jesse in L.A. told him his record was one of the top plays in my box, he was over the moon to know so many people were still getting enjoyment from his sound. Lisa started singing it to him promptly followed by the rest of gang and Jesse himself. What a moment one we will never forget shaking hands with a tearful Jesse overcome with emotion).

A Big thank you to Len & Nina for allowing me to dj over the years, had some fantastic nights and memories I we will have forever.

Just know that April 6th is going to be a top night, hope everyone attends in saying a sad farewell to The Emankment see you all there. Mines a pint! :yes: Intend to get very messy so if you have never caught my druken spot at Wellingborough nows the time!!

DAVE & LISA VANNER X

Edited by Delasoul
Guest gibber

Getting this thread going, only a couple of weeks away, plenty of freebie tickets been handed out all ready, must say im really looking forward to it and a little sad as it was the first soul night i attended too, and plenty of fond memorys including spinning along side Len, Robbo and Bob Hindsley at the 12th anniversery, Daves drunken antics behind the decks have become legendry :ohmy: A sad loss to the northants soul scene. but especially congratulations to Lenny for keeping at it for 13(?) years and never going down the boring predictable night route.

Friday 6th of April

With Spinners

Mick H

Dave Vanner

John Buck

Roger Banks

And host Lenny Dopson.

8pm - 1am

I know all of the st ives gang is going .

Need to sort tickets out .

Whats the best bet for tickets Baz?

I know all of the st ives gang is going .

Need to sort tickets out .

Whats the best bet for tickets Baz?

No need for tickets mate, just turn up :rolleyes:

Just know that April 6th is going to be a top night, hope everyone attends in saying a sad farewell to The Emankment see you all there. Mines a pint! biggrin.gif Intend to get very messy so if you have never caught my druken spot at Wellingborough nows the time!!

DAVE & LISA VANNER X

Nice one Dave great post, really good to read :D

Here didn't we agree that it would be best if we left Lisa at home that night, she'd only cause trouble :rolleyes: Naughty Naughty!

Just thought I'd add my bit to the thread. Firstly just to let you know I have got more 'Free' C.D's done as I want everyone to get one (300). As Baz mentioned I have given out a few free tickets, mainly to people from the mailing list, mostly at random...(Please don't be offended if you didn't get one, I still need to cover the expenses, although some I sent did get lost in the post...) Apart from that it's just pay on the door.

Anyway back to the thread.

Classic moment 1) - Back in the early days.

Dave Vanner was D.Jing after Paul Donnelly. Paul had just finished his set and Dave is just taking the mike;

Dave-"Yes, thanks to........sorry....what's your name mate?", the place howled! How dare he not know who Paul Donnelly was!

Classic moment 2) (I was devastated at the time), back in 1995;

I was nervously waiting for Soul Sam (to me one of the Scene's Royalty), wondering if he'd actually turn up to a do in deepest darkest Wellingborough....he finally arrived only for my mum (cheap door staff) to say...."OOOooooohhh, you must be Sammy Soul!". I died with embarrassment but can laugh about it now!!

Classic moment 3) Keith Woon asking to look through my sounds -

Keith - "Are they in any particular order?"

Me - "Yes mate, try not to mix them up"

Keith - (Puzzled, thinking they should be in label order) "Len, how come Arctic's next to Zodiac?" ...

Me -(Pointing at my DJ Box all dead pan like) - "No Keith, they're me expensive ones, they're me maybe's, they're me requests, they're me safety's and they're me oldies!"

...God I'll never be remembered as being a knowledgeable collector!!! - Oh well...

As Dave Vanner mentioned a few sounds, here's a few I've played over the years;

Almeta Latimer - These Memories - Mainstream

Bobby Taylor - Don't be afraid - Gordy

Diana Ross - Stormy - Unissued (Somehow became The Embankments anthem)

The Exits - Money - Gemini (Reactivated at The Embankment - then completely killed! Great tune though)

Barbara Mason - You better stop - Arctic (Thanks to the late Pat Loasby)

Gloria Scott - What am I gonna do - Casablanca

Otis Lee - Hard roe to hoe - Quant - (Swapped this for Joanie Sommers - Don't Pity Me back in 1994 - result!!!)

Odds & Ends - Let me try - Today (Mid-Tempo Magic at its best!)

Fran Jeffries - Gone Now - Monument (Found after hours of trawling through Glen Bellamy's warehouse)

The Penetrations - Champagne Shing-a-ling - Highland

Paul Varisco - Tell me where love goes - Kapp

Gene Vito - Undiscovered County - Decca (Love it or hate it, the jury is still out)

Richie Havens - I can't make it anymore - Verve (I do love my different versions!)

