How Do We Open These Soundfiles

Is it only me or are other posters having difficulty opening attached soundfiles?

I've just tried to download and open the Clifford Curry that Dayo posted and I ended up with a 'PHP index' file ( or something like that) that will not open with anything I have got. I had the same problem with the Ted Wilson that someone else posted.

When I download using Fire-Fox I just end up with a Quicktime icon.

When I download using Internet Explorer without any kind of download manager, nothing at all happens.

When I download using IE and Flashget I end upwith uonopenable PHP file described above.

Edited by Billy Freemantle
Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I'm using firefox Billy and it's working ok - just click it, asks you what you want to open it with, I tell it MMJB and off it goes...might be a setting on firefox?

link

I'll try that later, Pete; although not with MMJB. I don't have that .I use DJ2000 which is the closest thing that I've found to a real jukebox. You get alphabetical access to all your files in a left pane and then build playists on the right.

Social source share

No problemo - I was going to say, I have to click and save target on my Mac to get it to work.

Re; FIrefox - It is actually the best secure browser around but since it disables a lot of stuff by default, like pop-ups and plug-ins, you have to phaff about with user preferences :yes:

Social source share

I'll try that later, Pete; although not with MMJB.  I don't have that .I use DJ2000 which is the closest thing that I've found to  a real jukebox. You get alphabetical access to all your files in a left pane and then build playists on the right.

link

I just use mmjb for ripping/burning really, anything to get away from realplayer!

Social source share

I just use mmjb for ripping/burning really, anything to get away from realplayer!

link

You should really try and get hold of this DJ2000 that I'm talking about. It's the only one that lets you see lots of your files at the same time without scooting backrwards and forwards to where they are stored on the pc. If I had broadband, I would send it to you. Still on dial-up unfortunately.

Social source share

Have just downloaded a Fire-Fox plug-in called Flashgot which works with your download manager. With this installed I can now just 'Click + Alt' to download a file which is associated automatically with my default  mp3 player, which in my case is DJ2000.

link

found with firefox if install normal quicktime windows plug in

then all mp3 links posted in forum stream

course it depends on your browser and may mess up set up

but may be usefull for someone

on attachments in forum - may revist doing the built in embedding , the only probs it seemed was if more than one sound in thread was uploaded

which meant some had all sounds playing at same time

but there is a few upgrades coming out soon, so will wait to after that

the gallery is "almost" at point where it offers same features as posting in the forum

hopefully improvements coming soon, will bring it to a point where is as easy if not better as posting in forum

while posting sounds in forum is easy, think some stuff does get missed if lot of new posts and is hard to find later on

suppose best solution is if post in forum it is automatically addded to gallery... mmmm maybe possible

will have a look after upgrade

as always any thoughts, suggestions etc more than welcome

mike

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!