The Deletes - Look at me - Blue Rock

Clydie King - Soft and gentle ways - Imperial

Newbury & Johnson - I want to give you my everything - Mercury (Met Mark and Mike Gibbs through this record, they hadn't heard it since Stafford, which I took as a massive complement)

Tommy Frontera - My leading lady - Hi-Lite

Skip Mahoney - Janice (and as many 70s classics as the punters would let me play!)

Anyway, as Dave said, lots of treasured memories over the years, including the Millennium All-nighter which was very special, Dave always making sure I had a drink at the end of each night, the locals, the travellers, the dancers, the dealers, the piss-takers (Fudge and Roger), the nutters (Pete), the Country and Western dancers that turned up on the wrong night! (I let them in for free), Karl Boddington for crashing his car right outside the entrance (I still think he did it on purpose!), the place was swarming with police (strangely different atmosphere that night!) and of course to Nina - mainly for putting up with my mood swings for the two weeks before each night - It don't get any easier!

Anyway, to round up, being relatively young on the Soul Scene I've been genuinely honoured and grateful to the many DJs who have made the trip to The Embankment and obviously the opened minded and supportive dancers who grew to trust The Embankment's music policy.

Thanks everyone,

See you all on 6 April

Len Dopson.

Just thought I'd add my bit to the thread. Firstly just to let you know I have got more 'Free' C.D's done as I want everyone to get one (300). As Baz mentioned I have given out a few free tickets, mainly to people from the mailing list, mostly at random...(Please don't be offended if you didn't get one, I still need to cover the expenses, although some I sent did get lost in the post...) Apart from that it's just pay on the door.

Dave Vanner was D.Jing after Paul Donnelly. Paul had just finished his set and Dave is just taking the mike;

Dave-"Yes, thanks to........sorry....what's your name mate?", the place howled! How dare he not know who Paul Donnelly was!

I was nervously waiting for Soul Sam (to me one of the Scene's Royalty), wondering if he'd actually turn up to a do in deepest darkest Wellingborough....he finally arrived only for my mum (cheap door staff) to say...."OOOooooohhh, you must be Sammy Soul!". I died with embarrassment but can laugh about it now!!

Keith - (Puzzled, thinking they should be in label order) "Len, how come Arctic's next to Zodiac?" ...

Me -(Pointing at my DJ Box all dead pan like) - "No Keith, they're me expensive ones, they're me maybe's, they're me requests, they're me safety's and they're me oldies!"

...God I'll never be remembered as being a knowledgeable collector!!! - Oh well...

The Exits - Money - Gemini (Reactivated at The Embankment - then completely killed! Great tune though)

Otis Lee - Hard roe to hoe - Quant - (Swapped this for Joanie Sommers - Don't Pity Me back in 1994 - result!!!)

Fran Jeffries - Gone Now - Monument (Found after hours of trawling through Glen Bellamy's warehouse)

Gene Vito - Undiscovered County - Decca (Love it or hate it, the jury is still out)

Richie Havens - I can't make it anymore - Verve (I do love my different versions!)

Newbury & Johnson - I want to give you my everything - Mercury (Met Mark and Mike Gibbs through this record, they hadn't heard it since Stafford, which I took as a massive complement)

Skip Mahoney - Janice (and as many 70s classics as the punters would let me play!)

Anyway, as Dave said, lots of treasured memories over the years, including the Millennium All-nighter which was very special, Dave always making sure I had a drink at the end of each night, the locals, the travellers, the dancers, the dealers, the piss-takers (Fudge and Roger), the nutters (Pete), the Country and Western dancers that turned up on the wrong night! (I let them in for free), Karl Boddington for crashing his car right outside the entrance (I still think he did it on purpose!), the place was swarming with police (strangely different atmosphere that night!) and of course to Nina - mainly for putting up with my mood swings for the two weeks before each night - It don't get any easier!

Anyway, to round up, being relatively young on the Soul Scene I've been genuinely honoured and grateful to the many DJs who have made the trip to The Embankment and obviously the opened minded and supportive dancers who grew to trust The Embankment's music policy.

Thanks everyone,

See you all on 6 April

Len Dopson.

Although you were right to point out to me on Saturday that I'd only been on the scene for four or five years Len, actually, my first ever proper Soul night was at the Embankment in 95 or 96. I'll ask Jem if he can remember. I sat there taking it all in, the music and the dancing and I'm glad I shall be there for the final one. It will be a great night! Can't wait! :thumbsup:

Just one more thing,

Unfortunatelly due to new furniture, the management have bought the Smoking Ban in early. You can smoke in the lounge or outside, where (Hopefully) there will be a smoking area. But please not in the main hall, corridor or toilets...Please respect this as you all know I don't need the hassle of implementing it on the night, Ive already got to stop the talc from "Ruining' the dance floor...

Thanks...

God they are a bunch of up tight wanker.gif

Reckon we should cover the little 'talc scout' kids in the stuff at the end of the night, what kind of person employs a kid to walk round checking for talc!!

Not that the dance floor really needs it there, any way think happy thoughts :no:

God they are a bunch of up tight wanker.gif

Reckon we should cover the little 'talc scout' kids in the stuff at the end of the night, what kind of person employs a kid to walk round checking for talc!!

Not that the dance floor really needs it there, any way think happy thoughts :D

I totally agree with ya...Baz...child labour still alive and kicking in Northants eh!!!....just trying to persuade an old soulie couple to come along next week....might even drag Mick L along...if he behaves himself :no::) ....Steve and Sharon(Kettering..Stompers and Shufflers) a meet up??...Delx

:no: Me thinks its gonna b a good nite!! Hope the talc taliban dont get gum in their hair :)

Len, that story of Dave just had me giggling at the thought of it, I wanted to floor to open. Oh well for better or worse as they say (whens the better Dave always says- Cheeky!).

See ya all therex

I totally agree with ya...Baz...child labour still alive and kicking in Northants eh!!!....just trying to persuade an old soulie couple to come along next week....might even drag Mick L along...if he behaves himself :no::) ....Steve and Sharon(Kettering..Stompers and Shufflers) a meet up??...Delx

All sounds good Del, child labour is OK, wouldn't mind a little kid to run around doing chores for me, i could pay them in sweets :lol: Whos Mick L (?)

P.S Lisa wheres that kicking smilie :D

Guest glyn-w

Nice one Dave great post, really good to read :thumbsup:

Here didn't we agree that it would be best if we left Lisa at home that night, she'd only cause trouble :rolleyes: Naughty Naughty!

[/quote

Just like to say that its a bloody sad day for me when this venue closes its doors..think i went to the first one, whith my late mate Dave Smith..R.I.P mate..or in the river dee where i put your ashes...nowing him he would get there, or will be there in spirit..miss that man.

Think it kicked off whith just the four dj line up of lenny, Dave, Ciro, and whats the other blokes name ?? + guest...i remeber paying at the door and being greeted by two pissed up ladies..Lisa and Shaz..nothing changes a :lol: and it was only 8pm who became lifetime friends and still are, then near running into the hall, foook the beer, just get on the dance floor where there was a mist of talc in the air kicked up by a very packed floor, the music blairing out at ya, afer that you start to walk to the bar for a jar, then thay put on a storma of a sound, you look at each other, then fook the beer again and get back on the dance floor...think it was the sounds...the people...the commoradery..the atmosphere......at the end of the day it was the..embankment..

A big thanks to Lenny for giving us all them memms, it couldent have been an easy thing to do..Hat off to you sir..And as for young Baz..stop heckling Lisa...Let me do it :lol::elvis::P:thumbsup:

Guest glyn-w

:thumbsup: Definately gonna be a packer cant see anyone wanting to miss Len's grand finale. It will be a night of mixed emotions another long standing soul night venue closing. There have been some top dj's spinning their sounds over the past 13 years resulting in some top nights.

The Embankment was always a winner, ample parking, large dancefloor and legendary cheap beer :thumbsup: . I think it was cheap too drunk to know!!

Lenny has worked hard keeping this place going over the years and always bringing in a variety of dj's so as not to let the night get stale.

Approx 1996 Onwards:

Just know that April 6th is going to be a top night, hope everyone attends in saying a sad farewell to The Emankment see you all there. Mines a pint! :lol: Intend to get very messy so if you have never caught my druken spot at Wellingborough nows the time!!

DAVE & LISA VANNER X

Have to agree whith baz..great post sir..was you dictating it to Lisa :elvis: have seen what she can do wiv a keybord lol.. :rolleyes:

Guest glyn-w

Thanks everyone,

See you all on 6 April

Len Dopson.

[/quote

Hey Lenny another great venue hits the dust a mate..you know i loved the place, if i hide in the corner..can i have a fag there :rolleyes: .. i remember the dave/donnelly insident..lmao :thumbsup: ..wouldent miss the last one for enything sir..

i remeber paying at the door and being greeted by two pissed up ladies..Lisa and Shaz..nothing changes a :elvis:

You forgot incredibly annoying too sir :rolleyes:

Good post mate :thumbsup:

name='glyn-w' date='Mar 29 2007, 10:13 AM' post='469499']

have seen what she can do wiv a keybord lol.. :thumbsup:

Usually hits me with it :lol:

Guest partytimegirl

Hi Lenny,

Really looking forward to this night, and thanks for the invite.

Quite a few of us coming along so should be an excellent night.

Roll on next Friday

Tracy xx :dance: :dance:

All sounds good Del, child labour is OK, wouldn't mind a little kid to run around doing chores for me, i could pay them in sweets :lol:Whos Mick L (?)

Make sure they are Thorntons...kids have quite high standards nowadays :unsure: ...I'm pretty sure you came over and spoke to him.. at the last Embankment do before the Xmas one..although from Northampton..he tends to hang around with some of the Wellingborough crowd who are regulars there...Delxx

Dont leave it too long into the night cos Dave wont know who he is either :thumbsup:

:yes:

Not long now all the old gangs going to be there, even Horny is traveling up for this one.

Going to be a messy one me thinks :thumbsup:

laugh.gif

Not long now all the old gangs going to be there, even Horny is traveling up for this one.

Going to be a messy one me thinks :thumbsup:

Shame it's the last one....end of an era and all that but really looking forward to this as I haven't been out so much lately.

There's a really good buzz going round for this....it's gonna be a big night.

Guest gibber

Shame it's the last one....end of an era and all that but really looking forward to this as I haven't been out so much lately.

There's a really good buzz going round for this....it's gonna be a big night.

I don`t know what the capacity is, just seems every one I bump in to is going.

I better get there early with my lot.

Edited by gibber

I don`t know what the capacity is, just seems every one I bump in to is going.

I better get there early with my lot.

Bout time there was a soul night with a buzz and every one you see is going, the place packed out to the rafters, its what it should be like some thing thats been missing from the scene for a few years now is that :( Just a shame it has to be a last one for it to be like that :thumbsup:

WELLINGBOROUGH SOUL CLUB ANOUNCEMENT...(Good Friday)

The first three hundred people through the door will receive a Wellingborough Soul Club 'Goody Bag'.

In three of these 'Goody Bags' is a 'Golden Ticket' marked 1st, 2nd or 3rd.

If you are one of the three lucky winners you will receive a prize (Which includes vinyl) near the end of the night...So lookout for those 'Golden Tickets' folks and good luck!!!

Len. beer.gif

The first three hundred people through the door will receive a Wellingborough Soul Club 'Goody Bag'.

If you are one of the three lucky winners you will receive a prize (Which includes vinyl) near the end of the night...So lookout for those 'Golden Tickets' folks and good luck!!!

Len. :lol:

Sounds good Len , we're bringing a car load from Banbury , see you friday !! Best Wishes ,Eddie

Len. :lol:

GOODY BAG !............right I'm coming.......looking forward to this Len, had some good nights there and heard some great choons....

.....hope they've got enough beer :lol:

Len. beer.gif

Can the lucky winner just pick what they want from your playbox Len ?

whistling.gif

whistling.gif

Nowt in there worth having :lol:

Could always be the booby prize whistling.gif

Our taxis booked, pre warm up up the Vanners and its party time :wicked:

whistling.gif

Part of the 1st prize IS from my play box!!! - Midtempo Magic (Lenny Lullaby!) at it's best!!!

*Will post up directions later (Unless anyone else can, as I'm blo*dy useless at that...)*

Part of the 1st prize IS from my play box!!! - Midtempo Magic (Lenny Lullaby!) at it's best!!!

*Will post up directions later (Unless anyone else can, as I'm blo*dy useless at that...)*

Got the post code len? with throw up a google map thing

ok directions easy , take the slip road off the main a45 dual carridgeway into Wellingborough, if you are travelling from Peterboro side ,this is the first Wellingboro.exit off ,if you miss it dont worry as littleway further up the road there is a roundabout where you can double back, if you are coming from Northampton side obviously you will reach this roundabout first continue on to the slip road exit just off the slip road you will come to a mini roundabout take the 2nd exit off you should have a large tesco store on your left by now , there is a short length of road to the next roundabout position yourself in the middle lane and take 2nd exit which is basically straight ahead you are now along the Embankment, the river will be on your right, follow this road round a sharp left turn up the road a little further the Embankment club is on the left more or less opposite a Triumph Motorcycle dealership........hope this is of assistance to those who may need it ...see ya all Friday!

The Crown and Anchor Pub's post code is - NN8 1NJ (That's just on the corner of The Embankment Road)

Cheers,

Len.

I like to pop in here for a pre Embankment drink.......they always play soul & Motown. Len, the tables are ready for Jem to pick up later. :lol:

Edited by Maark
Guest boots

THANKS FOR THE PM LEN

I WILL FIND OUT THE NUMBER AND LET YOU KNOW

REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO FRIDAY AND PREZZIES ASWELL IS THERE SWEETIES IN THE GOODY BAG :lol:

hope all goes well Lenny

can remember you trying to tempt me to get along to one of these in the early days - but back then I'm afraid I was a nighters or nothing kind of girl

can I have a goody bag for never going? :lol:

big kiss to you and Nina

xx

Len. beer.gif

A goody bag, full of goodies, with loads of good choons played, on good Friday! Tis gonna be an extremely good night I feel! Looking forward to it!

x